Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PS3.jpg

QUOTE said:
Now we've seen our share of fake PS3 news before and this one looks too good to be true. According to a post from Belzar.com, they are now on the verge of releasing the worlds first full-fledged direct boot modchip for the PS3 that is packed full of useful features including multi-region DVD and blu-ray movie playback.

Some of the features of Belzar PS3 Modchip includes:

* Works on all PS3 models
* Works on all PS3 regions (USA, JAP, PAL,)
* Direct Boot of PS3 original, import, and backup (copied) games
* Direct Boot of PS2 original, import, and backup (copied) games
* Supports multi-region Blueray Movie Playback
* Supports multi-region DVD Movie Playback
* No config disc needed - it just works!
* Transparent stealth operation
* Integrates proven belzar Intelligent Code Modifying System
* No awkward USB interface - just insert DVD and play!
* Supportsall upto date titles
* Ultra-low power consumption; does not interfere with normal PS3 operation
* Only 12 wires to solder
* No external PC/laptop needed
* completely upgradeable firmware, via Belzars usb 2.0 interface

Furthermore, the team posted on their site that they have already sent out the second beta of Belzar PS3 Modchip to 50 beta testers for final bug testing. Well, what do you think guys? Is this real or not? Stay tuned.

News Source: PS3Updates

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why the hell do people spell Blu Ray as Blueray, learn to effing spell it (especially article writers). Blu Ray burners are still a bit pricey, 3x the price of a DVD RW burner with Light Scribe, however having a PS3 modchip would probably bolster the sales of burners.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DSGamer64 said:
Why the hell do people spell Blu Ray as Blueray, learn to effing spell it (especially article writers). Blu Ray burners are still a bit pricey, 3x the price of a DVD RW burner with Light Scribe, however having a PS3 modchip would probably bolster the sales of burners.
the burners are probably 7x the price

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Absolute Fail

First of all most PS3s have no PS2 backwards capability save for the 20 and 60 gb versions. Also there`s a PSP for PS1 games. The glory of the PS3 has died because of this, why don`t people understand that some tech should not be hacked. I just think this is crossing the line not to mention highly unreasonable because most of the features can either be done on other consoles or just highly unnecessary.

I`m just saying this really didn`t need to happen.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shakraka said:
This will probably the most priciest method of pirating to date, almost defeating the purpose of pirating in the first place. Around 200 dollars for the Blu-Ray burner, plus 35-50 dollars for a 10 disc Blu-Ray pack.
15 disc's cost about about $42

but it beats paying $60 "per game"

daknight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Shakraka said:
This will probably the most priciest method of pirating to date, almost defeating the purpose of pirating in the first place. Around 200 dollars for the Blu-Ray burner, plus 35-50 dollars for a 10 disc Blu-Ray pack.

...you don't keep up with the prices of Blu-ray disc do you? If THAT was the price, it would be about the same price as DVD+DL (which is use for Xbox 360). DVD+DL run for 25 to 35 for a 10 disc pack of GOOD quality media. As for Blu-ray, the actual price of a 10 pack STARTS at around 50 dollars and can go up to 70 dollars. Your statement of it being expensive still stands, is just more expensive than what you think actually xP

I am refering to GOOD quality disc for that price, not one that will most likely end up being a cluster of disk (if you want that kind. You can indeed find some 10 packs for 20 to 25 dollars and other higher quantity packs for cheap...I just don't trust them personaly. Bought a pack once of low-quality brand DVD-DL...none of them worked)

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
daknight said:
Shakraka said:

...you don't keep up with the prices of Blu-ray disc do you? If THAT was the price, it would be about the same price as DVD+DL (which is use for Xbox 360). DVD+DL run for 25 to 35 for a 10 disc pack of GOOD quality media. As for Blu-ray, the actual price of a 10 pack STARTS at around 50 dollars and can go up to 70 dollars. Your statement of it being expensive still stands, is just more expensive than what you think actually xP
its more like you dont keep up with the prices

verbatim 20pk DVD+DL
$25
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16817130008

memorex 50pk DVD+DL
$33
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...L10D-_-17501023

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Joe88 said:
Shakraka said:
15 disc's cost about about $42

but it beats paying $60 "per game"

You gotta take in the fact that the huge amount of bandwidth you're killing for downloading a bluray game, the success rate of burning a game, and the time consumption of downloading and burning as well.

------------------

I don't think it's worth modding the Ps3 if its only for pirating. Ps3 sales are already so poor. It might boost Ps3 sales, but it doesn't guarantee quality games or squeals which is the reason why we play games.

I really hope this doesn't overkill the Ps3.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am not affected by wasted bandwidth because I have no limit, im am constantly downloading 360 games, as well as PS2 and PSP
so its nothing new to me, + it should the games only without the padding attached so it wont be a 25GB download for every game, probably around 10GB avg for alot of the games

even if you wasted all but one disk which was a sucessful burn, you still profited from it because you saved $17+tax

hellohey

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Cablephish said:
It would suck if it messed up in the burning process. There goes X amount of money.

btw, X => price of DVD+DL, X is element of real numbers

you wont believe the amount of cds i wasted for Wii backups
i made a mini tower with them xD
good thing i didnt buy them xD

http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/proddetail.a...amp;catid=26262
http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/proddetail.a...amp;catid=26263
blu ray burner = 190$
15 blu ray disks = 99$
Total = 289$ + tax

15 Ps3 games = ~60$ each = 900$
i think its fair..

Site & Scene News