Runescape :3

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by BouncyAssassin, Feb 5, 2011.

Feb 5, 2011

Runescape :3 by BouncyAssassin at 9:05 AM (988 Views / 0 Likes) 14 replies

1. BouncyAssassin
    OP

Newcomer BouncyAssassin Member

United Kingdom
    So, any of you guys play RuneScape on here, it's getting kinda lonely.. [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Maplemage

Member Maplemage ಠ_ಠ

Antarctica
    There is a certain temper that plays Runescape, but I dont play it anymore. (And you cannot have my account =P)

3. Depravo

Global Moderator Depravo Jaded curmudgeon

United Kingdom
    I haven't played it since Monday as a protest.

4. Maplemage

Member Maplemage ಠ_ಠ

Antarctica
  5. BouncyAssassin
    OP

Newcomer BouncyAssassin Member

United Kingdom
    Okay thanks, not a very RS community then haha, and no I did not want your account [​IMG]

6. ShadowSoldier

Member ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    There's a thread somewhere already created. I think it's in the Computer section, could be wrong. But I definitely know there's a thread for Runescape already.

7. Hells Malice

Member Hells Malice Are you a bully?

Canada
    you're protesting runescape not sucking as much anymore?
    That's a little odd.

8. Zetta_x

Member Zetta_x The Insane Statistician

United States
    I have superheated about 15k adamantite ore in the last week. Raising my magic to 96 and smithing to 86 [​IMG]

9. Fear Zoa

Member Fear Zoa This... This is the world we live in

United States
    But its fun again? .......I honestly just wanted free trade back

10. Depravo

Global Moderator Depravo Jaded curmudgeon

United Kingdom
    For 'free' trade read unfair trade - everyone is going to try and scam you whether buying or selling. Sure it can be avoided with a bit of caution and common sense but it will be wearying to have someone attempt to rip you off every time you wish to trade. Additionally, it makes account stealing/hacking profitable again. Also, Pking sucks. PvP is fine if it's with consent but wilderness PKing is the videogame equivalent of mugging. 'If you can't beat them, join them' doesn't apply in this case as I wouldn't sink to their level.

I've been playing since 2004 and the overall atmosphere of the game improved and the maturity of players seemed to increase dramatically after the removal of unfair trade and wilderness PKing. Still, you can't blame Jagex for catering to the lowest common denominator because they are, after all, in the vast majority. Who needs integrity when you can have profit?

As I mentioned in another thread, as soon as I get a decent computer (instead of this six year old, integrated graphics glorified abacus) I'm in the market for a new MMORPG. I'll probably pop in and out of RuneScape for quests and stuff until then but my heart won't really be in it.

EDIT: Bollocks! Just realised I spent my 3000th post chuntering on like a miserable old git. [​IMG]

11. Hells Malice

Member Hells Malice Are you a bully?

Canada
    Knowing prices is fairly simple. The economy wasn't pure scammers and rip-off artists before free trade was removed, and it isn't after it was brought back either.
    Account stealing and hacking was ALWAYS profitable. RWT never slowed down because of removing free trade, it just pissed every normal player off.
    Wilderness should never have been removed because wussy little PvE'rs now just whine about it. Wilderness is supposed to be dangerous and full of awesome stuff, and it is. Revenants were a complete joke. The wildy was just opened up to noobs by making it safe.

I've been playing since around 2002. I quit mostly playing about 3 months after RS2 was released because most of what made the game fun had died.
    The maturity of RS has never, and will never be good. If you want to delude yourself into thinking it improved, go for it. But you're wrong.

What free trade brings back is merchanting. You can now do things like buying bulk for cheap again. You couldn't reasonably buy bulk for cheap with trade limits. Not to mention the prices were in the automated hands of the GE. Not terrible, but annoying. It was easy for clans to warp prices as they pleased. You think that was a fairer system?
    Runescape will likely see many things lower in price because people can now easily be more competitive in their sales.
    Thanks to the GE, you can get a general idea what an item is worth so please don't bitch about people getting 'ripped off'. If you get ripped off, you're a moron for not checking what you're buying.

Scamming existed pretty much exclusively with lower level players. Most people past level 20 have the common sense to know when they're being scammed, so trade-limit or not it still happened quite a bit.

Oh and giving gifts and trading to alternate accounts is nice. Having to train a pures woodcutting/fishing/etc so it can earn its own living was ridiculous. I'd rather transfer over some of my amassed wealth from my main and save myself the bother.

EDIT:
    and might I remind you the entire purpose of removing free trade was to combat RWT.
    It failed miserably. Jagex finally reversed their flawed decision. It's about damn time.
    Wildy was just a casualty since it couldn't exist in its original state without making removing free trade pointless (since RWT'rs could just die to people in the wildy instead of trading).

12. Dangy

Member Dangy Twisting Your Mind & Smashing Your Dreams

United States
    I just members for the first time. Talk about intimidating. I have no idea what to do first.

13. Vigilante

Member Vigilante TempLurker

Philippines
    Well me I have about 800k and lv 50

14. NeSchn

Member NeSchn GBAPimpdaddy.

United States
    I used to play all the time. I had a lvl 91 with 99 Firemaking and like 25mil. I quit I wanna say close to two years ago now. But I still have a couple shitty accounts that I go on every now and then just to fuck around on. I do enjoy that free trade is back since I used to merch all the time. But I don't have members nor do I want to pay for members anymore so I just gotta let it go.

15. Sarvesh50

Member Sarvesh50 Aye!

Netherlands
    Became happy about the return off a lot features so i became a member...
    And now its just waste of my money....