Hacking Running NTSC Wii at PAL60

  • Thread starter Thread starter kikuchiyo
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 3,496
  • Replies Replies 1

kikuchiyo

大阪に生まれた男
Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2004
Messages
688
Reaction score
17
Trophies
2
Age
42
Location
USA
Website
coin-battle.com
XP
482
Country
United States
I've got my Wii hooked up to a Sony PVM right now via Component to BNC cables. However, I've got a BNC to SCART hook up with my other consoles and would prefer to not have to unhook the BNC cables every time I want to play Wii.

I know NTSC Wiis don't output RGB by default, but you can use AnyRegion HomeBrew to change the display mode to PAL60, which will let me use a SCART cable.

However, I also know it's possible to brick the Wii using Any Region. I'm also not sure if my NTSC games will display correctly if the Wii is set to PAL60.

Has anyone done this? Any advice?

Thanks in advance!
 
I believe some USB loaders can play games off of the disc or VC/WiiWare (if that's what you're doing). Every USB loader has an option to force the output display to whatever you want, so you can use that instead.
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted