(RUMOR) Street Fighter VS....

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by shito, Jun 7, 2010.

Jun 7, 2010

(RUMOR) Street Fighter VS.... by shito at 2:13 PM (1,272 Views / 0 Likes) 13 replies

1. shito
    OP

Member shito GBAtemp Fan

Brazil
    source
    next:
    Warning: Spoilers inside!
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

2. Delta517

Member Delta517 Its okay...Im a ninja ;)

Norway
    I hope it's true! [​IMG]

3. masenko

Newcomer masenko Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    Mybe, doesnt make sence to me with marvel vs capcom 3 on the way

4. VashTS

Member VashTS Beat it, son

United States
    if they revert back to tekken 3 style and keep the same sf4 style it would work great.

5. Rosales

Newcomer Rosales Advanced Member

United States
    Well, with Capcom working on MvC3, I'm pretty sure if this is real, that Namco-Bandai would be working on the game. Don't forget who made the SvC games. Also remember who made NxC (Probably the reason it never got ported, Nacmo is often douchebags about localizing, because obviously they are afraid of making more money)

6. AzuraSky

Newcomer AzuraSky Member

Australia
    I personally can't see how this could work tekken = 3D, street fighter = 2D. Don't get me wrong i'd love if this was true but i just think if they rid tekken of 3D there getting rid of a vital element of the game, the sidestep. If anything i think they'd bring street fighting into 3D though it could be abit haxed tekken has no Hadoukens xD!

7. OmerMe

Member OmerMe GBAtemp Fan

Israel
    Yeah, that's just weird.
    SF characters would hug the wall and spam projectiles while the Tekken characters would just hug the opposite wall and block. [​IMG]

8. KingVamp

Member KingVamp Great... AETHER!

United States
    bout time !!! if it true [​IMG]

9. Windaga

Member Windaga GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I don't think the projectile thing will be a problem, at all. Alex and Zangief both lack projectiles, yet they fight just fine.

Namco didn't make Namco x Capcom - Monolith Soft did, and Nintendo now owns Monolith Soft. (Namco simply Published it) So, unless the game is going to be for the Wii, Monolith Soft won't be doing it. Capcom and Namco disagreed on the money process for translating and bringing the game to the west, and because they own the properties, the game didn't go anywhere.

10. kosheh

Member kosheh GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Yeah, but their attacks consist mostly of grapples that do high damage to their opponent.
    The biggest problem with this though is that very few of the Tekken fighters' move arsenals (combined) have long-range attacks...and only one has a fireball. If they were to make a Tekken/SF crossover they'd have to make the Tekken characters' movesets ridiculous or SF characters' movesets scaled down (making all fireballs like supers or every tekken character having a super). Either way the series will feel like it's taking a major step back.
    Now, on the other hand if they made a proper Namco vs. Capcom title the features characters across their franchises with Namco characters like KOS-MOS, Klonoa, and only a few Tekken characters, then I don't think there would be many problems.

But Tekken VS. Street Fighter? Really?

11. Overlord Nadrian

Banned Overlord Nadrian Banned

Belgium
    Hopefully it'll have the Street Fighter gameplay, because I just hate Tekken gameplay...

12. syko5150

Member syko5150 GBAtemp Syko!

United States
    ill have to pass on this if its true...i'm a big fan of Street Fighter but i cant stand Tekken i find it really boring

13. Windaga

Member Windaga GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    KOS-MOS isn't a Namco character either - she's a Monolith Soft Character, making her a Nintendo character. Which is awesome. Here's hoping she's in the next Super Smash Bros.

And yeah, I realize that the characters from either series would be at risk. However, with clever use of tech advances, I think that those obstacles wouldn't be too hard to overcome. Look at Cammy - she could easily be a Tekken character, as could a lot of SSF4's roster. If anything, I'd think that they'd just give a few characters from the Tekken series long range attacks, or just keep most, if not all of the projectile's out of the game. (With the exception of Ryu, and probably give Jin or his pops some kind of flame move)

Ryu, Akuma, Ken, Dhalsim, Sagat, Guile and Gouken are the only characters with prominent projectiles. Chun-li has one, but it could be made extreme close range, like in other incarnations. Rose has her spirit ball and Sakura has a hadouken as well, but changing the formers to a close range and the latter's to a throw or anti-air move would keep both the integrity of the fighters themselves and the flow of gameplay. Everyone else should be fine. A possible roster could be

15 Tekken Characters

Ryu
    Chun Li
    Juri
    E Honda
    Dudley
    Yun/Yang
    Karin
    Cammy
    T.Hawk
    Zangief
    Q
    C. Viper
    Vega
    Guy
    Makoto

That seems fair enough to me. Only Ryu and Chun Li have prominent projectiles, and with a proper blocking/teching system, those could be over come. E Honda's headbutt could be nerfed a little, and some of C. Vipers moves might have to be modified, but those characters could be placed on fair ground with Tekken characters without breaking play.

14. Range-TE

Member Range-TE GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Indonesia
    cool, makes more sense than Capcom vs. Tatsunoko.
    and this makes as much sense as TvC; Capcom vs Super Smash Bros.

hey, a guy can hope for somethin