RPGHax was released!

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by MrJason005, Aug 20, 2017.

1. MrJason005
    OP

MrJason005 √2

Nov 26, 2014
    Greece
    Κάπου
    [​IMG]

This is a userland exploit for the free eShop title, RPG Maker Player!
    With it, you can run the homebrew launcher and run homebrew like region-free patching and some emulators.
    This Hax doesn't load a fully-compatible payload for other Homebrews (emu etc.)
    Please note, this will NOT give you CIA installation or CFW!

The following list may not work:

Code:
    +---------------+---------+------+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    |    Payload    | Region  | Lang |                                     Codes                                      |
    +---------------+---------+------+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    | N3DS EUR 11.5 | EUR/USA | DE   | pbwzwtnl                                                                       |
    | N3DS EUR 11.5 | EUR/USA | EN   | d1rb2ybu, 8n7epf2w, 124zdbaw, cevdqeg5, 2bg42azv, 91pa3re6, 6uegtkwg           |
    | N3DS EUR 11.5 | EUR/USA | IT   | y3rhgzf4                                                                       |
    | N3DS JPN 11.5 | EUR/USA | EN   | 1kbncwvq, 3ge8lj6l, 4e0x6vvg                                                   |
    | N3DS USA 11.5 | EUR/USA | EN   | 4x6kqs4o, 1ii4fx0e, bujgfyq4, 5pankn0j, 3ny38t4p                               |
    | O3DS EUR 11.5 | EUR/USA | EN   | 2z2qx2z6, e8olwxzs, 5ly463ma, 9sf2816q, 3krc0cn2                               |
    | O3DS EUR 11.5 | EUR/USA | IT   | 466lxlja                                                                       |
    | O3DS JPN 11.5 | EUR/USA | DE   | 8yp89mh7                                                                       |
    | O3DS JPN 11.5 | EUR/USA | EN   | afkgvmk3, csd049qg, 8wtsf3w3, rtji9lxr, 573hus9i, 3heojid4                     |
    | O3DS USA 11.5 | EUR/USA | EN   | aczettg8, 6zkizigr, 5naemdok, b2xc3k9u, 61yc5qw0, 75rfu97n, d0nw84ps, 2kcbtp3y |

Credits goes to https://gist.github.com/saibotu/37bd29b94b1593f11954aa4ae4bbe4d9 for the codes

https://mrnbayoh.github.io/rpwng/

Last edited by MrJason005, Aug 24, 2017
  2. iAqua

iAqua

GBAtemp Patron
    iAqua is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 7, 2015
    Antarctica
    ayy nice one @mrnbayoh

3. RyanAnayaMc

RyanAnayaMc The ACE

Oct 5, 2015
    United States
    So if I'm reading this right, the exploited game is on the RPGMaker Fes online share thing? Wouldn't that mean that Nintendo could easily remove it?

4. Ryupower

Ryupower Brood

Oct 8, 2007
    United States
    it a "primary " but someone with CFW(and full game) is needed at 1st to upload the RPwnG for the region and 3ds type that you need
    then you can use that game code (then made when you upload the project for sharing) with the player to get the exploit

https://twitter.com/MrNbaYoh/status/899401829720764420
    if you can get RPwnGn working
    it might be a good idea to install and different exploit like stickerHax or OOThax
    to be safe and have a more reliable one

Last edited by Ryupower, Aug 21, 2017
    rileysrjay and Quantumcat like this.
  5. TheCyberQuake

TheCyberQuake Certified Geek

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    It's actually called RPwnG. I'm glad to have been one of the uploaders to help with this release!

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

It's technically primary, but only because people who already have CFW (needed to patch the upload process to preserve the exploit) uploaded hacked games.
    So it's like this strange middle ground between primary and secondary, but leans more towards primary. Reminds me of doodlebomb.

6. Phoetux

Phoetux Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 19, 2017
    Italy
    In a Basement
    Works on my N3DS XL (11.5.0-38E), even tho it crashes sometimes when you try to start homebrew. But you just need to try and try again until it works.

[​IMG]

7. DarkWeegee

DarkWeegee Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 4, 2015
    United States
    It crashes back to the home menu for me. Guess I'm sticking with doodlebomb

8. Phoetux

Phoetux Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 19, 2017
    Italy
    In a Basement
    Be sure you added the hombrew starter files in the boot of your 3ds sd. If you did every exact step of the guide correctly then try to run homebrew again and again until it works. I had to try 5 times and got me back to the home menu too when I tried to run homebrew for the 2nd time, but then it worked again. Like I said, it just crashes easily.

9. DarkWeegee

DarkWeegee Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 4, 2015
    United States
    I did the steps but no luck

10. Ryupower

Ryupower Brood

Oct 8, 2007
    United States
    make sure you do get the right RPwnG for your 3ds type and region

11. TheCyberQuake

TheCyberQuake Certified Geek

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Currently collecting data of crashes VS success on twitter.
    Hoping to find something common that is causing the issue. I'll notify with further info if I find anything

12. zSyntex

zSyntex Berserker of myself.

GBAtemp Patron
    zSyntex is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Aug 16, 2017
    Italy
    Bari, Apulia
    Okay, after I execute the HBL how could I get the CFW with FBI ecc.?
    Why I need to run steelhax after the RPGMakerhax (RPwnG)?

13. dAVID_

dAVID_ Carpinter's Apprentice

Oct 23, 2016
    Mexico
    The Game
    Good job on finding this exploit!

I am worried that The Homebrew Launcher is slowly starting to die as an entry point for running homebrew.
    Sure, users who don't have access to CFW are going to use it because there's no other way, but CFW users
    can just replace an app with the boot.3dsx on their SD card or run a CIA and use that homebrew instead of
    manually opening up the homebrew launcher to choose the app.

R4zr_Sh4rp likes this.
  14. lone_wolf323

lone_wolf323 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 27, 2011
    Canada
    If your using 11.4 or 11.5 with this hax its only userland entry. ya aint getting cfw anytime soon with this exploit

zSyntex likes this.
  15. zSyntex

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Aug 16, 2017
    Italy
    Bari, Apulia
    Yep, I know that. But why people told me to run another hax from HBL, the steelhax, if I run the HBL from the primary hax (RPGmaker).
    What could steeldriverhax offer plus than this..?

I'm really confused, sorry.. :)

16. lone_wolf323

May 27, 2011
    Canada
    Ahhhh. no worries. Some people are saying that once you can get this to load. Then from there you do have a few options of also installing other primary entrypoints other than just this one for the system

zSyntex likes this.
  17. Ryupower

Ryupower Brood

Oct 8, 2007
    United States
    you want a 2nd entry point to be safe, WHEN an update come to the player that can BLOCK the exploit and it is not the most reliable one you can use, OOThax or stickerHax can work fine

it good to have a few entry points just in just something get blocked at some point

zSyntex likes this.
  18. zSyntex

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Aug 16, 2017
    Italy
    Bari, Apulia
    Ah, so there is a secondary entrypoints. Ofc I read every hax on the smealum site.
    Now, I read on the MrNbayo twitter that he and some user ask to CFW people to share their file.
    For what purpose?

Sorry for this question, but I'm "newbie" in 3DS Hacking :D

Last edited by zSyntex, Aug 21, 2017
  19. jag272

jag272 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 15, 2014
    For what its worth then, on the same setup as Phoetux, N3DS XL (11.5.0-38E), using code "d1rb2ybu" and I'm getting the crashing when I try to load the save. Still trying while typing this, as Phoetux said it took a few attempts, but I'm seeing the same thing so far.

Getting the whole return to homescreen and reboot thing.

20. lone_wolf323

May 27, 2011
    Canada
    CFW is required for patching the save file to allow for the stock 11.4 and 11.5 systems to run the file and boot into the homebrew launcher. He has been asking people to create these files with their consoles to allow for more gameID codes for others to be able to use.