Hacking Question Run sx os along side atmosphere?

Th3one

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello every one and sorry if this has been ask before. But I been looking around and looking I found a thread here but it's starting with sx os already install then install atmosphere after that. The problem is that I bought a sx os code to make the os work. But it took weeks for them to take the payment and send the code. Then yesturday I decide to start installing atmosphere to be able to hack my switch in the mean time. Then today I got the code for sx os. My questions is is there a way to install sx os usi g emunand along side atmosphere.

I have the latest version of atmosphere install and i have it as emunand.

How can I accomplish this or do I have to start all over and start with sx os then install atmosphere?

RednaxelaNnamtra

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I think it depends on the type of emunand you use, but I'm not completely sure about that, since I don't use the emunand.
Also custom system modules will not be loadable in sxos.
Besides that it's just loading one or the other on boot. You can also change between them from within the homebrew launcher, with the reboot to payload homebrew.

Th3one

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it depends on the type of emunand you use, but I'm not completely sure about that, since I don't use the emunand.
Also custom system modules will not be loadable in sxos.
Besides that it's just loading one or the other on boot. You can also change between them from within the homebrew launcher, with the reboot to payload homebrew.
Thanks for the reply I used the tegra explorer payload to format my sd card then create the partition for emu on the sd card then from there used the atmosphere to install the cfw to the emu. And yes I'll like to be able to choose to boot to eather one when booting up and using eather payload. Oh yea it was a emu partition not a file.

Last edited by Th3one,

Th3one

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Soo fun fact sys modules can be loading in sxos. Im currently using some like ReverseNX and sysDVR just to name two of them.
Thank you I'll have a look at that.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

As far as I know you have to switch from one to the other. There's a guide how to set it up here, you can do it through homebrew menu without sending payloads as long as obviously you sent the first payload to get to one or the other.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...-or-atmosphere-sx-os-without-payloads.549874/
Thank you and yes i meant to have them both install in the same memory card. I'll check that link out thanks for the link

virusburger101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, will they work normally like in atmosphere now, or is it still the rebuild the .Dat way?

For the most part they work, sxos seems to have a little more overhead then Atmosphere so some of the sys modules tend to not like running alongside other things, for example, emuiibo tends to crash the switch from what I have seen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: ok