roms per card limitation?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by bobbintb, Dec 28, 2013.

1. bobbintb
    OP

bobbintb Member

Newcomer
    Nov 26, 2008
    United States
    are all of the flashcarts still limited to only one rom per sd card? all my research says so but i wasnt sure if i missed anything. and is it likely that this will be resolved in a future firmware update? hopefully it wont require a new flashcart upgrade.

2. Lyrra

Lyrra Member

Newcomer
    Dec 19, 2013
    United States
    Right now, you can't put more than one ROM per microSD card. However, Gateway promised multi rom functionality before 2014.

3. Saturosias

Saturosias Sakura-sō Resident

Dec 27, 2010
    United States
    According to their [official?] Twitter, it's probable that it'll come after 2014 as they "won't work on the holidays".
    Edit: Or probably isn't theirs, as said below, just saw that a few days ago and saw it dating back to June 3rd, wasn't sure.

4. kyogre123

kyogre123 Mexican Pride

Sep 23, 2013
    Mexico
    The clarified that their only source is their main website and their sales email:

5. bobbintb
    OP

bobbintb Member

Newcomer
    Nov 26, 2008
    United States
    that's good to hear. does anyone know about the other cards? i was thinking about the r4i gold 3ds deluxe edition.

6. goober

goober GBAtemp Regular

Jun 14, 2006
    United States
    All the other cards, except MAYBE MT-Card (wait and see), are clones of Gateway. Eventually, they'll be obsolete because almost all clones get locked out (no more leeching on updates) eventually for gen1 stuff. Speculation is that Gateway will do that soon. Basically, for now at least, you get what you pay for.

7. Kane49

Kane49 GBAtemp Fan

Nov 4, 2013
    Gambia, The

MT Card can utilize multiple roms on a single SD, as far as i know they use a hardware solution and multiple partitions.