• Total voters

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
I posted this poll on the official UK Xbox forums but it got removed, so I thought I'd ask on here where it's a little more free! MS claim that only a small minority of people suffer from RROD, I only actually know of 1 person personally who's never been hit by the RROD. How many people here have been hit by the RROD of death at least once? Have you been through more than one machine? Would you say you used it an excessive amount?

If you've never been hit by it do you consider yourself lucky? What I mean by that is do you believe that most 360's are prone to fail at some point or that people just abuse their consoles?

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
pilotwangs said:
Never had it before but my bawks has frozen a few times.
Last night,for instance,it froze on the Resi 5 demo.

Were you playing off the hdd or from a disc? My 360 used to freeze on GTA4 and a couple others but it stopped completely when I started running everything from the hdd.

Zerrix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I got a Falcon Board. Until now nothing happened
wink.gif

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've had it twice. First machine went after 8 months , second machine went after 2 years. Both were new consoles (not warranty repairs ) , both treated exactly the same and both the same model (203w , no hdmi). Second machine works now after I fixed it , but I guess it still counts as it did happen.

Usage of them depends on what games are out , but at the moment I'd say it gets 3+ hours a day usage. Wouldn't say that's excessive , I've played all my other consoles just as much and they are fine. 360 build quality is just crap
frown.gif

pilotwangs

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
TrolleyDave said:
pilotwangs said:
Never had it before but my bawks has frozen a few times.
Last night,for instance,it froze on the Resi 5 demo.

Were you playing off the hdd or from a disc? My 360 used to freeze on GTA4 and a couple others but it stopped completely when I started running everything from the hdd.

HDD, I don't think it's anything I should worry about, but it did make me a little paranoid for the rest of the night.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
TrolleyDave said:
I posted this poll on the official UK Xbox forums but it got removed, so I thought I'd ask on here where it's a little more free! MS claim that only a small minority of people suffer from RROD, I only actually know of 1 person personally who's never been hit by the RROD. How many people here have been hit by the RROD of death at least once? Have you been through more than one machine? Would you say you used it an excessive amount?

yeah, typical microsoft to hide the real truth about their machines.

QUOTE(Armadillo @ Jan 31 2009, 04:31 PM) 360 build quality is just crap
frown.gif

said it like a pro my friend.

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
No RROD yet, but I've only had it for like... almost 2 months now, I think.

However, kinda weird... but whenever I play Guitar Hero World Tour and click the button to start the game when using the guitar, the game freezes every time. (I'm talking about like when you're in the NXE menu and it shows the little GHWT picture and you click there to start the game, you know?) I always have to press the button with a controller for the game to work.

gaboumafou

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I got a near-lauch Xbox, and it never RRODed. But now, the warranty is almost over, and I'm afraid it will die on me just when it's too late to get it repaired... :S

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My modded one that I got in Feb. 06 died in December 07, sent it in to Microsoft and it got fixed up and it hasen't red ringed since. I've gotten a new Jasper within the past month and I'm curious if mine ever will or not.

R2DJ

Trophies
XP
Country
My 360 has been with me for a month and a half now. But it shouldn't be a thing to be worried about (if you still have a warranty). Like what Ace told me, the customer support is excellent so you can get a new one without problems.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not really worried about the RROD, I don't know anyone who's actually had a problem when it comes to getting it repaired. This is more of a curiousity thing. MS said it's about 10% of machines that fail, I've always reckoned it was alot higher.

With them having to pay compo to developers and people filing lawsuits in the States against MS for shoddy workmanship it just made me wonder what the actual ratio of failing to non-failing ratio was. You hear all the excuses from MS and fanboys that the number isn't as high as it seems because there's alot of people with no net and the people who it doesn't happen to don't complain.

Although this won't be any kind of figure that's usable for anything it gives you a good idea of peoples falure rates if you know what I mean. Looking at the poll so far it does seem to be alot higher than 10%!

@Gaisuto : Are you using the Jasper now or keeping it as a backup? I've got a Falcon and while it ain't running as hot as the previous models you can still feel a bit of heat coming out the back of it, does the Jasper run noticeably cooler?

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
I got RROD a year ago but I managed to fix it. Two of my friends got RROD in the same week in December. About 3/4 of the people I know who got a 360 have had it.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
I've always reckoned it was about 60% or so. Such a great console let down by such major flaws. Admittedly running everything of the hdd does keep the machine a hell of alot cooler, the discs aren't even warm when I take them out after hours of play.

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TrolleyDave said:
@Gaisuto : Are you using the Jasper now or keeping it as a backup? I've got a Falcon and while it ain't running as hot as the previous models you can still feel a bit of heat coming out the back of it, does the Jasper run noticeably cooler?
I use it as my main one now, I gave the old one to my brother. Transfered my licenses and everything onto this one. The Jasper still feels warm behind the console while it's on if that's what you're wondering.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Falcon RROD'd after 8 months. Using a refurb now. All of my IRL friends have gotten it, one of them got it 3 times so far.

Just to let people know, it felt completely cool before it RROD'd. There were no warning symptoms for me.

blueskies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope I didn't jinx myself by voting 'No' on this one. I've had mine since April '08 (April 20th to be exact
biggrin.gif
) and play occasionally. Never had any freezes or RROD. I don't know what version mobo is in there though.

gekiwolf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I got it once then got a refurb from MS. Then the refurb got it and they fixed it. Now I feel like I have a bomb in my room. lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: i think im a bad person