[RUMOR] Valve + Ouya = Partnership?

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The hardware in the OUYA is already outdated even before it has been released, my phone is more powerful.. I really don't see this being true
While I don't personally see an Ouya as a tempting offer or apparatus, you have to take into account that your phone runs on a limited power supply. The Ouya can get max power from the hardware, while most phones have to be limited in one way or the other to conserve the battery.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
While I don't personally see an Ouya as a tempting offer or apparatus, you have to take into account that your phone runs on a limited power supply. The Ouya can get max power from the hardware, while most phones have to be limited in one way or the other to conserve the battery.
Battery isn't the issue - you can set pretty much every smartphone out there to completely ignore power saving measures and use their full power. It doesn't change things dramatically in most cases (5 fps increases).

What they can do that a smartphone can't is place a damn nice heatsink on the SoC and clock it 500MHz higher than the smartphone counterparts.

Which again, won't give more than a 10fps increase.

That said, the Ouya is DOOOOOOOMED.

Rizsparky

Saiyan Prince
Trophies
XP
Country
I've overclocked my device into performance mode, so it is at max power. I can easily buy a dual core tablet and have it connected to the mains and with a HDMI cable, I can even connect a Dualshock 3 to get the same experience for considerably less.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I've overclocked my device into performance mode, so it is at max power. I can easily buy a dual core tablet and have it connected to the mains and with a HDMI cable, I can even connect a Dualshock 3 to get the same experience for considerably less.
I don't think a tablet/smartphone with those specs plus a Dualshock 3 cost less than the Ouya.

Rizsparky

Saiyan Prince
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't think a tablet/smartphone with those specs plus a Dualshock 3 cost less than the Ouya.
The market is flooded with cheap android tablets, I can pick up a dual core for £75, and most of us will have a controller hanging around, it wont even need to be bluetooth if you have an OTG cable and it will have a touch screen with some level of portability.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
The market is flooded with cheap android tablets, I can pick up a dual core for £75, and most of us will have a controller hanging around, it wont even need to be bluetooth if you have an OTG cable and it will have a touch screen with some level of portability.
£75 is already more than $100, and the Ouya is quad core.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @K3Nv2, try SanDisk format tool?