Gaming Rumor: Chrono Trigger DS

Gore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not excited for this at all.
Nor was I excited for FFTA2 or any Final Fantasy game ever.
yaynds.gif

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Anyway, reading the comments on Kotaku...Chrono Cross was a great follow up to Chrono Trigger. People are whiny because it didn't include Crono, but the storyline as well as the tie in with Chrono Trigger was great. The only problem with the game was the intro was really slow, but when the story picks up it moves along pretty well.

I'm hoping that this "port" will include the extras that were in the PSX version i.e. the anime cutscenes + the appropriate ending that ties this Chrono Trigger to Chrono Cross.

hellklown

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
hellklowndumpster.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Mexico
At last, been hoping for a CT port since the FF1&2 remake was made for the GBA. Even if the extra dungeon is only filler and doesn't give much extra content, just the fact that I can play it anywhere without messing with the PSP emulator (which in my opinion runs it decently, but doesn't compares to the real deal) is worth it. Just hoping that the touch screen functions doesn't replace the buttons (or at least that only apply to minimal locations like in Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow) or that the don't make an "enhanced" version of the soundtrack (some Squenix OST remakes are good like in FF: Crisis Core, but some of them suck hard).
Anyways, happy to know of the port, but I would be happier if a release date was made public
tongue.gif

Batman55

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
They'll up the graphics, DS's 2D is miles ahead of SNES graphics. I really am glad that I don't have to keep playing the original on my PSP.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm REALLY going to have to assume it's 2D and the scans depict the DS version. All articles so far point to it remaining VERY much the same graphically. I've whipped up a comparison shot between the original game and the DS scan:

SNES:
chrono3.jpg

DS Scan:
ctdsnh5.png

Unclear though the pic is I think it's from the remake. I have one piece of evidence to support this: the text box appears to be transparent. You can just make out the background behind the box. It wasn't transparent in the SNES version. There's a possibility I'm wrong here, but I think I'm right. I'll admit my ignorance if proved otherwise though.

Batman55

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Zane said:
I hope they won't "up" the graphics.. sure if it looks abit refreshed but still 2d then sure, but if they try to do a FF DS makeover.. then no.

I don't mean up as in go to 3D, that would be awful. Children of Mana looked gorgeous and they should do something like those graphics.

seracrux

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I hope they remake the game, they can probably use the FF4 or DQ engine.
CC was great although it did kill off the leads of CT and negate that game in the process, btw I played Cross first so maybe that influenced me. I like the fixed XP concept, no more grinding hehehe.

LagunaCid

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
SawFan4Life said:
is Chrono Trigger playable on SNESmulDS?
if so what settings?
I've never heard of this games and my friends are going to shun me if I don't play it. XD
It's playable, but kinda buggy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-