Gaming Rumor: Chrono Trigger DS

Batman55

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Kotaku has a post up about this: Chrono Trigger *Might* Be Coming To The Nintendo DS.

Their scan is small, slanted, cut off... and in Japanese. But it has the English letters/numbers: DS, RPG and 2008.

I personally think that it would be great, but I kinda am scared for it. The original had such a neat and detailed (for SNES) visual style, and they might make it a 3D chibi FF3/4 kinda game. I really hope they keep it 2D, or 3D cel shaded like Phantom Hourglass.

What do you guys think?

EDIT: Confirmed to be coming to NA this Holiday! From Joystiq. It will use 2D visuals as well.

EDIT 2: It is a direct SNES port with no updated graphics. I like that it is not FF3/4 3D, but I'm sad that it isn't Heroes of Mana/FFTA2 2D.

mflo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I hope there is a port/remake, because I never finished the SNES version
frown.gif

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
Batman55 said:
Kotaku has a post up about this: Chrono Trigger *Might* Be Coming To The Nintendo DS.

Their scan is small, slanted, cut off... and in Japanese. But it has the English letters/numbers: DS, RPG and 2008.

I personally think that it would be great, but I kinda am scared for it. The original had such a neat and detailed (for SNES) visual style, and they might make it a 3D chibi FF3/4 kinda game. I really hope they keep it 2D, or 3D cel shaded like Phantom Hourglass.

What do you guys think?

To tell you the truth, i've never heard of this game. But it seems good...Wait...SNES!?!?! Arent they also remaking Kirby Superstar for the SNES? maybe they're gonna make SNES Classics like the GBA NES Classics!

Aznhiga13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Holy fricken balls batman! I am so happy the nintengods are finally listening. Man, i realllllllyy hope its a port and not a whole freakin new story. I hope they keep the same battle system, upgrade the graphics, keep the story line and alllll the characters. And if they can keep somewhat close to the same dialogue then im sold and this game will be mine! Just way too happy right now....lol.

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP

gov78

Ha made you Look
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
LIES LIES DO NOT TRY DO DECIVE ME LIES! .... "looks at ds and pets it" i cant belive it off all the games to come to ds its chrono trigger.... ABOUT FOCKING TIME well i guess we just have to wait for some more info i hope everyone here buys it and not just gets it via download to there flash card when its released.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...