nvrslep303

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got an Acekard 2i and a Samsung 2gb MicroSDHC

I try to play games on it and on some of them the sound distorts and the game slows down. I had my friend help me out trying to figure out what the problem was.

I put MY MicroSD in his Acekard, didn't work.

I put his MicroSD in MY Acekard, it worked. ( same games )

We have the same type of everything, you would think the SD card is messed up right? I got another one and it still does the same thing. How can 2 of the same type of MicroSD cards ( one of which works perfectly for my friend ) be slow and buggy for me?

I'm running out of ideas on what to do to fix this, if anybody has any ideas?

tijntje_7

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Reformat microSD...
Ehh...
You might have been a bit unlucky with your microSD's, check if it's clean, if not... Do the obvious thing
tongue.gif

No more ideas, but I'm sure temp can help you ^^

bason230

Trophies
XP
Country
Maybe you could format the SD Card first before putting games on it. Than, only add small packs of games first so it doesn't overheat.
Or, replace your Acekard 2i

nvrslep303

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did reformat them, both of them... no luck. I have no clue. I just don't want to spend any more money "testing" for the problem.. if you know what i mean

nvrslep303

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bason230 said:
Maybe you could format the SD Card first before putting games on it. Than, only add small packs of games first so it doesn't overheat.

Ahh. I only put the one game on to test it and it still gave me trouble. My friend's microSD works just fine on my Acekard and its chockfull of games.

tijntje_7

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
bason230 said:

How could it be his ak2i?
If his friends's microSD works perfectly :/

Maybe you should try some different games, or different roms of that game...
I don't know ;_;

Edit: Are you sure you both got the same microSD cards?
It could be an outdated SD? (if those even exist...) But I doubt that
frown.gif

nvrslep303

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tijntje_7 said:
bason230 said:

How could it be his ak2i?
If his friends's microSD works perfectly :/

Maybe you should try some different games, or different roms of that game...
I don't know ;_;

i've tried getting different roms of the same game. nothin'. >_<

I'd get anooooooooother different high class SD card, but if its not a surefire way to fix it, i don't want to shell out more money on it

Edit: We bought our ak2i's at the same time

urashimakun890

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you guys were using the same micro sd cards with the same games and his sd works on your ak2i why not just ask him to switch sd cards?
There's no difference so you friend should accept right?

nvrslep303

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
urashimakun890 said:
If you guys were using the same micro sd cards with the same games and his sd works on your ak2i why not just ask him to switch sd cards?
There's no difference so you friend should accept right?

if he uses my MicroSd on his acekard, it would do the same thing

QUOTE(Bri @ Aug 13 2010, 07:47 AM) Did you use the Panasonic formatter to reformat it?

-Bri

I hae not, i used SD Formatter and just right clicking and choosing "Format.." on Win7, neither worked

nvrslep303

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nathanokane said:
you should make sure the contacts on the acekard are clean and same for the sd card + you should make sure ds card slot on ds is not dirty.

I used my DS and my acekard with my friend's MicroSd and it ran fine. I opened up a brand new microsd, put 1 game on it, and it still doesn't work right.

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Pingouin7 said:
Hakoda said:
Format with Gparted.
No.
Panasonic Formatter.
Well guess what? He tried that and it didn't work. GParted is usually only used to when soft-reset causes settings to be reset but it can also be used to format as well when all else has failed. To get GParted working, burn it to a CD (or copy it to a USB using their instructions to boot via USB) and reboot your system and boot from CD (or USB). Follow the procedures and answer all the questions. Once your on the Desktop a partition manager should show up. At the top right of that window you'll see a drop down menu for all connected devices, find your MicroSD. Format the partition to FAT or FAT32 depending on the card. (if you remember what the Panasonic/SD Formatter set it to, use that one). Press apply and reboot and copy AKAIO files back on.

nvrslep303

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hakoda said:
Pingouin7 said:
Hakoda said:
Format with Gparted.
No.
Panasonic Formatter.
Well guess what? He tried that and it didn't work. GParted is usually only used to when soft-reset causes settings to be reset but it can also be used to format as well when all else has fauled,

'cept i don't know how to get it to work lol

Edit: righty, lemme try

JonthanD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nvrslep303 said:
Hakoda said:
Pingouin7 said:
Hakoda said:
Format with Gparted.
No.
Panasonic Formatter.
Well guess what? He tried that and it didn't work. GParted is usually only used to when soft-reset causes settings to be reset but it can also be used to format as well when all else has fauled,

'cept i don't know how to get it to work lol

Edit: righty, lemme try

You might try puppy linux 5.0 it comes with gparted and is pretty easy to use. Runs off the CD so nothing to install
smile.gif

Typing this on a laptop with it running in 256MB's of RAM its nice. Now my main PC runs Win7 and I love it!!!

Anyway good luck with gparted and your SD card!!!

PS Dont throw it away... I had a 2GB card I swore was dead left it on my desk for like a month and one day tried it again as a last chance before dumpster time.. it worked to my amazement. Still cannot figure out why it decided to come back to life.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night