Hacking Run Gamecube backups from USB Gecko or SD Gecko?

hankarlo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all,
Is it possible to run gamecube backups from either a USB Gecko or SD Gecko on my Gamecube? If not, whats needed to get them to run? Or is it possible to run them on Wii? Ive read on another forum that I need an original Action Replay disc for it to work on Gamecube but then I read I need a program called usb-boot. I'd really appreciate if any off you guys can give some solid info regarding the above. Thanx for reading.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
USB-Boot allows you to play backups via usb gecko and a connected PC. SD-Boot allows to play them from sd card. And Swiss is the successor of SD-Boot, and loads the backups from sd card or DVD-Rs(only on gamecubes). Running Swiss on a Wii is easier in my eyes than running it on a gamecube, but it's written and tested only for actual gamecubes. To run it on a Wii, google "Wii Swiss Booter", and install the required cMIOS.

But on how to run it on a gamecube, i don't know, i guess using an original Action Replay disc is only one way and there are others.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Do you know if there are any plans to adapt Swiss to work on a USB Gecko? I imagine it would be just as slow as using USB-Boot since you still wouldn't have USB2.0, but it is interesting.

It was planned, but emu_kidid didn't have time yet to implement it. And since it would still require a PC and as slow or slower than reading from sd card, i don't really care anyways.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Do you know if there are any plans to adapt Swiss to work on a USB Gecko? I imagine it would be just as slow as using USB-Boot since you still wouldn't have USB2.0, but it is interesting.

It was planned, but emu_kidid didn't have time yet to implement it. And since it would still require a PC and as slow or slower than reading from sd card, i don't really care anyways.
Why would it require a PC? I don't know how Swiss works, so forgive my ignorance on the matter.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It would require a PC because USB Gecko isn't a USB host device, it's a slave device. You need a host device to be connected to it to make use of it i.e. a PC.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: see ya