Hacking Rudolphs Wifi Dumper doesn't work for me

Snuffy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've searched through a couple threads on here and I haven't found anything that helps me. I've tried using Rudolphs wifi dumper on a mac and a PC but nothing seems to work. I keep putting in the game I want and it gets stuck on the "waiting for connection" phase. I've also noticed that my IP will not change no matter what I put in the .ini file. The .ini file I actually got from the download does not even have a spot to put an IP address? It just skips right to the port, so I added all the correct info in and tried again but nothing. My IP in the app will not change. My port is 8080, and it says my username is test but no matter what I type in, my IP will not change. I've downloaded three different .ini files and none of them seem to have even a slot for the IP.... And even when I add it in correctly to the file and save, nothing changes. I even tried changing the name of the file but then nothing could be read so I changed it back and everything could be read except my IP again. Can someone help me?

I'm using an Acekard 2i (on a DS phat just for this), everythings in the root of my directory. DS games will connect to wifi on my acekard, my connection is perfectly fine. smallFTP is running fine without issues.

I just feel like this .ini file isn't being read right and I can't get it to work.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
To use any of Rudolph's tools on a AK2/i with AKAIO you will need to apply the dldi fix.

Copy the ak2_sd.dldi from the official firmware in the __ak2 to your __aio folder on your MicroSD, overwriting the AKAIO ak2_sd.dldi.

AK OF : http://www.acekard.com/download/ak2/ak2_42...721_release.zip

After that it should work.

Snuffy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still nothing. My IP is one digit off... The last digit is a 7 when its supposed to be an 8. Nothing changed. :/

Snuffy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how_do_i_do_that said:
If your IP is one digit off, that means a user setup error on your part not the tool.
And I fix this how? I still don't know what I'm doing wrong?

And I'll try the FTP one instead and see what happens.

DaggerV

Archmagi of the Emerald Moon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a lot of problems at first with rudolphs' dumper. Makes sure you have both the .nds and the config file at the root of your SD card. The nds dumper should pick it up then, should. Then I had trouble getting it to connect to the FTP server. It's been a long time since I set this up I don't remember where I grabbed the IP that worked from, since ports and such matched up with both the program and ftp server.

I'm ripping pokemon white right now, which is taking a bit, once I get done with that I'll come back here and post more information from my config file. Make sure the ftp server has same username/password as the config file, same port and all that junk. Your problem then will probably finding the IP, since running command prompt and getting IP from there does not work. I'll just paste what is in mine and just hide my IP address.

Edit: speaking of which, I couldn't get the program to backup my save from white :/ I usually do that before I start dumping the rom.

Edit x2: I heard about a newer ripper in the recent past that was better at ripping, added some new header or something. Anyone know what I'm talking about? I remember passing it by since what I used now worked, and didn't care to try it being on dial up.

Edit x3: Thinking about it, a lot of the settings would have to be edited based on your router if I remember right. My IP worked on three different desktops which leads me to believe that, but I only had one computer on at a time. Router port range will have to match and so on. Again i'll post config when done ripping.

WarBuddhaV

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay done ripping, finally.

My Wifi NDS Dumper zip file came with three files, the .nds, a config file, and a txt file. The text file is all gibberish, I don't know if it even needs to be with the other two folders but I kept it with them anyways.

Both config and .nds files were called NDS_Backup_Tool_Wifi
Don't know if the name is necessary, might be, I havn't dissected the program yet.

This is what my config file looks like

Code:
#
# NDS_Backup_Tool_Wifi.ini
#

ServerIPÂÂÂÂIPÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ! FTPd IP address
ServerPortÂÂÂÂPortÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ! FTPd Service Port
#FileDirÂÂÂÂC:\tempÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ! Home Directory

FTPUserÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂuserÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ! FTPd Logon User name
FTPPasswordÂÂÂÂÂÂpasswordÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ! FTPd Logon password

SaveFileÂÂÂÂ0ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ! Saving size : 0:auto, nnn:Save File Size(KB)

#TrimÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ! Rom Triming Backup

Server IP is going to be your wireless routers IP. I'm going to do this with the assumption you already have FTP server figured out, if not I can help to the best of my ability, I'm not smart in that area.

Port will match the port that you have set in your FTP server, along with username and password. I went with 8080 and test/test respectively.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9kE3Env_2AY?si=Bs6lUZ0ZIlqmYaGT +1