Same CIA on both sysnand & emunand?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Keylogger, May 12, 2015.

1. Keylogger
    OP

Keylogger GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 3, 2006
    France
    Hello,

I need some help...

I have an old 3DS XL with 4.5 Sysnand & 9.4 Emunand.

On the 4.5 SYSNAND, I have some legit cia games installed. (ACNL, Fire emblem, Zelda MM & smash bros)
    But I can only play ACNL & Fire emblem because Zelda MM & SSB don't work on 4.x FW.

So, I want to know if I can "share" these legit CIA between SYSNAND & emunand? Because I can't install them a 2nd time on emunand (not enought space) & I want to use the same save file (ACNL & Fire emblem saves) on both sysnnand & emunand...

Is it possible to do that? Without reformat the emunand?

Thanks a lot

EDIT: Sysnand & emunand are unlinked

2. Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    Well if your nands were linked it would be as simple as installing it too both (second time would say it failed) and they would show up in both with shared saves

3. Typhin

Typhin GBAtemp Fan

Jan 30, 2008
    United States
    Your best bet might be to use SaveDataFiler to back up your saves, uninstall them from sysNand, reinstall them onto emuNand, and then use SaveDataFiler to restore your saves. I think installed CIAs go into the "Private" folder, so the process might be even easier, but I don't know for certain. In my case, I had them installed on sysNand before I got my Gateway, and so they were still present when I set up my emuNand, and I didn't have to do anything to move them over. But in my case, the CIA never "saw" a new console ID or anything, since emuNand never got formatted. If you're going to be messing with CIAs a lot, you might want to invest in a larger SD card for the system, though. (Moving an emuNand from one SD card to another for use in the same system is pretty easy, at least.)

cocoPika likes this.
  4. cocoPika

cocoPika GBAtemp Regular

Dec 2, 2014
    Canada
    Yes, back up your save files then have a try to play the cias on both sysnand and emunand

5. RednaxelaNnamtra

RednaxelaNnamtra GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 8, 2011
    Gambia, The
    like Xenon Hacks said, if your nands are linked simply install it again on emunand, after you backed up your saves with savedatafiler. The 3DS will reinstall the game, so the games will not be two times on your sd.

Thats how I manage it on my 3DS(otherwise i would have the unwrapping bug, because my nands should stay linked for E-Shop stuff :) )

6. Keylogger
    OP

Keylogger GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 3, 2006
    France
    But with linked NANDs, can I play the games on sysnand AND emunand? Or only in emunand?