[RUMOR]Project Cafe to be called "Beem"?

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
beem.jpg
I decided to look at every single registered domain that started with "nintendo". After five minutes of extensive research, I can say with almost 100% certainty that Nintendo's console will be called the Beem.

Just look at the evidence:

NINTENDOBEEM.COM
- Registered on May 24, 2011 through the same company that registered NINTENDOWII.COM and NINTENDO3DS.COM. This was registered nearly a year before any of the next-gen speculation began.

NINTENDOBEEEM.COM
NINTENDOBEAM.COM
- Registered on May 28, 2011 through two differed registrars. This obviously isn't just a coincidence.

NINTENDOBEEMSTORE.COM
NINTENDOBEEMSHOP.COM
NINTENDOBEEMGAMES.COM
- All registered on June 1, 2011.

Also, the domain BEEM.COM was apparently purchased on January 31 for $136,000. Nobody's going to drop that kind of money on a domain name unless they have a vested interest in the name.
http://wii2blog.com/could-beem-be-pr...fes-real-name/

When you look at the evidence, Beem is the only name tha really seems to make sense.[/p]
arrow.gif
Source (NeoGAF)

Edit:
The problem is that Project Beem was the name attached to a submission to a Wii 2 mock-up contest run by IGN last month, a fact the super-gamers at NeoGAF have been sorting out. The person who submitted the Beem, 27-year-old Canberra-based Aaron Carr, has registered NintendoBeemShop.com and NintendoBeemGames.com.

Our take on the name Beem? We're not buying it.[/p]
arrow.gif
Source (Kotaku)

D

Deleted User

What a load of ASS. Can't the internet stop raping the Wii 2 and wait TWO DAYS?

Lube_Skyballer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
mabilouz said:
I hope not though it is a stupid name.

What did you think of the name Wii when you first heard it? You'll have to get used to every name when you first hear of it.
I don't care what a console is called, Nintendo could call it Nintendo clusterf*ck for all I care
tongue.gif

D

Deleted User

Oh, pull the other one.:
"Dooks1111 told me that when he tried to access the site then, he found a logo on it which looks very much like a possible logo for a gaming console, which he then sent me a screenshot of. Here it is:"

Well here's my mockup.
qTbUq.png

Miss Panda

Trophies
XP
Country
Lube_Skyballer said:
mabilouz said:
I hope not though it is a stupid name.

What did you think of the name Wii when you first heard it? You'll have to get used to every name when you first hear of it.
I don't care what a console is called, Nintendo could call it Nintendo clusterf*ck for all I care
tongue.gif
I hated it, still do.
evil.gif
I doubt they care what I think though.
smile.gif

D

Deleted User

Beem me up Nintendo. Sound like Bean. You know.
mr-bean.jpg

On a serious note, can't these internet types wait until e3? Chances are, the people that wrote it'd be called Beem would even be at E3 itself, so why can't they wait 2 damn days?

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
raulpica said:
Omg. Please, please please no
frown.gif

It has to be one of the lamest sounding names ever. Even "Stream" was a lot better
frown.gif

even so, it sounds a lot more likely to be true than 'Stream'. I dunno why, it just sounds Nintendoish.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Wizerzak said:
even so, it sounds a lot more likely to be true than 'Stream'. I dunno why, it just sounds Nintendoish.
Guess you're right. It just sounds strange. At least "Wii" had some meaning behind it ("We"), but what the heck is "Beem" standing for?

QUOTE(30084pm @ Jun 5 2011, 09:05 PM) When was it rumoured to be stream?
http://www.fudzilla.com/home/item/22513-ne...y-dubbed-stream

Rumor went around quite a bit in the last weeks.

Dr.Razor

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I say, why not?
I do recall that the wii name unleashed emotional debate too, doesn't it?
And It wasn't that bad, afterall.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu