ROPLoader on 4.5 XL

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by sonic2756, Jan 11, 2014.

1. sonic2756
    OP

sonic2756 Friendly Neighborhood Wolf

Feb 3, 2010
    United States
    Denver, CO
    Currently trying to get ROPLoader working on my 4.5 XL. Exploit seems to install properly but trying to launch any Launcher.dat gives me the "an error has occurred" dialog box. Launching DS games after the exploit is a hit or miss. Sometimes it works, sometimes it gives me the "an error has occurred" screen. Checking the DS Profile after getting a game to launch gives me this: http://d.pr/i/x3Dc.

Any help would be appreciated!

Edit: I've done system format many times to no prevail.

2. nop90

nop90 GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 11, 2014
    Italy
    Rome
    Same situation on a 3DS with firmware 4.5.0-6E.

Tried several times with ROPLoader v0.0.0.2 from a DSTwo card. Every time I had to do a system format to restore DS mode.

3. voddy

voddy No Title Available

Jul 14, 2013
    United States
    Its buggy as hell, sadly. Once it is running there s no problem anymore!
    First time I tried to get this running it just took me 2 tried. But the next time, after I played a NDS Game, it took around 30 tries.
    Some say its faster to try another SD Card ... just dont give up and try a precompiled launcher.dat (not the gateway one! for example the ramdumper or a simple hello world!)
    The Ramdumper gives back an error too! if you see a dump.bin on the root of your sd card it worked! if theres no such file it didnt work... its easier to determine if it worked using a hello world example.

Anyway, don't give up...

4. mathieulh

mathieulh GBAtemp Fan

Feb 28, 2008
    France
    The ROP loader worked at first try here, but maybe I am lucky.

5. nop90

nop90 GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 11, 2014
    Italy
    Rome
    voddy:
    Thanks, I'll try with an other fresh formatted sd and with a R4 instead of the DSTwo. For launcher.dat, I tried the rom dumper and a couple of other versions compiled by me, but from what a can see the the injected ROP doesn't work at all, so the file on the SD isn't loaded.

I did not try the GW hack, and i will not. I don't trust their SW and I dont want to brick the 3DS since I'm using my son's one ;-)

6. nop90

nop90 GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 11, 2014
    Italy
    Rome
    Solved. After installing the exploit, I have to remove the cart before pressing the Home button. This way it works fine.

7. json

json MUSCLEMAN

Aug 9, 2013
    Burkina Faso
    This is pretty cool. Good job!

8. Abcdfv

Abcdfv What comes around goes around.

Dec 24, 2013
    United States
    I've never had any issues just pressing home instead of A to exit.