machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:
machomuu said:
If it does turn out to be true they better safely increase the volume and battery life and change the overall design, otherwise I'll keep my unsupported 3DS 1.0.
Are you talking about size here? Cause a bigger size would be nice.
No I'm not, that's the job for a revision, though it would be nice.

D

Deleted User

machomuu said:
Amiti said:
I don't understand. How does one ADD a joystick. You can't just add it on.
Exactly, that's why I don't like the idea of an attachment, that's why I say relaunch or bust.
Yeah, not only that, does one really think you can add a joystick like the one on the left side of that size to fit on the right?

Demonstryde

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the right analog stick for fps on nintendo is motion... just like on the wii.... the 3ds should have option for touch screen aiming, motion aiming, and yxba aiming.. no need for an extra analog... i prefer motion, wich is why i bought a 3ds instead of choosing vita.

Satirical

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This is purely a rumour and in my own experience I'm pretty sure this is bullshit. Let me explain..

The 3DS already had a hard time selling before the price drop, do you really think they'd repackage and redistribute the same system with an extra analogue stick and reduced 3D? Nononononono.

Also, $10 for an analogue stick add-on? Well sir, where would you add it? Explain to me please, because there isn't any physical space to put it. And why would you need a second analogue stick? It's bullshit, I guarantee it. Don't be foolish.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Demonstryde said:
the right analog stick for fps on nintendo is motion... just like on the wii.... the 3ds should have option for touch screen aiming, motion aiming, and yxba aiming.. no need for an extra analog... i prefer motion, wich is why i bought a 3ds instead of choosing vita.
Right analog sticks aren't meant for just FPS, in fact, almost every genre uses them. Excuse me for not wanting to use "The Claw" or not wanting to have to use the touchscreen to move the camera.

Ringo619

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i hope its true , i was planing on getting the 3ds but it was a big fail in my view and i hope to get the psp vita if its any good , but a new redesign might make me buy it but i can see a lot of people who have it , being pissed off

Satirical

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ringo619 said:
i hope its true , i was planing on getting the 3ds but it was a big fail in my view and i hope to get the psp vita if its any good , but a new redesign might make me buy it but i can see a lot of people who have it , being pissed off

A big fail? I disagree. Look at how many games are on the horizon, it's insane. And you aren't supposed to just buy every single DS revision, the 3DS appeals to people who still have a DSLite or an older DS and they want something that's upgraded, moreso than the DSi was, thus the 3DS.

And I think it's kind of silly how you say "but a new redesign might make me buy it." You sound like an indifferent sheep who'll just buy something "because it has a cameras and shops and it has more screen sizes and things"

azariaspice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's quite a ridiculous rumor. There have never been two control sticks (spare the C Button stick), there really isn't much need for it.

The "$10 attachment" is where I drew the line. It'd be ridiculous to add another button to a system that's already on the market. Considering the 3DS isn't selling well, why would they invest money in another version of it? Really, common sense would tell you it's a bunch of bullshit.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
azariaspice said:
It's quite a ridiculous rumor. There have never been two control sticks (spare the C Button stick), there really isn't much need for it.

The "$10 attachment" is where I drew the line. It'd be ridiculous to add another button to a system that's already on the market. Considering the 3DS isn't selling well, why would they invest money in another version of it? Really, common sense would tell you it's a bunch of bullshit.
Sometimes you must throw out logic for common sense, and sometimes you must throw out common sense for nonsense.

Stranger things have happened.

deadmaker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Where is this $10 attachable analog supposed to go? In the charger input or the SD card slot? Because AFAIK the 3DS doesn't have any other places to connect stuff.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
deadmaker said:
Where is this $10 attachable analog supposed to go? In the charger input or the SD card slot? Because AFAIK the 3DS doesn't have any other places to connect stuff.
What would be weird and crazy is a analog small enough to fit even when the 3DS is closed, which movement would be detected by the infrared. jk
tongue.gif

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:
deadmaker said:
What would be weird and crazy is a analog small enough to fit even when the 3DS is closed, which movement would be detected by the infrared. jk
tongue.gif

That would be rather amazing, but considering the current analog slider takes the entire depth of the unit at the spot where it is at, having a slider that thin (and also sturdy) would cost much more than $10.

ferret7463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Satirical said:
Ringo619 said:

A big fail? I disagree. Look at how many games are on the horizon, it's insane. And you aren't supposed to just buy every single DS revision, the 3DS appeals to people who still have a DSLite or an older DS and they want something that's upgraded, moreso than the DSi was, thus the 3DS.

And I think it's kind of silly how you say "but a new redesign might make me buy it." You sound like an indifferent sheep who'll just buy something "because it has a cameras and shops and it has more screen sizes and things"

I agree with you on that, I used my original DS phat because to me if it plays the current format than why get a new one if your's work? By the time my phat was dying i was lucky the 3DS did come along i could spend my money on a true upgrade that played the newest format. I should be set till the next one comes along.

dulume

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
DarkStriker said:
If they allow me to change in the 3DS with 3d for that one i will gladly do it. I have no use for the 3D because of my bad eyesight and i have this eye sickness that makes it hard to focus on things that requires a good amount of focus to be able to see it like the 3D or things that makes use of 2 coloured glasses too see. Basically one of my eye has a stronger focus ratio than the other throwing it off-balance. It takes intense focus from me and competely ignoring the world around me to be able to see the 3D effect of the screen. Thats why i never go to cinema to watch 3D movies. And having another analog or what u call it means better FPS games and RPG with a good amount of cam control. Better homebrew support like if minecraft gets ported/homebrewed then it means u can use those 2 instead of using the d-pad and/or the touchscreen for movement. I tried a homebrew based off CoD zombie mode on my PSP and the controls for the movement was just horrible because a lack of another analog stick. Hopefully because they throw off the 3D mode, they will make it having better hardware specs.

Wow... that was violently uninteresting. How goes your digestion? Do you process wheat and dairies properly? I'm just asking cause your physical condition is of much interest to us.

Don't forget to eat your vegies!

To get back to the story: of course it's BS. What the 3ds needs is games, not a new circle pad, and Nintendo knows it. Reducing the 3D????.... are you guys morons? That you can already do by adjusting the slider, so please please try using that thing between your ears before opening useless threads.

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(IF) this is true I would rage so fucking hard. But it wouldn't make any sense really. 3D is its core gimmick, its in the NAME. Removing/lessening it would be a shit move and you might as well scrap the project at that point. The original was expensive and people poured money into it because they were promised a whole ton with this system and now its looking like the touchpad. Most devs don't even have the development kits yet.
unsure.gif
. But that's the price of new gen tech, you never know....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse