Sandisk Ultra Class 10 Camera vs Android version compatibility with Gateway 3DS

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Rockstead, Dec 21, 2013.

1. Rockstead
    OP

Rockstead GBAtemp Regular

Sep 10, 2013
    Canada
    I bought 3x 64GB of the Camera version but only realized there is a different Android packaging vs Camera version of this memory available.

The model # is SDSDQUI-064G-U46S

You can't even find info on the SanDisk site what exactly makes the camera model different then the android model.

Anyhow I'm just trying to be ready for Multirom, so I realize most people may not have this memory but you probably have the 32GB version, so if you can please share your experience with that of this particular model.

Thanks.

2. redkeyboard

redkeyboard GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 8, 2013
    United States
    I believe I have this version on the phone. If I remember correctly there's just a QR code on the packaging that links to a sandisk app on the Play Store

3. corim123

corim123 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 1, 2007
    United States
    All microSDs are going to be functionally the same. Otherwise, why have a format? I wouldn't be concerned about using them.

4. kalimero

kalimero Uncle Rupee

Jun 28, 2006
    Gambia, The
    I guess the camera version has better writing speeds? It is useful for continuous shooting.

5. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    so you mean, class 10 is a lie? i thought the "class" had some standard...

6. kalimero

kalimero Uncle Rupee

Jun 28, 2006
    Gambia, The
    Isn't it a minimum standard?

7. vassildador

vassildador Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 21, 2013
    Belgium
    They're probably exactly the same. At the end of a SanDisk SD card product number there's an "A" added if it has android-themed packaging, but the cards are identical. A while ago they even had "ultra" and "mobile ultra" cards, but as it caused too much confusion while the products themselves were identical, they got rid of it and named them just "ultra".