• Thread starter Deleted_171835
  • Start date
  • Views 3,212
  • Replies 24
D

Deleted_171835

OP
182294-RedSonic.jpg
I'm jealous of Jim Sterling for many reasons. He's funnier, better looking, and more British than I am (at least, most of the time.) He also is usually first to claim all of the Sonic Colors news. Luckily for me, I managed to snag this story before he saw it. Eat it my dust, Sterling.

I'm pretty psyched for Sonic Colors. Adding stuff that the Sonic series has long needed (like power-ups) while sticking to what Sonic does best (2D speed-scapes) is a smart move on Sega's part. It would be even smarter to throw some local co-op into the mix. If Sega is hoping to tap into the +14 million Wii owners who bought New Super Mario Bros. Wii, that's the way to do it.

We haven't go anything but these screens (spotted on Amazon.com) to go on, but that sure looks like some Tails-free Sonic co-op to me. What do you think? Does this rumor sway you either way on Sonic Colors?
[/p]
icon11.gif
Source

Interesting.

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
Neatness, if it's true. I'm hoping Sonic Colors will be moderately tolerable.

The question is, why is there a red, generic Sonic clone shown in the screenshot? You'd think the way Sega loves to add fifty new characters with every new Sonic game, they'd include one of them as the secondary player or something.

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think they wanted to create a co-op character with the exact same attributes as sonic as the level design would have to be retooled if a character like Tails was used. And they are not using Shadow because everyone hates him.

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
Since I can't believe this rumor due to the fact this website doesn't update regularly on Sonic games. It's clearly a rumor and speculation. Its not going to have 2-player mode, sorry I don't think SEGA can create a decent 2 player Sonic game unless its a revamp of the old ones.

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
Its probably races, like the ones in sonic adventure 2, or maybe 1. I think 2. Anyway, that's all it could be - sonic moves too fast (not to mention in 3d) for non-split-screen co-op without horrendous screen-locking...

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Looks like the DLC from Mirrors Edge, where you went through a parcour with similar kind of shapes instead a real city. Still looks strange and I have no idea how this could work, since it doesn`t seems to be split-screen...

Pazuzu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Looks like an early build to me. I guess they'll put in scenery later.

It's nice that they're doing a similar thing to the Shadow multiplayer and palette-swapping the Sonics. I'm sick of the Sonic Rivals dynamic.

Gnargle

The day I set a profile picture is the day I die
Trophies
XP
Country
Should be using Tails so you can do the old 'pick-up-and-play' thing from Sonic 2 and Sonic 3. Means you don't have t worry about splitscreen, cause Tails always just flies back.

heavyknight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe split screen activates when either player gets off screen? Or maybe this screenshot is 1P vs CPU?
Or something. I'd say maybe they'd have other characters, but having the character models for that, they'd be able to do a lot more with the game. Like Sonic Advance's character select and stages stuff. At least, Sonic Advance 3 style. etc. And people would QQ about that, because ... that's what they always do.
There are a couple of ways the multiplayer would work with more characters, like Sonic 2. Switch capsules!
Sonic 3 was more boring with multiplayer, since it was the same thing, through 5 or so short stages. Really, really short.
Adventure 2 had some decent multiplayer.
Heroes was a bit mixed. Not bad, not good. It was meh.
Rivals' style - it was interesting at first, but the game overall is a bit bland. Wonder what they were thinking with that.
Etc. This better be good.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The picture is gone! It was originally posted at the Japanese amazon-site but now they took the pic off...

Maybe they want to announce the VS.- and/or Co-Op-Mode separately or maybe it really was a work-in-progress picture. Who knows...

original source

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
pitman said:
There is a DS vesion coming out right ?
Then why there are no news/pictures/gameplay videos for that ?

Cuz everyone knows what it's gonna be - more Sonic Rush.

That's great and all, but no hype train is gonna start atootin.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
pitman said:
There is a DS vesion coming out right ?
Then why there are no news/pictures/gameplay videos for that ?
The DS-version was playable at E3 and Gamescom but I think you`re right: It`s strange, that they don`t have an own separate gameplay-trailer for the game...

As far as I know it is basically Sonic Rush without the trick system and enhanced with the following new features: proper homing attack (was already available in Rush but didn`t have the reticle nor was it properly attached in the gameplay), wall-jump and Wisps (which are partly identical to the Wii-version with some exclusive to each system - for example the green one is exclusive to the Wii-version and there is a fire one which I haven`t seen in the Wii-version, which could be exclusive to the DS-version of the game).

Maybe they`ll have a Versus-Mode similar to Sonic 2 in the DS-version. I think that`s more likely to happen rather a Wii-Versus-Mode... Who knows, maybe both will have it. The picture indicates at it at least
wink.gif

heavyknight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JackDeeEss said:
AAAAAAAnd here's the gimmick killing sonic games.
JUST MAKE A NORMAL ONE FOR ONCE
Multiplayer being optional is normal. It's been that way since Sonic 2.
Unless you meant something else.

Range-TE

Trophies
Website
random-arrow.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Indonesia
i'm a little skeptic about the wisp, cause that may count as a gimmick.

but i don't think the DS version will be just another sonic rush, ok it will be, i'm not that naive, but from the way i see it, it's Sonic rush mixed with Sonic Unleash's 2D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning