Hacking RXTools won't boot properly on 2DS?

reiyu

Canadian, eh?
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
6.0 sysnand and 10.3 emunand running 10-02-15 RXTools build. I've used the same build on an o3DS and o3DS XL, and it boots just fine with MSET. I have to stop the boot by holding L first when I see the RXTools logo, then select boot to emunand or else I am stuck in a black screen. Before updating to 10.3, RXTools just boots fine on 6.0 emunand. I also tried booting with Gateway, and it just works fine as well in any version. Is this an RXTools bug or..?

Is this common for 2DS or did I miss a step? I followed the RXTools tutorial that was posted here in GBATemp just like for my other o3DSes, but the 2DS is the only thing that fails. Anyone experienced this?

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Did you update emuNAND 10.3 via Internet?
Internet updating O3DS/2DS emuNAND should work properly. If not, then it may really be an issue.

reiyu

Canadian, eh?
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Updated via internet safely. It's just the booting. I have to go to the RXTools GUI first and select boot to emunand manually in order to get into emunand properly. It works fine with my o3DS and o3DSXL, just not my 2DS.

reiyu

Canadian, eh?
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
just tried it now. doesn't work with autoboot still. guess i'll be stuck just not autobooting. it still works, but i'm not sure why autoboot is a no go?

D

Deleted-236924

I had the same issue using MSET entry point on 6.2.0 sysnand.
Using 9/28 build
Update sysnand to 9.2 and get menuhax entry point (or any *hax entry point really.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you pee in the water