fr3quency

Trophies
Website
fr3quency.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Greece
No, payload_stage1 and

Yeah, the stage2 option seems to be causing more problems than it's fixing.
This is because most of those that bricked are pure idiots. I went from delebile's to dark-samus's fork using a full install because it fking says to use stage 2 only on the fork you are using, so I did a full install. Having a brain nowadays is rare it seems.

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
This is because most of those that bricked are pure idiots. I went from delebile's to dark-samus's fork using a full install because it fking says to use stage 2 only on the fork you are using, so I did a full install. Having a brain nowadays is rare it seems.
Still though, a stage 2 only update provides very little benefits over a full install, which is much safer in almost all cases. There's little point to keep something that causes more bricks than it helps people.

Reactions: fr3quency

fr3quency

Trophies
Website
fr3quency.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Greece
Still though, a stage 2 only update provides very little benefits over a full install, which is much safer in almost all cases. There's little point to keep something that causes more bricks than it helps people.
Indeed, she should remove stage2 and only allow full installations because, in the end, people are stupid.

Glix

Trophies
XP
Country

The way I read it was, if there was an update for the fork you are on, you could easily update it. But yes, if the fork you are on changes drastically then even that would be enough to cause a brick making Stage 2 idea nice for simple small changes, but utterly dangerous as proved in previous posts, especially when the rhetoric has been get Ah9L, never need hardmod ever.

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
If I'm on delibilie's fork (Old A9LH.3dsx installation method) I just load this and then select "Full install" to work? Some people are brickin beacuse they are doing stage2 update only.

Just curiosity, I will leave my 3DS as it is anyway, is working fine.

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Ok, so I got everything I need except the payload stage 2 file since for some reason it doesnt want to be compiled, always ending with an error 2.
Could someone be so kind to send me or link me those 2 files from auroras for with no screeninit? Also, the wiki guide uses Delebiles fork of al9h. Whats the difference between Delebiles fork and Auroras fork besides the screen splash thingy?

4gionz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok, so I got everything I need except the payload stage 2 file since for some reason it doesnt want to be compiled, always ending with an error 2.
Could someone be so kind to send me or link me those 2 files from auroras for with no screeninit? Also, the wiki guide uses Delebiles fork of al9h. Whats the difference between Delebiles fork and Auroras fork besides the screen splash thingy?
Page 10 first post @Supster131 posted them both

4gionz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
In your post @ page 10, you say to first do a full install and then a stage2 update. Doesn't full installation install stage1 and stage2?
Don't do a stage 2 update after. I used those exact files and did only full installations on 3 o3ds's and everything went perfect. When he released those files it was an older version and maybe a bug made him have to do 2 installations or something. Use the latest version of safea9lhinstaller and you'll be fine with only the full install the first time

Last edited by 4gionz,
Reactions: fr3quency

princeken09

그 "멋진" 남자
Trophies
XP
Country
Looking back when this safe installer came out, I updated my Stage 2 using a different fork's stage2 file and thank God I didn't brick. I won't probably mess with my A9LH anymore, unless a major update has been released.

Yami Anubis ZX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

if you read Shadowtrances post, you would see that is not the case, stage 2 bricks regardless of whether its the same fork or not.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/22tVWwmTie8?si=2CEDZldUW5ODozYh meh