Gaming Rune Factory 2 Problem

Moredeathex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if it's me or my flashcart, but I can't get the skill experience modifier codes to work on Rune Factory 2. It says "Hold Up = More experience (go forward levels)", but when I do that in-game, nothing happens. Any ideas?

Edit: Forgot to mention, I'm using R4DS v1.18.

Cowgirl_Luna

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
ndsfans.de.vu
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Sorry, I don't know the Solution for your Problem.
ohmy.gif

I have a Rune Factory 2 problem too, so I thought I could place it in your topic instead of opening another one.
shy.gif

I have a Cyclo Evolution and my friend a TopToy DS. On both cards I have the same Problem, I can't save. Everytime I tried it yet I got the d**n sentence "Save Corrupted - Data erased".
It happens without using the (I name it) checksum code und also if I use this checksum code.
Has anybody an idea how I could get this game to work? I had been in generation 2 so it makes me very unhappy thats now broken.
cry.gif

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
edit: I had a lookup in my code-editor and I think it should be a single item.

Hold Up = More experience (go forward levels),
Hold Down = Less experience (go back levels),
It is possible to go from 1 to 99 by going down.

If you try to change more than one skill I think it could cause problems. I used the "all skill 99" code to get all skills maxed.

iban88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i got the save corrupt with a few of the cheats but these i know dont corrupt data
save bypass
max money
max lumber
1st gen , max love (although this one doesnt fully work only julia and mana have full 10 hearts the rest dont

iban88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
o i didnt see that you said that XD
well i have no idea whats wrong. i thought the cheats were what cause the issue.

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
It would be better you start a new game with cheats and make sure the checksum code is never OFF~!

iban88,
are you using cycloDS? as far as i remember cycloDS was having issues with some of the cheat codes like inf water, health and etc
smile.gif
~!

Cowgirl_Luna

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
ndsfans.de.vu
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Nevertheless thanks for trying to help iban88.
blush.gif

Elixirdream, i'll get it a last try. The 15th if I counted right.
cry.gif

edit:
Checksum code was on and it chrashed another time after saving... Seems that this game hates me. Now I have enough. If it won't be played, ok. I'll accept it now.
hate2.gif

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
as far as i recall it worked well on my DSTT
smile.gif

i could save and could use the codes! during that time we don't even have any checksum code
frown.gif

however, i only used the item pack, inf health, water, skills and some not so complicated codes
tongue.gif

would your SD CARD full? try download another copy of the game? format your SD

iban88,
IC
smile.gif

Cowgirl_Luna

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
ndsfans.de.vu
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Elixirdream it's nice that you take your time and try to help me. But I said it before, I tried with 2 different roms (from different places) and 2 different cards. In the first one (cyclo) is a 8 GB card - half full and in the other one (dstt) is a 4 GB card 1/4 full. So the topic that there is not enough space is a thing that's not possible. And with other games I didn't had a problem yet.
Quit joking... For me it isn't funny. And if you play with some codes, why can't I play with only one - the checksum thing???

Furthermore I don't feel to do it anothertime today. Don't bother... I've given it up that I could reach the end of this game. Nevertheless thanks for your effort. *hug*
shy.gif

Moredeathex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cowgirl_Luna said:
I had a lookup in my code-editor and I think it should be a single item.

Hold Up = More experience (go forward levels),
Hold Down = Less experience (go back levels),
It is possible to go from 1 to 99 by going down.

If you try to change more than one skill I think it could cause problems. I used the "all skill 99" code to get all skills maxed.

I tried turning on one code at a time, and it still doesn't work. I think the problem may be when I'm supposed to hold up. I tried doing it when doing nothing, on the menu, and while performing an action related to the skill I'm trying to raise. The reason I'm going through this trouble is because I want to max out all the skills except the crafting ones.

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
Cowgirl_Luna said:
Elixirdream it's nice that you take your time and try to help me. But I said it before, I tried with 2 different roms (from different places) and 2 different cards. In the first one (cyclo) is a 8 GB card - half full and in the other one (dstt) is a 4 GB card 1/4 full. So the topic that there is not enough space is a thing that's not possible. And with other games I didn't had a problem yet.
Quit joking... For me it isn't funny. And if you play with some codes, why can't I play with only one - the checksum thing???

Furthermore I don't feel to do it anothertime today. Don't bother... I've given it up that I could reach the end of this game. Nevertheless thanks for your effort. *hug*
shy.gif

Like i said earlier on~! cyclo surely did had a hard time on the codes~! Curley was the one reported that to me!
i didn't make all the rune factory 2 codes but i did made some of them and it was tested on my DSTT (without any checksum code)
Since, SD card being full was not an issue...game was not an issue...it could be I DONT KNOW WHAT

you know what was the funny part ! 2 days ago someone was asking me how come cheats for dark spire doesn't work on his DSTT
same codes.. same database it was working fine on my 1.17

weird huh!? nevermind i will redownload the game and make a random check!

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
EDIT: another double post
frown.gif

ok just got the game work on my DSTT
clean rom
no previous save
no previous .arp
Code:
codes activated:-
RP Never Decrease
Water Never Decrease
Max/Infinite Lumber
All Skills Level 99
Level 99 Max Exp
HP 999/999
Vitality and Defense 99
Strength and Attack99
Magic Attack 100, Magic Def 38.....
NO FREEZES! SAVE IS GOOD ABLE TO RESTART! CHECKSUM CODE WAS NOT ACTIVATED

Code:
RP Never Decrease
Water Never Decrease
Max/Infinite Lumber
All Skills Level 99
Level 99 Max Exp
HP 999/999
Vitality and Defense 99
Strength and Attack99
Magic Attack 100, Magic Def 38.....
+ 
infinite rune points
instant farming skill up
backpack item are level 10
hoe:instant max charge
Time never increase 
chapter 1 friendship max
chapter 1 love max
plot items
equipped item
backpack items become level 10
Decided to give it a 2nd try! play a short while activated the cheats~!

Third try all codes deactivated only activate exp modifier code - weapon
However, the exp modifier code seem to have any effect on my DSTT

Fourth try... after deactivating the codes i make a save and restart, everything seems to be FINE
smile.gif

Moredeathex,
the better solution would be learning how to make/edit those codes and customise your own cheat database just to maximise all non-crafting skills
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=116242
or
unless someone out here who is nice willing to help you
smile.gif

Cowgirl_Luna

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
ndsfans.de.vu
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Tried it with no$gba and there it also won't work. I think its the rom that causes the problem. But if it's so... Why both that I have cause the same problem?!? I've no idea any more.
wacko.gif

Lucky you
blush.gif

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
wait a minute? no$gba also doesn't work? you can't generate save via no$gba? did you set the NDS CATRIDGE BACKUP MEDIA as AUTO?

by the way you are talking about the one and only rune factory 2 (U) right? hmmmmm it sure is weird

anyway check your PM
smile.gif
i will send you my firmware as well~! it is 1.17 however use at your own risk (just incase you got a fake DSTT) which i doubt so
tongue.gif

Cowgirl_Luna

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
ndsfans.de.vu
XP
Country
Gambia, The
elixirdream said:
wait a minute? no$gba also doesn't work? you can't generate save via no$gba? did you set the NDS CATRIDGE BACKUP MEDIA as AUTO?

I gave it only a try to check if it's perhaps the rom. Yep, it's Auto...

by the way you are talking about the one and only rune factory 2 (U) right? hmmmmm it sure is weird

Yep, i'm talking about Rune Factory 2. The first one I have as EU version and I'm through. So I wanted to play the next one.

anyway check your PM
smile.gif
i will send you my firmware as well~! it is 1.17 however use at your own risk (just incase you got a fake DSTT) which i doubt so
tongue.gif

thx a lot *hug*
blush.gif
I've tested if I have a fake and the program said it's "good". Furthermore it is the "new"DSTT with the slot at the right side.

have replaced the old 1.17 through yours. seems to work now. Hope it stays working.
wub.gif
thx
wub.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.