Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm 51% sure it's real.
Imho it is not that impossible as it is VERY similar to DriveDocotor, and a few different GC hard mod exploits that I have saw over the years.
I'm patient, but this is something that if it proves to be real will TOTALLY change the Wii scene for developers.

If it is real I wll be getting my wii modded into a pc I have here and then will add some extras too, so really hope it's real.
biggrin.gif

I'm interested in knowing what the chips on the circuit board are, and can they be replaced by software at the pc end, if they can then this would be very, very easy to make yourself.

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
ausdamn said:
REASON WHY I KNOW THIS IS A FAKE

look at this video..
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=zNJVSYFkHWU

look at when he pans the camera back out the drive LED light it lit up to show us that a disc has recently been inserted...
nice try wank0r...fake..
OMG lol, that happens because of the default wii commands, IE, insert disk(send ISO) flash lights.that isnt anything to do with the drive its self, its in the firmware commands. when i was testing for waninkoko with the 1ST backup loader that happened loads of times because of wrong commands to get the disk and such.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
ACES163 said:
Obviously fake.Its near impsossible
lol, no it is very close to DriveDoctor, that everyone called fake, yet proved to be real.

QUOTE(ausdamn @ Dec 30 2008, 01:12 AM) REASON WHY I KNOW THIS IS A FAKE

look at this video..
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=zNJVSYFkHWU

look at when he pans the camera back out the drive LED light it lit up to show us that a disc has recently been inserted...
nice try wank0r...fake..
lol, no I get the light on my drive all the time when using apps that attempt to access the DVD drive as linkinworm said and many peeps here will already know.

CIJC

Trophies
XP
Country
i vote real. its simple enough... its basicly something that plugs into where your wii drive is, and turns your computer into a big wii drive emulator. seems like a good idea, and would be easy to make yourself if you got hold of the software.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

its like drivedoctor all over again
biggrin.gif

Quincy

Your own personal guitarist :3
OP
Trophies
Website
youtek.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
CIJC said:
i vote real. its simple enough... its basicly something that plugs into where your wii drive is, and turns your computer into a big wii drive emulator. seems like a good idea, and would be easy to make yourself if you got hold of the software.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

its like drivedoctor all over again
biggrin.gif
lol Xactly

KirovAir

Alcoholic Programmer
Trophies
Website
www.jessesander.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
You cannot say if it's real or not. You can only speculate if it's real (or not).

It's real because:
  • They registered a domain. (bit useless if it was fake)
  • The behavior in the last video of the Wii seems very real. They keep everything in screen and the Wii is responding as it should respond on the actions they take on the computer.
  • It's a very good solution to replace the drive instead of changing the drive to real backups, the drive signals could be logged/decrypted and abused to replace it with an USB-thingy port solution.
It's fake because:
  • There is no sound/bad demonstration in the first few vids.
  • It looks very unprofessional.
  • It's HARD to replace the drive and make the USB-thingy act the same (with signals etc.) as a normal Wii drive would do. So this is very unlikely.
  • Games should load MUCH faster with 2.0 USB speed (as claimed) but you can't see any loading improvements in the videos.
So now, make your OWN decision and stop wasting your time with these kind of topics.
It's also COMPLETELY unnecessary to start a topic like this, you could also take this discussion in the existing topic of FlatMii.

Also, quincy, stop having the attitude of a 10 year old kid and act normal (oh wait you're 13 lol). Since credar IS a boy. (This is the internet, remember?)

Quincy

Your own personal guitarist :3
OP
Trophies
Website
youtek.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
Jesse Sander said:
You cannot say if it's real or not. You can only speculate if it's real (or not).

It's real because:
  • They registered a domain. (bit useless if it was fake)
  • The behavior in the last video of the Wii seems very real. They keep everything in screen and the Wii is responding as it should respond on the actions they take on the computer.
  • It's a very good solution to replace the drive instead of changing the drive to real backups, the drive signals could be logged/decrypted and abused to replace it with an USB-thingy port solution.
It's fake because:
  • There is no sound/bad demonstration in the first few vids.
  • It looks very unprofessional.
  • It's HARD to replace the drive and make the USB-thingy act the same (with signals etc.) as a normal Wii drive would do. So this is very unlikely.
  • Games should load MUCH faster with 2.0 USB speed (as claimed) but you can't see any loading improvements in the videos.
So now, make your OWN decision and stop wasting your time with these kind of topics.
It's also COMPLETELY unnecessary to start a topic like this, you could also take this discussion in the existing topic of FlatMii.

Also, quincy, stop having the attitude of a 10 year old kid and act normal (oh wait you're 13 lol). Since credar IS a boy. (This is the internet, remember?)
Oh phuck...i got pwned...and by the way...this is a thread where people can post whether they think FlatMii is real or fake AKA Their OPINION

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
Games would not load any faster as some believe.
There are limits in place in multiple places hardware and software that would not allow this.

The Wii can read iso's at 2 speeds 3x and 6x, there is also a semi setting inbetween, but you cant load things faster through the drive and software than can already be allowed. So this will not load faster than 6x speed, but it should* be 6x becaue they dont use the low read commands etc.

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slimmmmmm said:
Games would not load any faster as some believe.
There are limits in place in multiple places hardware and software that would not allow this.

The Wii can read iso's at 2 speeds 3x and 6x, there is also a semi setting inbetween, but you cant load things faster through the drive and software than can already be allowed. So this will not load faster than 6x speed, but it should* be 6x becaue they dont use the low read commands etc.
i have to say only Nintendo would know this for sure.
also hardware limitation wise this can replace the disk drive and the disk drive as far as we know max read speed is 6x.
secondly i seriously doubt the software can stop it from reading faster if it can read faster from the flatmii if it in fact is real.
and if it can't I'm sure this setting is adjustable just as region and a lot of other things are.

Zarradeth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I know this is my first post and all, so I might not be credible but,
I have a friend who lives in Spain, his Wii has a screwed up DVD drive so this would be perfect for him.
When I showed it to him he had told me he had already seen it and though it was most likely fake because the day that site was made on is Spain's "April Fools Day" and after doing some research he was pretty sure that the site was owned and registered to somebody from Spain.

http://spanish.about.com/b/2007/04/01/spai...y-is-dec-28.htm
There's a link if you don't believe me.

I hope it's real, but I wouldn't get my hopes up to high.

Wiisel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Or they could have chosen that day because scandal and gossip travel further than the truth.

im still not saying its real or not

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU