Running Smash mods offline without loadiine?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Homebrew' started by QThatOneGuy, Jun 18, 2017.

1. QThatOneGuy
    OP

QThatOneGuy Member

Newcomer
    Jun 4, 2016
    United States
    So I recently stumbled upon this video:

I noticed that after firing up Haxchi he went to SDCaffiine and his mods booted up perfectly. I attempted the same thing and my mods never loaded up. I there any special requirements to achieve the same results such as a directory or extra app? Thee isnt really anny specifications on the video.

2. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Guru

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Well you do need to run sdcaffine or whatever is called. With that kernel exploit that allows it. Then set up the directory on the sd card to mirror the same as the install data on the system/HDD and it should work from what i know, there should be video/written tutorials here.

3. RyanAnayaMc

RyanAnayaMc GBAtemp Regular

Oct 5, 2015
    United States
    Before, when you used Loadiine's SDCafiine (or whatever browser exploit) you had your mods in SD:/[title ID]/ but now with Haxchi you'll be using a HBL version of SDCafiine. For that, just move your mods into SD:/sdcafiine/[title ID]/content and everything should work fine. If not, boot up an SD Access fork of Mocha before SDCafiine (although you might not need it for Smash).

4. QThatOneGuy
    OP

QThatOneGuy Member

Newcomer
    Jun 4, 2016
    United States
    Will I still be able to build off of it using SmashExplorer if I move it?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Will I still be able to build off of it using SmashExplorer if I move it?

5. RyanAnayaMc

RyanAnayaMc GBAtemp Regular

Oct 5, 2015
    United States
    I haven't personally used SmashExplorer, but I think it has its own workspace or something separate from the exported modpack. In short, the modpack you have on your SD card is not what is used by SmashExplorer, instead it uses whatever is in that workspace. Like I said, I haven't used SmashExplorer, so I'm not sure about this. If I'm wrong, someone please correct me.

Last edited by RyanAnayaMc, Jun 19, 2017
  6. QThatOneGuy
    OP

QThatOneGuy Member

Newcomer
    Jun 4, 2016
    United States
    It's ok, I figured out how to make it work out for me. Thanks anyway though!