RUMOR- 3DS Remake of a "7th Game" From Famous RPG Series

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Remakes and ports are two totally different things btw.

I'd love to see either one, but I prefer DQ. :P
Final Fantasy has never really been my cup of tea.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
DW/Q VII for sure, if this holds any water.

By the way, IV, V, and VI were released on the DS as a way for the games to be more accessible. Previously, they had never left Japan. These remakes were a way to make it possible for western gamers to finally get their hands on and properly enjoy an official international release. With that in mind, a remake of DQ VII actually makes little sense, since the game was accessible to western gamers a number of years ago. I just don't see it happening. Pluses to it would be accessibility to a new generation of gamers. DQ VII came out late in the Playstation life, if I'm not mistaken. That is a dangerous point to be coming out, especially as a major title, since that's the point that people tend to stop paying attention to a system. In that respect, DQ VII would be a great choice, since many potentially missed this title. Awhile ago, I had one hell of a time even finding the game to pirate. That's ridiculous for a title such as DQ VII.

If it was remade, it would certainly be for different reasons than IV, V, and VI though.

As for FF VII. Oh my word lol. That game isn't even that good in terms of RPG's. It was a bit revolutionary for the time, and that's about it. The novelty has worn off so many years later.

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hmm I have to say that if this is true then it is most likely a remake of Dragon Quest VII. If Square Enix ever does make a remake of Final Fantasy VII, I would think they would want to make the game look similar to Advent Children and I don't think the 3DS is capable of running a game like that. The article states that the remake is rumored to come out 6 months after a spin-off for the series, with Theatrhythm Final Fantasy coming out in February that would mean if it were Final Fantasy VII it would come out in August, which doesn't seem like much time to remake the game. Dragon Quest Heroes Rocket Slime 3 just came out earlier this month, so in 6 months would be May, which seems like a new handheld Dragon Quest could be released in Japan around that time seeing as how just about every year a new Dragon Quest was released for the DS. Dragon Quest IV (2007), Dragon Quest V (2008) Dragon Quest IX (2009) Dragon Quest VI(2010) it only seems logical that a Dragon Quest VII would come out in 2012.

Lube_Skyballer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
80% chance -> DQVII (seems logical, because the last remake was DQVI and DQX will be on a nintendo console)
10% chance -> Tales Of Legendia (seems rather inlogical, how exactly do you remake a PS2 title on the 3DS. It would be a downgrade, not an upgrade)
10% chance-> FFVII (omgomgomg, that would be jizztastic, but where's my FFV and FFVI remake?)

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
FFVII is teh best game ever. PERIOD :angry: (don't jump on me, it's just personal preference)

My pants would explode if this is revealed to be true :wub: I'd buy multiple copies of the game just to show how much I'd love SE for doing that :wub:

Reactions: 1 person

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah. I understand that. But Abyss is a port if im correct, not a remake :P
It is. Though it's not a clear indication of what every PS2 game would be like if made for 3DS. Wouldn't have to be a downgrade at all if the right developer got their hands on it. The 3DS is more powerful than the PS2 for starters, and capable of better visuals (specifically in the shader department). Though the odds of a PS2 game being ported are greater than remade since it's easier that way. Still, not neccessarily needing to be downgraded at least.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Obviously Ys 7.

But in actuality, I'm going with DQ7. The DS had remakes for 4-6, so the 3DS will probably continue the tradition of remakes for DQ. I seriously doubt they'd remake what people consider a definite PSX game on the 3DS.

naglaro00

Mildly disturbed
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
002-7thsaga.jpg

OK it may not be the 7th game from any particular series but... :P

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
I don't think so! Sony still owns partial rights to FF 7&8 since the PC versions they partially published.
Sony published the NA PS1 version and SCEE for PAL. Eidos did the PC version. This doesn't mean they own rights for the game though.

Sony didn't even publish FFVIII so I don't know what you're on about there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I don't trust the free ones, but ipvanish I've used for couple years now, n like
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I wonder if they could get CPUs to run that hot then use the heat to power a steam turbine to power the CPUs....
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good idea, or at least power the GPU
    It's not the movies or games downloads that I would worry about, like breaking into networks, downloading encrypted things, spying on network traffic. I have seen so many "Top Secret" seals on files when I was a kid
    I was obsessed with finding UFOs, a surprising amount of US files where stashed on computers in other countries, China back in the early 90s omg sooo much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that crazy, I've never tried hack into anything, I just pirate, and my ISP have send me 3-4 letters, so had to VPN it
    Ship to ship communication software for the Navy although without access to the encrypting chips it was mostly useless
    I bet now a 4090 could probably crack it? Hmmm maybe not even back then I'm pretty sure they where using like 1024 bit encryption
    Yayyy the one set finished 324GBs lol
    Compressed....
    I wonder how many years that would have taken on a 56K modem lol
    18000 hours lol
    750 days lol
    +1
    So Internet is very much faster now lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Time Remaining- 2 years, 9 girlfriends, 6 hairstyles, please standby..."
    +1
    I remember one time I downloaded like a 500MB ISO file on 56K and that literally took like 2 days
    I had some sort of resume thing, I remember the software had chains
    Damned if I can't remember.the name though
    Some sort of download management app
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey psi
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson