safe mode wont work! help please

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by mrpinkeye, Oct 21, 2011.

Oct 21, 2011
  1. mrpinkeye
    OP

Member mrpinkeye GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    hi all,

i let my friend borrow my mobile broadband dongle. she said the program installed ok but when she next turned her netbook on it went to the "sorry windows didnt close right, choose safe mode or last known good config or normal" screen. EVERY OPTION REBOOTS THE SYSTEM! its just going round in circles :(

the netbook is an acer aspire one and the dongle is a ZTE MF112 if that helps at all?!

i do remember when i had trouble using the dongle on my netbook i think i installed drivers onto the actual dongle (the problem wasnt the dongle though, my netbook needed XP not win7) but i left the driver on the dongle. i notice when i try safe mode it runs through the drivers very quickly before rebooting. maybe someting to do with drivers already on dongle?

iv tryed botting with the dongle in and that doesnt help at all. i can access the F2 system menu and the F12 boot menu but not sure where to go from there...

any thoughts? thanks in advance.

2. relminator

Member relminator GBAtemp Fan

Philippines
    Try to boot from a Live CD or Live USB. Then back up your files and do a recover by Acer Recovery discs.

Google "Hirens Boot CD" as it can be installed to CD and USB.