[Rumor] Google is creating their own gaming system

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by leafeon34, Jun 29, 2018.

1. leafeon34
    OP

leafeon34 Expecto Patronum!

Sep 30, 2014
    United Kingdom
    AzkaBANNED.
    I'm not paying for some streaming shit. I want the game to be available to play offline. I still prefer physical games over digital downloads. The big problem is if this does turn out to be true then many new games will be Google exclusive.

Source: https://kotaku.com/sources-google-is-planning-a-game-platform-that-could-1827217387

2. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    If it is solely/majority focused streaming then yeah I would have to wonder what google is thinking. It would not be the first time they went after something shiny (if streaming games actually could be made to work then it would be an amazing thing) and missed.

If it is a well thought out (which is to say games which take well to streaming + good streaming code) option on top of things then consider me curious.

3) is good. Or at least have been proven to work and has been done time and time again -- Sega during the 8 and 16 bit era, Sony very famously during the PS1 era, MS quite literally is responsible for "developers, developers, developers" and there is a reason directX won over opengl. The opposite is also true if we want to look at Nintendo's evaporating support either during said PS1 era, less so but still visible during the 16 bit era with Sega and then with the 3ds.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted