rxtool boots, but emunand shutdown

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by dekece, Dec 7, 2015.

1. dekece
    OP

dekece Member

Newcomer
    Jan 22, 2014
    Canada
    Hello, I have a 4.5 o3ds with 9.9 emunand. Everything worked fine for months until I let the emunand on sleep. Now it only boots in rxtool, then immediately shutdowns. I tried reinstalling rxtool, to no avail. Emunand is unlinked, but it seems like the sleep part where it shuts off by itself killed it, any suggestions? Pardon the poor formatting, currently on phone.

2. dekece
    OP

dekece Member

Newcomer
    Jan 22, 2014
    Canada
    I tried cakes in the meantime, this seems like a badly shutdown emunand as I gwt exactly the same problem.

3. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Do you have a backup of your emuNAND? If so, reinject it. If not, you might have to reformat emuNAND. But maybe wait to see if someone else has an idea cause it would be a shame to lose all your stuff.

4. dekece
    OP

dekece Member

Newcomer
    Jan 22, 2014
    Canada
    That was ny last resort, I have an old backup from maybe two months ago, I l'll probably try restoring this week and hope my saves that were not in the backup works. Well its just weird the emunand died on me, may be an uncommon bug, who knows.

5. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    If you have a spare SD card, put it in that just in case someone has an idea about how to recover your current one in the near future

6. Tony_93

Tony_93 GBAtemp Addict

Jun 13, 2015
    United States
    California
    Saves are stored in the SD card, so if you just inject an old emunand backup without touching any files in the SD card, they will be there and work as normal.

Any games installed in between those two months won't show up, to fix this you have to put the cias and try to install them again using BBM, it will show an error message but when you press home they'll pop as new games.

Ericjwg, Ammako and Quantumcat like this.
  7. dekece
    OP

dekece Member

Newcomer
    Jan 22, 2014
    Canada
    That's what I though looking at the other emunand injection threads. Restoring the old backup to another card is perfect to see if it's the problem, thanks.

8. Neptune

Neptune GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 7, 2003
    United States
    Internet
    Make sure to backup your games from any games installed in between because after installing and launching the game again it overwrites the save. You need to copy it back. I had to deal with this a few weeks ago.

9. dekece
    OP

dekece Member

Newcomer
    Jan 22, 2014
    Canada
    You mean newly installed cias between two emunand backups overwrites the save? I'll copy everything to an external drive before of course since it's lame to loose stuff, good to know though.

10. kirbymaster101

kirbymaster101 GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 21, 2008
    Canada
    idk if i have the same problem but I tried setting up to coldboot on a new 3ds and it is able to boot emunand for a few seconds but then the screen turns black as if the 3ds got shut off. Happened to both rxtools and cakes. Gateway works fine tho.

11. dekece
    OP

dekece Member

Newcomer
    Jan 22, 2014
    Canada
    Seems to be the same problem, except I use mset. My 3ds do shuts off after a few secs thouhg, remember what you changed to get stuck there?

12. dekece
    OP

dekece Member

Newcomer
    Jan 22, 2014
    Canada
    In the end I restored an old emunand, it worked. Console still see cia in data management, but you can only delete them. Reinstalling the cia makes it work though. Smash save is dead, Ill try to look into it with something to inject saves.

13. dekece
    OP

dekece Member

Newcomer
    Jan 22, 2014
    Canada
    Super easy to save games like smaah,pokemon, acnl, etc. Make a backup, let the game delete the old save, restore backup with svdt. Got back all my smash progress that way. Mii plaza data is likely a gonner as svdt crashes on it, but whatever.

14. reiyu

reiyu Canadian, eh?

Jan 8, 2008
    Canada
    are you using the latest RXTools nightly? try doing that and see if the problem still persists.

15. dekece
    OP

dekece Member

Newcomer
    Jan 22, 2014
    Canada
    Yeas one of this first thing I did was change from 2.6 to nightly, didnt boot at all so I went for the most recent release, didn't fix it. According to official support thread the popping sound was due to a hardware problem, like if a failsafe activated on the emunand or something, really weird.

16. Ripper00420

Ripper00420 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 5, 2013
    United States
    Last edited by Ripper00420, Dec 16, 2015
    leonmagnus99 likes this.
  17. leonmagnus99

leonmagnus99 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 2, 2013
    Seinegald
    does the latest work for you ? og3ds or n3ds?

18. Ripper00420

Nov 5, 2013
    United States
    12\05\2015 works great on N3DS and old I believe. Here is a link to the latest builds.
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/n90srun7o4y1fak/AACukQ9kuKwrIl8ru7rnK3vPa?dl=0

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Do Not Keep Old RxTools Files
    Start fresh and follow the guide i linked and your all good. If you don't install fresh you risk your exact issue.

leonmagnus99 likes this.
  19. leonmagnus99

leonmagnus99 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 2, 2013
    Seinegald
    thanks my friend ! i would like to ask you whether i should keep the firmware bin (from rei folder) that i renamed to some numbers ?or should i replace them again , no need to replace yes? and no need to use the cdn to get a firmware bin or the firm files for rxtools as i use it with the n3ds yep ?

it was hard enough for me to boot it ! as i had many issues with the 10-02 build.. xD so far only the "stable" titled build works for me :)

20. Ripper00420

Nov 5, 2013
    United States
    N3DS you need to keep the 0004013820000002.bin and I think the 0004013820000002_cetk.bin in the firm folder inside the rxtools folder, but i assure you the latest works stable as well.

Last edited by Ripper00420, Dec 16, 2015
    leonmagnus99 likes this.