Hacking rxTools with Signatures patched out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolfuze

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not entirely seeing how that would result in that massive of a patch though. Unless you completely redid his entire codebase there shouldn't be much shift at all.
I go to McDonalds, I love their MCFeast deluxe burger but I don't question what meat they use, ignorance is bliss ;)

Reactions: Margen67

Syphurith

Beginner
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
So you did a trick, maybe passed plenty of assembly code, congratulations. I wonder how you loaded the .dat file into your tools, like IDA or so.
It is closed source currently, and i don't want to predict its future. What i hoped for is a fully open-sourced custom firmware, in spite of its usage.
The features are wonderful, but its source would be more valuable for anyone want to learn, or anyone wana to fix issues.
Why i hate NTR - closed source - even it is developed by a good guy in the same country. Only its client is, so other can only fix issues that only related to its client.
PS:Oh no more open-source/close-source debate.. I'm sorry for that. Still i prefer a fully open-sourced one to a partial closed one.

capito27

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
@Apache Thunder @AHP_person So that mean we have to launch cubic and FBI on rxtool mode to install any cia on emunand and not on sysnand anymore, right ?
you don't have to go through all the lengths, just install Devmenu in Sysnand with PBT-CFW in 4.5 downgrade version, then make an emunand, restore 9.X sysnand if you feel like, boot Rxmode with the dat from this thread and voila , emunand with devmenu (a more in depth tutorial will most likely pop somewhere soon ^^)

coolfuze

Trophies
XP
Country
I prefer partially closed source, I don't want anyone to patch it out by just looking at the source in the next update.

Reactions: Syphurith

Kakkoii

Old fart
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is the cdn_firm.exe not working for anyone else?
I've tried placing it on my SD card and running it, I've tried disabling my firewall as well, but it never downloads the file. I've checked the root of all my hard drives too...

Even watched it run with Process Monitor and saw it didn't write a file anywhere... I see a bunch of TCP redirects though :S

coolfuze

Trophies
XP
Country
I've tried placing it on my SD card and running it, I've tried disabling my firewall as well, but it never downloads the file. I've checked the root of all my hard drives too...
That's off topic but if you blocked settings on your router to prevent nintendo updating your 3DS that could be blocking you downloading cdn firm

Suiginou

(null)
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

Even watched it run with Process Monitor and saw it didn't write a file anywhere... I see a bunch of TCP redirects though :S
Do you have an update block for your Wii U/3DS via DNS in your router/firewall? If so, chances are it's blocking the domain/address that cdn_firm.exe accesses (nus.cdn.c.shop.nintendowifi.net).

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you did a trick, maybe passed plenty of assembly code, congratulations. I wonder how you loaded the .dat file into your tools, like IDA or so.
It is closed source currently, and i don't want to predict its future. What i hoped for is a fully open-sourced custom firmware, in spite of its usage.
The features are wonderful, but its source would be more valuable for anyone want to learn, or anyone wana to fix issues.
Why i hate NTR - closed source - even it is developed by a good guy in the same country. Only its client is, so other can only fix issues that only related to its client.
PS:Oh no more open-source/close-source debate.. I'm sorry for that. Still i prefer a fully open-sourced one to a partial closed one.

The reason why NTR is closed source is because it's anti-piracy.
Open source would enable piracy by disabling sig checks in the code.

Reactions: Syphurith
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)