Hacking Rosalina won't start

joushuu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all. Is someone able to help me with this process? I fear that I may have screwed something up pretty badly and I'd really appreciate it if someone was able to help me troubleshoot.

Short version: I did everything in the instructions, including the instructions for getting the CFW in the first place. But when it game time to load up the latest version of the BootNTR, the first time I tried, it loaded, but didn't respond to anything and appeared to have stalled/crashed. I tried again, and from then on, it failed to be able to boot up the program. I tried selecting other versions, but none of them worked. The troubleshooting said I should tried reinstalling it, but reinstalling didn't change anything. It just tried to auto-start the latest version, which then failed. So I did what was probably the worst thing to do, and I formatted the SD card in an attempt to start over. I appear to be fine, except now the Rosalina program won't start. Now in the download section nor the home menu. Maybe I didn't reinstall it correctly? I have no idea how to even determine where/what the main issue may be.

Can someone hold my hand for this? I really don't want to have wasted a bunch of money buying this system. I was really looking forward to finally being able to playing my 3ds with my wife and children...

If more information is needed, I'd be happy to provide as much as I can. Help?

joushuu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ugh... sweet relief. It's working now. At least the Rosalina part. At this time, no idea if the rest will work. Hopefully it will.

Thank you for the commenting.

Reactions: Quantumcat

joushuu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so first problem as I'm redoing this... uh... the instructions say to copy the essential.exefs file out of the gm9/out/ folder... and that file doesn't exist. I assume it's fine? But also it's not saying to delete it so I have concerns... should I just keep going? It appears that I'm done after that last step, so maybe it's fine? Or maybe this is the reason why it failed originally?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Okay so first problem as I'm redoing this... uh... the instructions say to copy the essential.exefs file out of the gm9/out/ folder... and that file doesn't exist. I assume it's fine? But also it's not saying to delete it so I have concerns... should I just keep going? It appears that I'm done after that last step, so maybe it's fine? Or maybe this is the reason why it failed originally?
Try this
If you want, you can just go in gm9, sysnand virtual and copy the essential.exefs to gm9/out.

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Since your problem is solved and all, I'll just say this because apparently someone (YOU:P) didn't read the notes on the Luma release page clearly stating BootNTR is no longer supported as of the latest version, ALWAYS read release notes, even if you don't understand half the stuff in them, 99% of compatibility issues come from not reading the notes beforehand!

joushuu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since your problem is solved and all, I'll just say this because apparently someone (YOU:P) didn't read the notes on the Luma release page clearly stating BootNTR is no longer supported as of the latest version, ALWAYS read release notes, even if you don't understand half the stuff in them, 99% of compatibility issues come from not reading the notes beforehand!

You are correct. I didn't. But in my defense, I was much more concerned with blindly following my instructions than reading the patch notes. I'm not saying that's a good defense, I'm just saying I have no idea what I'm doing. But that might explain what might hurt my going forward with this. Can you advise on what I need to do, if anything? Or am I past the part of needing to be concerned about it?

It didn't copy the entire thing... but anyway. Thank you so much for your continued help on this. If you could help me a bit further... I'm not sure what it's talking about? The GM download doesn't have that file anywhere that I can see. Nor the sysnand mention either. Where is it supposed to come from? I'm not seeing it on the download site either. But as ThoD has noticed, perhaps I'm not the most observant person for this stuff, and I missed it.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, I have luma 9.1 for ntr. however, there have been a few times where it crashed just using the boot selector or that it was no longer in memory (i.e. exiting an app that autoexits, which I think ntr has a version for. the auto exit I think is part of the boot selector too).

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
You are correct. I didn't. But in my defense, I was much more concerned with blindly following my instructions than reading the patch notes. I'm not saying that's a good defense, I'm just saying I have no idea what I'm doing. But that might explain what might hurt my going forward with this. Can you advise on what I need to do, if anything? Or am I past the part of needing to be concerned about it?

It didn't copy the entire thing... but anyway. Thank you so much for your continued help on this. If you could help me a bit further... I'm not sure what it's talking about? The GM download doesn't have that file anywhere that I can see. Nor the sysnand mention either. Where is it supposed to come from? I'm not seeing it on the download site either. But as ThoD has noticed, perhaps I'm not the most observant person for this stuff, and I missed it.
He's not talking about a file you download, but how to get it out of your system so you can copy it to your computer for safe keeping. He says to go into GM9 (hold Start on boot up), go into sysNAND virtual, and use the controls to copy the file from system memory to the out folder on your SD card. If you aren't sure how to use GodMode9 have a look at https://3ds.guide/godmode9-usage which explains how to do common tasks, reading through different sets of steps should get you familiar with how the menu works.

joushuu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OH! That makes more sense. I have the file now. Continuing! YAY! This is looking good!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

IT WORKS!! IT FREAKING WORKS! I'M SO HAPPY! My wife and I bought pokemon sun when it came out. We tried to play together but just couldn't. It hurt our respective necks so much. BUT NOW I CAN SHOW HER THE COMPUTER OMG THIS IS FANTASTIC THANK YOU EVERYONE!

And thank you so much for your help, Quantumcat. I'm very excited about this.

joushuu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't work anymore. I think Nintendo pushed out an update? The NTR CFW fails to start now. It's complaining about how the Firmware is unknown. Is there an update to download? Or something to refresh it or whatever?

Edit: It occurs to me that perhaps there's a better location for this issue to be resolved. If that's the case, please let me know and I'd be happy to copy this somewhere else. Otherwise, I'm just trying to figure out how to get NTR CFW to function again.

Last edited by joushuu,
Reactions: Deleted-236924

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It doesn't work anymore. I think Nintendo pushed out an update? The NTR CFW fails to start now. It's complaining about how the Firmware is unknown. Is there an update to download? Or something to refresh it or whatever?

Edit: It occurs to me that perhaps there's a better location for this issue to be resolved. If that's the case, please let me know and I'd be happy to copy this somewhere else. Otherwise, I'm just trying to figure out how to get NTR CFW to function again.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/bootntr-selector-v2-13-1-released-adds-fw-11-12-luma-10-support.551782/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Water park was quite fun
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Water park was quite fun