Hacking ROMS for (EU)

J

Jackreyes

yes.
But EU also have other european languages sometimes
and sometimes games are changed slightly dependant on the continent they are released in.

Jax

Pip Pip Cheerioink!
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
(E) roms are released in Europe and may contain more languages other than english, while (U) roms are released on the US and have only english language, sometimes others.

EDIT: Darnit, beaten by a milisecond!
tongue.gif

noONE

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
EU is usually multilanguage, like Multi5 which often contains german, english , french ,italian and spanish
while US is most often only english and sometimes maybe spanish.
other than that, the're not that different, also they tend to "translate" brittish American english between the regions as well..

Edit: heh, i got beaten too
tongue.gif
:'(

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
+1 to everyone so far although noONE I still see color, honor and the like as well as imperial units in the vast amount of games I play.

Sometimes the Eu releases get bugs fixed too, the best example probably being GBA Tales of Phantasia and some of the final fantasy games (they still like font hacks though http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/130/ and http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/153/

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Does anyone know, do some Europe versions still use slightly different savefiles to the US releases? Just curious really, I know they sometimes used to on the GBA. If so it's something to consider if you buy a game at a later date and want to migrate your savefile to it.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Some saves are able to be used without issue but others have problems (FF3 Japanese version stored Japanese encoded names in the save which did not look nice in the US/Eu versions) and others just plain do not work.
It is more a coding issue than a save type one like Mr Driller 2 for the GBA though.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
often the extra languages take up a teeny bit of extra space, so if you're stingy about space saving on your card, you might be inclined to go for the (U) version.

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Does anyone know, do some Europe versions still use slightly different savefiles to the US releases? Just curious really, I know they sometimes used to on the GBA. If so it's something to consider if you buy a game at a later date and want to migrate your savefile to it.
I don't know for sure, but from experience sometimes
smile.gif

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Some saves are able to be used without issue but others have problems (FF3 Japanese version stored Japanese encoded names in the save which did not look nice in the US/Eu versions)...it is more a coding issue than a save type one like Mr Driller 2 for the GBA though.QUOTE(dice @ Jan 19 2008, 12:40 AM)I don't know for sure, but from experience sometimes
smile.gif
Thanks guys. That's what made me say it, because I nearly did it
smile.gif
The game was out of stock so I'm racing two stores against each other to see which one gets it in first, and realised 2 weeks into the wait that my save was on the USA version. That one works fine with the European version, but just made me wonder if it was an issue on other titles.

BionicC

Trophies
XP
Country
often the extra languages take up a teeny bit of extra space, so if you're stingy about space saving on your card, you might be inclined to go for the (U) version.

Oddly enough, a few recent games (can't remember which off the top of my head) have been pretty much the same for both versions, despite the fact that the US release is only in English (or MU3 at most) whereas the European release is MU5 -- the European version occasionally being a fraction smaller.

I haven't bothered delving into them to see if all languages are present in both releases, just without the option to select them in the US one (as is the case with Sim City IIRC).

Another European release that differs to the US one is Zookeeper -- I believe the European release is the bugfixed one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast +1