Hacking Safe way to ''clean up''?

ShinraArmy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So im about to downgrade from 3.3 to 3.2 for the sake of installing StarFall, after that is done, and hoping the Backup Gamma, DVDx and everything keep working, im gonna clean up the wii and remove the stuff i no longer need

so, before i go to Wad manager and uninstall something crucial and brick my Wii, is there any application that i can use to delete files which will prevent me from doing something stupid? like completely blocking the option to delete it?

Edit: also, how many versions of StarFall are there? if more than 1

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
if you need to delete stuff off your Wii do ti thru the Wii Settings, do not mess aroud with homebrew to delete stuff, unless you have 250usd in your pocket and they are not necessary to you...!!!
smile.gif

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Someone used any title deleter last week and now he has a lovely white paperweight

Its an amazing program , but if you have to ask about it your not ready to use it. If your not 100% sure dont delete it is a golden rule - moving from that leads to shiney new paperweights

wanders

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Huh? Who bricked with anytitle deleter? I'd be fairly surprised if someone did... though yeah I still wouldn't mess with it unless you have a specific reason, like say removing a custom channel you lost the wad for or removing system channels like weather/shop/whatever.

But what kind of stuff are you talking about removing, Shinra? Delete savegames through the Wii data management. You can either also remove custom channels through data management or uninstall them with the wads you put them on there with in the first place, the latter being preferred.

ShinraArmy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i wanna delete some VC games i dont have the wad for anymore, mainly My Life as a King since i didnt get the one with the full dlc included, and now regardless of deleting and reinstalling i can't get the full DLC

that and, if it's safe to, remove any unused CIOS, if it's risky i wont do that tho

ringorinfret

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why dont you try the restore option from the wii menu ? I guess it should reset your wii to factory settings and then you can proceed to re-install everything...just my 2 cents, I never needed to do that

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
wanders said:
Huh? Who bricked with anytitle deleter? I'd be fairly surprised if someone did...

One of the guys on wiibrew was trying to install the multicios pack and decided he did it wrong and wanted a fresh install
so he loaded any title deleter and deleted all of his IOS's - including ios30 - full brick and no coming back from that one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: You could say the same for a couple or so threads that used to be popular, I guess.