Hacking Safely install priiloader

SkeletonSmith

subscribe Skeleton Smith Gaming on youtube
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a wii with bootMii boot1 as IOS, and I need to know how to safely install Priiloader. Should i use d2x, ios58 installer, or am I safe now? I already have a NAND backup. Thank you!!
p.s. to clarify, my wii is still in full working order. It is not bricked. I just need priiloader so I dont have to worry about future bricks.

Last edited by SkeletonSmith,

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Those things you mentioned have nothing to do with Priiloader - simply go on its official github (https://github.com/DacoTaco/priiloader/releases), download the 2nd to last version and extract it to SD like any other homebrew, download the 0.9.3 beta and extract its files in the same folder (overwriting the boot.dol), then simply run the installer and follow on-screen instructions

Spoilers: bootmii-ios is fundamentally useless for solving bricks, and priiloader is very useful against theme bricks and bannerbricks but is certainly fallible against other user errors

SkeletonSmith

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those things you mentioned have nothing to do with Priiloader - simply go on its official github ), download the 2nd to last version and extract it to SD like any other homebrew, download the 0.9.3 beta and extract its files in the same folder (overwriting the bootol), then simply run the installer and follow on-screen instructions

Spoilers: bootmii-ios is fundamentally useless for solving bricks, and priiloader is very useful against theme bricks and bannerbricks but is certainly fallible against other user errors
Should i extract to the apps folder or to the root? Sorry im a new memberand cant use quotez haha

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Any Wii homebrew conventionally has:
/apps/any-arbitrary-name/boot.dol or .elf
/apps/any-arbitrary-name/icon.png (optional)
/apps/any-arbitrary-name/meta.xml (optional unless the homebrew uses ahbprot, which the priiloader installer does)

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Or you could use modmii to help you install priiloader (albeit not the latest version of priiloader but still very stable and reliable, as is the latest updates at present). Modmii will also have you install other things as extra brick protection in addition to priiloader (E. G. Protection against potential 003 bricks in vulnerable wii's from official updates)

SkeletonSmith

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so i have the official release priiloader 8.something on my sd apps folder, what do i do now?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night