nah... we tales fans know that it will be ANOTHER Tales Of Phantasia remake
the 7th Tales Of Phantasia Remake lol

btw... I dont care about DQ or FF... I just want a SD3 remake for the 3DS

ForteGospel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the moment that FFVII falls into the 3ds hands, is the moment that the 3ds won against the vita, even more if the game is a remake

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'd rather see FF7/8 remakes on the PS3. The only real reason to do a remake is to add voice acting and up the graphics. If it's on the 3DS, the graphics wont exactly look godlike.
So at the very least, they should do a remake for the Vita.

Sounds like it'll be DQ7 though. That's the only logical game.

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It’s a remix version of the 7th game of a famous (J)RPG series, and will sell half year later of a spin-off game of the series.

HOLY SHIT.

IT IS FF 7 LOOK AT THE FREAKING SOURCE...

FF GETS Theathrythem or whatever it is called! :O

YS7 also has a chance.

Get me wrong, but I am convinced it will be Final Fantasy VII right now. If it will come.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not a particularly huge fan of either RPG series, but I'm hoping for FFVII just so I can read all of the threads whining about how a console for babies got everyone's favorite game.

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a remake of the SNES version of Ultima 7, obviously. That way EVERYBODY can be pissed, from FF fans, to DQ fans, to Ultima fans.

qwsed

Trophies
XP
Country
Dont you DARE making a remake on FF VII on 3DS!!!! I will hunt down and destroy the one who thought this up. Seriously... Dont tease us with a "tech demo" video of the game before the ps3 launch!

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Dont you DARE making a remake on FF VII on 3DS!!!! I will hunt down and destroy the one who thought this up. Seriously... Dont tease us with a "tech demo" video of the game before the ps3 launch!
:creep:

:tpi:

They dare to do this, I am sure if there is a lot of money they smell then...

D

Deleted_171835

I doubt it's FF7.

If I'm correct, there was a rumour before about a 'Dragon Quest VII' remake. It's probably that.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Meh... I like Final Fantasy VII, sure... But I've always preferred Dragon Quest games they feel more... Classic? Dragon quest games have a certain charm that I love, the main chars may be mute but they're friggin awesome, I've played every Dragon Quest so I'd really love it if they'd remake the 7th for 3DS, well, actually, it is somewhat to be expected from SE already, since they've been remaking all the games in the series...

Also, if they'd remake Final Fantasy VII for the 3DS, I'd friggin lmao in front of some friends of mine that hate Nintendo consoles (although both final fantasy and dragon quest were born on a nintendo console)

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It is impossible for it to be Final Fantasy VII. Considering Sony Computer Entertainment of America published the game in USA when it was released. Sony Computer Entertainment International also published the European and Korean version when they were released back in the days. it is impossible for it to be on anything else than a Sony console, Sony obviously have some kind of rights to it.

That's why if there would have been a HD remake, it would have been on PS3 and Microsoft would never ever be able to get it either.

Being the game's publisher entitle you to exclusivity, even if the game is old.

NaokiKitsuhine

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Ys is a very popular serie in Japan, and normaly falcon launches their games as remake for others platforms... like Ys6 and Oath in Felghana to PSP, I think they will remake Ys Seven to be more know outside japan, and then they can launch the Sea of Trees here too

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

By that logic wasn't it impossible that Perfect Dark and Banjo Kazooie came to the Xbox Live Arcade?

Rare belonged to Nintendo and they sold it to Microsoft, along with everything they had.

Square-Enix doesn't belong to anyone and sometime, other companies do publish their games and yes, they have some rights to it. In this game, probably enough rights to keep FF7 from going elsewhere.

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

By that logic wasn't it impossible that Perfect Dark and Banjo Kazooie came to the Xbox Live Arcade?

Rare belonged to Nintendo and they sold it to Microsoft, along with everything they had.

Square-Enix doesn't belong to anyone and sometime, other companies do publish their games and yes, they have some rights to it. In this game, probably enough rights to keep FF7 from going elsewhere.

hate to keep dragging an issue through the dirt but how does that explain Nintendo being able to hold back Goldeneye from live arcade?

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
It is impossible for it to be Final Fantasy VII. Considering Sony Computer Entertainment of America published the game in USA when it was released. Sony Computer Entertainment International also published the European and Korean version when they were released back in the days. it is impossible for it to be on anything else than a Sony console, Sony obviously have some kind of rights to it.

That's why if there would have been a HD remake, it would have been on PS3 and Microsoft would never ever be able to get it either.

Here's something interesting. Final Fantasy VII was released on the PC through Eidos. How does that work if Sony had exclusive rights to it?

Rather than making assumptions (and this is for everyone), how about you people do some research on the subject.

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

hate to keep dragging an issue through the dirt but how does that explain Nintendo being able to hold back Goldeneye from live arcade?

That's because this wasn't only Nintendo. The company that own the rights to james bond movie was holding it back on both Wii VC and Live Arcade.

Here's something interesting. Final Fantasy VII was released on the PC through Eidos. How does that work if Sony had exclusive rights to it?

Rather than making assumptions (and this is for everyone), how about you people do some research on the subject.

They're the publisher for the PC version, like Sony was for the console version.

Just give up, the thing is not leaving Sony. Sony owns some of the rights to the console version, which is more than enough for Nintendo and Microsoft not getting it.

Now, Eidos belongs to Square-Enix, since they bought them (hell, I wonder if they weren't owned a little by Squaresoft back then as well, which would explain them publishing the PC version).

Yes, Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo being the publisher for a third party game means the others aren't getting it. Recent exemple I can think of is Orc must dies on Xbox Live Arcade and PC. There was a PSN version planned too before Microsoft became its publisher.

You don't publish a game to have it go to someone else when a remake happens, that's not how this works, especially since the company publishing it pour money in the project.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    Taking more time to load the page than to fire up the paper towel is an issue
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's worse is the dinosaur game popping up when the lotion comes out
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    You use paper towels too? :rofl2:
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    Better keep the safe place 'safe'
    Bounty. The quicker picker upper? lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Aloe vera now with rgb
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    On a serious note, have you tested your ISP DNS answer time ?
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    Last time i've checked, my ISP was like 5/6 ms slower than Cloudflare x)
    yeah. I've tried changing dns too.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Check cpuid make sure ram sockets are detected
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    (and i'm fibered, 5gb shared downloads, 1gb upload)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or even in bios
    its mostly when starting firefox that it's noticible slower. Opening and loading the homepage. Tried fresh installs and all.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Knowing your system specs would help
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    if you're in win 11, have you checked which graphical processor Firefox was using ?
    after it's open, its a bit slower too at loading pages, but not as noticeable as the initial startup and homepage loading
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    can make a little difference
    You mean as in hardware acceleration on or off?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Went to make cup noodles, spilled boiling water on me then the kettle decided to pop
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know why I saw a kettle with wifi
    Will try that now
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    ouch @K3Nv2 hope nothing's too bad !
    xda a good site. My go to site for phone shit. :)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Females have burnt me worse
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Females have burnt me worse