Rune Factory 4 Special lands on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC this December

header (3).jpg

Ever since its original release on the Nintendo 3DS, and up to its updated re-release on the Switch, Rune Factory 4 has been exclusive to Nintendo systems. This December, that's all changing, as XSEED and Marvelous will be bringing the game to a new set of platforms. Rune Factory 4 Special will release on PlayStation 4, Steam/PC, and Xbox One, with its locked-in release date set for December 7th. It'll be priced at $29.99 and comes with the Another Episode DLC bundled in for free. If you haven't yet had the chance to play Rune Factory 4 Special, you can see our editorial team's thoughts on the game, in our GBAtemp Recommends article.

:arrow:Source

bluedart

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just recently did the Vishnal Challenge and used the OoB glitch for shenanigans on the switch version. These two games somehow have the most playtime of anything on my switch.

Here's hoping the PC version gets some weird mods that make it a new experience.

Also, I just noticed that they changed the font from the one used in RF4S, and the buttons are, obviously, different icons as well. I really wonder why they changed the font. Huh.

Reactions: Chary

Chary

Never sleeps
OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
I never went past the 1st post credit part on the 3ds, is it worth it?
I'd say 100% yes, but only if you enjoy the story or the mechanics of leveling up all your gear and stats and feeling like a total boss when walking into the final area. I found the gameplay loop to be incredibly satisfying, but it depends on how much you liked the first part of the game.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This game is so good that it'll make all other farming sim games total trash by comparison.
This. As much as I liked Stardew Valley and all, it was just lacking ... something. Not sure what exactly. Just something in the design feels better with RF (especially 4) than any games after it.

Wish I had known there were other ports coming, I wouldn't have had to buy it on Switch. I guess the portability is nice. Maybe the PC version will have mods.

Reactions: Chary

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I much preferred Rune Factory essentially bring a Nintendo-exlusive franchise (Tides of Destiny not withstanding), so I'm a little sad to see the series branch out more and more lately. Hopefully 5 stays Switch exclusive at least for some time.

Vipertongn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope someone will create a homebrew to convert Switch save files to PC, because I'm not starting a new game
dude i'm on the same wavelength as you, I've already went from scratch plenty. Played it on the 3ds a couple times with ng+, then started over for switch, I want to just transfer the switch save to the pc so I can play it with another new game plus. Lol, I love the game but starting over is a killer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: And K3Nv2 likes Hoe Milk :tpi::tpi::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2: