RPG GBA rom trimmer

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by DaMummy, Aug 24, 2008.

Aug 24, 2008

RPG GBA rom trimmer by DaMummy at 5:18 PM (1,846 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. DaMummy
    OP

Member DaMummy GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    i know this is prolly the wrong forum to ask in, but since im using the rpg for this, i might as well ask here, is there a gba rom trimmer like there is for nds files(ndstokyotrimmer) one that would succesfully work with AKAIO 1.2?

edit:one that would do more than one rom at a time

2. IOwnAndPwnU

Member IOwnAndPwnU GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    GBA roms are small enough anyway. Why would you need a trimmer .. unless your card is less than 1GB.

3. Searinox

Member Searinox Just a taste~ ;3

Romania
    There is GBATA which will shrink ROMs down but it doesn't do much trust me. You get 0.5-2MB out at most, and no you cannot put more than one ROM at a time on the slot-2 device. This isn't a problem with the ROM size alone, it's also the way the flashcarts were built to work.

4. Maikel Steneker

Member Maikel Steneker M3 Fanboy

Netherlands
    Funny that you mention it. NDSTokyoTrim does also trim GBA roms [​IMG]

5. IOwnAndPwnU

Member IOwnAndPwnU GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    But seriously, what's the point in trimming GBA roms unless you have a card less than a Gig. Like, I don't think anyone is desperate enough to try to save up to 2MB on their card.

6. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    Actually, if you have one of the full featured slot2 cards (Supercard, M3, etc.) they usually trim the GBA ROM when you patch them with their patching software.

7. Searinox

Member Searinox Just a taste~ ;3

Romania
    I actually trim mine. XD The option's right there when I open 'em up in GBATA to patch SRAM so I figured, why not? At 30 GBA ROMs it saves up space for one DS game.

8. DaMummy
    OP

Member DaMummy GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    i dont mean to put more than one gba rom into 3in1, i mean to trim more than one rom at a time instead of doing them one by one, and hmm now i gotta look into if tokyo trimmer really works on gba, and im trimming them because theres many gba roms that are bigger than many nds roms, plus i also have about 30 gba roms on my 4gb sdhc, and now the rest is full off nds roms and im tryin to make some space

9. dib

Member dib GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    I don't know, why are some people so desperate to chime in on every topic even when they have nothing to contribute and cannot answer the question? Figure that one out, and you may have your answer.

DaMummy--since the RPG detects as a drive and doesn't require a loader, you'll have to trim them yourself. Looking on Google real quick, I turned up this batch trimmer for GBA so hopefully it works out for you.

10. BrianTokyo

Member BrianTokyo NDSTokyoTrim Dev.

Japan
    Yep. You can drop in any roms, be it GBA or NDS all mixed, NDSTokyoTrim will do them in batch.