Homebrew SafeA9LHInstaller

tvo770

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can help me figure out what's going on when I use a boot manager payload like CtrBootManager or BootCTR9 and then try to boot luma3ds payload from it it seems to break ds mode GBA VCs causing them to black screen they work fine if I load directly the luma3ds payload. Dose anyone know a fix or workaround?

Redferne

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can help me figure out what's going on when I use a boot manager payload like CtrBootManager or BootCTR9 and then try to boot luma3ds payload from it it seems to break ds mode GBA VCs causing them to black screen they work fine if I load directly the luma3ds payload. Dose anyone know a fix or workaround?
Did you try the file just two posts above yours?

AkGBA

Nope
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I did and it didn't fix anything but CtrBootManager was already successfully loading the issues is that loading luma through it breaks DS mode GBA VCs functionality.

It's a known limitation of luma. No fix, but there's a workaround. You have to use the pathchanger tool -> look at the wiki : https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Installation-and-Upgrade

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I did and it didn't fix anything but CtrBootManager was already successfully loading the issues is that loading luma through it breaks DS mode GBA VCs functionality.

It's a known limitation of luma. No fix, but there's a workaround. You have to use the pathchanger tool -> look at the wiki : https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Installation-and-Upgrade

Or better : http://luma3ds.ericchu.net/

Reactions: tvo770

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
So this new v2 is needed for 'future compatibility' people are saying.
What does that mean exactly? Will there be .bin payloads in the future that will only run on v2?

RacsoSakuraba

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
The uninstall option have accident insurance? Something like Decrypt9, bottom combination, there are all kinds of people in the world.

Mewz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I keep getting told firm0.bin dosn't exist or has a wrong size. I'm trying to update a9lh on my n3ds, with the screeninit payload for A9LH. Currently my a9lh folder looks like this

/a9lh/firm0.bin
/a9lh/firm1.bin
/a9lh/otp.bin
/a9lh/payload_stage1.bin
/a9lh/payload_stage2.bin
/a9lh/secret_sector.bin

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I keep getting told firm0.bin dosn't exist or has a wrong size. I'm trying to update a9lh on my n3ds, with the screeninit payload for A9LH. Currently my a9lh folder looks like this

/a9lh/firm0.bin
/a9lh/firm1.bin
/a9lh/otp.bin
/a9lh/payload_stage1.bin
/a9lh/payload_stage2.bin
/a9lh/secret_sector.bin
I had the same issue earlier. You're most likely using an old firm0.bin file.

Go to Plailect's guide and download the newest firm0 and firm1 files, use those instead :)

Mewz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the same issue earlier. You're most likely using an old firm0.bin file.

Go to Plailect's guide and download the newest firm0 and firm1 files, use those instead :)

Yep, that was my issue. Now I feel silly for not checking that - thanks!

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
@Aurora Wright
So what's the thing with arm9loaderhax.bin and arm9loaderhax_si.bin? (i know it's no screen init and screen init)

Merged screeninit and noscreeninit stage2s into one: arm9loaderhax.bin does not init the screen, while arm9loaderhax_si.bin does; added a built-in mini CFW in case no payload is found which loads FIRM from CTRNAND and patches signature checks and FIRM partition writes

I used latest github versions and don't have an arm9loaderhax_si.bin how do i switch? i only have arm9loaderhax.bin (compiled from safea9lhinstaller) and payload_stage1.bin and payload_stage2.bin (compiled from your armloaderhax fork) (and yes i know i need firm0 etc... but those i have)
Do i need a switch to compile the the _si.bin version?

Last edited by DjoeN,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==