ROM Hack Rudolph's Universal "Child's Play" patch

Status
Not open for further replies.

idn

Trophies
XP
Country
Nachiitox said:
Sorry if this have been answer yet, but im a little hurry...:)
I tested this, but after some events it froze, with R4 1.18 YSmenu 1.17a12 the problem can be that the save is corrupted?...Thnx ;)
you put the .bak file on the card instead of the .nds one. seriously, people, learn to read. it's not that hard. really.

QUOTE(Rockstar @ Mar 30 2010, 02:29 AM) But whats different in it?
it works.

Kristoffa

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
People need to be a bit more chill with the new guys. They're not hurting anyone by asking, and it's not hard to answer them. It's easier for them to ask a question that sort through over 20 pages.

idn

Trophies
XP
Country
Kristoffa said:
People need to be a bit more chill with the new guys. They're not hurting anyone by asking, and it's not hard to answer them. It's easier for them to ask a question that sort through over 20 pages.
of course it's easier, but first of all - it's not proper etiquette. on most boards I frequent people are banned for that. also, flipping through 20 pages takes at most 5 to 10 minutes. if you don't have 5 to 10 minutes to check the thread, you don't have time to play either. there's no excuse for being lazy.

Nachiitox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
idn said:
Nachiitox said:
Sorry if this have been answer yet, but im a little hurry...
smile.gif

I tested this, but after some events it froze, with R4 1.18 YSmenu 1.17a12 the problem can be that the save is corrupted?...Thnx
wink.gif

you put the .bak file on the card instead of the .nds one. seriously, people, learn to read. it's not that hard. really.

it works.

How can u know, NO I DONT put the BAK, i put the NDS....Seriously dont talk if you dont know..please...now, some onswer to my question?

idn

Trophies
XP
Country
Nachiitox said:
How can u know, NO I DONT put the BAK, i put the NDS....Seriously dont talk if you dont know..please...now, some onswer to my question?
I know, because the patch works for event-related freezes. if you got an event-related freeze it means either you didn't patch it correctly or used the wrong file. easy as that, there's no other explanation.

well, you might have a very slow SD card, but that's hardly the case nowadays.

mvp8106

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
idn said:
Nachiitox said:
smile.gif

I tested this, but after some events it froze, with R4 1.18 YSmenu 1.17a12 the problem can be that the save is corrupted?...Thnx
wink.gif

it works.
wait i used the bak but it still froze r u suppose to leave it as bak?

Nachiitox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
idn said:
Nachiitox said:
I know, because the patch works for event-related freezes. if you got an event-related freeze it means either you didn't patch it correctly or used the wrong file. easy as that, there's no other explanation.

well, you might have a very slow SD card, but that's hardly the case nowadays.
I have an original R4 with 1.18 YSmenu 1.17a12 and it froze after 68 events (1 badge) that's all the info...it were MORE than usual... it can be the SAV corrupted?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mvp8106 said:
idn said:
Nachiitox said:
smile.gif

wink.gif

it works.

The .bak that the patch leaves you is the copy of the original Rom that you patched it, which means the .bak file USED TO BE the .nds file of the Pokémon Rom that had the AP.

idn

Trophies
XP
Country
mvp8106 said:
no. again:

before patching you have one file:

rom_name.nds = the original, unpatched rom

after patching you get two files:

rom_name.bak = the original, unpatched rom
rom_name.nds = the patched, freeze-free rom

use rom_name.nds after patching.

QUOTE(Nachiitox @ Mar 30 2010, 02:42 AM) I have an original R4 with 1.18 YSmenu 1.17a12 and it froze after 68 events (1 badge) that's all the info...it were MORE than usual... it can be the SAV corrupted?
the game will let you know when your save gets corrupted. you can't play with a corrupted save.

anyway, if you're really sure you patched the rom correctly and copied the right file, then I don't know what is wrong and I doubt anyone can help you at this point. you could try playing without the YSMenu though.

mvp8106

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am r4ymond said:
mvp8106 said:
idn said:
Nachiitox said:
smile.gif

wink.gif

it works.

The .bak that the patch leaves you is the copy of the original Rom that you patched it, which means the .bak file USED TO BE the .nds file of the Pokémon Rom that had the AP.
ahh ok so i use the nds one

D

Deleted-236924

I must say, Rudolph should leave it to others for patching HG/SS.
First of all, none of his patches for the Japanese HG/SS completely fixed the AP.
Now, this.

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
well well...

So aside from the feedback in the first post,can someone confirm that this works from 0-8 badges and so on?Without freezing after 24 events etc?
Also what does V2 add?From V1 there were still freezing,so I can guess that this fixes everything?
Thanks
smile.gif

Also what a shame the scene has become,having a japanese hacker(s) do all the work

idn

Trophies
XP
Country
Pingouin7 said:
Now, this.
meaning what?

QUOTE(lolzed @ Mar 30 2010, 02:56 AM) So aside from the feedback in the first post,can someone confirm that this works from 0-8 badges and so on?Without freezing after 24 events etc?
Also what does V2 add?From V1 there were still freezing,so I can guess that this fixes everything?
it seems so. at least from my point of view. did 0-3 badges in one go and still no freezes, going after fourth atm. I don't know how many events this is, but I've done 50 enter/exit sequences after starting the game and since that there must've been over 200 story and random ones. I didn't restart, load or turn off the NDS.

Tac 21

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sometimes my save is corrupted and it reloads the previous save...

what triggers this? it's happened before the patch too..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    D @ dadadad: блядь