Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The feature I'm waiting the most is .zip support
smile.gif

co-sign.

"ME is the BIGGEST MISTAKE in Microsoft history"

co-co-sign.. your better off playing in traffic then using it.

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
It seems like the scanning stops when it sees a homebrew, When I add games manually they would all work.

Allright, I know the problem. When Rominator scans the homebrew it's looking for parts in the rom that might not possibly exist, therefore causing an error. This doesn't happen to all homebrew, but some.

Bear in mind, I didn't design Rominator with homebrew in mind either.

--Henry

Maupi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think this program is great!!!
I just LOVE the way you don't have to zip the files! I use an M3 Simply which needs unzipped files. This way I don't have to unzip each file manually to copy it to my flashcard!

One little thing: it's a bit slow... Everytime I click a gametitle it starts "thinking" a few seconds before showing the additional info. I guess this is because it reads stuff in realtime. Maybe it would be possible to re-think the external datafile-method. Kinda feel this would be faster...

Apart from that: just love it!!! Going to make a donation right now! ;-)))

yukine

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why on EARTH are you using Windows ME!?!?!

ME is the BIGGEST MISTAKE in Microsoft history
tongue.gif

Whether if it works or not, I wouldn't know, but I wouldn't support it either. As far as I know though, it'll supposedly work with Windows 98 and up.

I've already mentioned before, the Missing Box Art will crash the program. However, Save Association shouldn't. If you can recreate an issue, let me know.

Also, one of you mentioned that your program stops working halfway through scanning... If you can find out why, let me know. I have one guy who scans every game that's been released without a hassle.

Regards.

Trust me, I know. My XP machine... the USB port ceased to work for whatever reason. Thus I have to rely on my old laptop running Windows ME to use the SD card reader.

I tried using Rominator on the ME machine, but it gives some sort of database error. Ah well.... I guess I'll have to use it some other time.

beautifulbeast

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@iwakura: I don't know where the default location it (too lazy to check for it now), but you can always configure it from Tools>Settings>Locations, both the folder where you will store your roms locally and the one where you want them flashed in your flash card.
Enjoy!

kknn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks for the "full" linux support, although it is very buggy
tongue.gif

Segfaults for me upon start in linux, before it even gets to render a window.
When run from valgrind it manages to start though, veeeery slooooowly, but then it is so slow it is barely usable.
I might check it out again when it has matured a bit
smile.gif

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
thanks for the "full" linux support, although it is very buggy
tongue.gif

Segfaults for me upon start in linux, before it even gets to render a window.
When run from valgrind it manages to start though, veeeery slooooowly, but then it is so slow it is barely usable.
I might check it out again when it has matured a bit
smile.gif

Since there are so many Linux builds out there, I cannot possibly make it compatible for every single one of them. I have a Linux tester who has had no issues, although I'm not sure which build he's using.

Unfortunately I can't take Linux bug reports into consideration since each one will treat the program differently
frown.gif
There's no way I'll be able to achieve 100% with Linux, but it's there for those who can use it.

Regards.

Typhoe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

I'm also a Linux user and your prog works on my Notebook.

I'm using Ubuntu Dapper, and the rom directory is on an nfs share (+700 files).

It's indeed loading very slowly, but at least it works.

So far, I have not tried to do anything except listing my roms, but I greatly appreciate this linux version of your rom lister.

The only "problems" I noticed are:

+The display of some info is wrong (see screenshot below)
+At launch, the programme opens a big "grey window", runs my cpu very high for 5s (I have a P4 2GHz), then draws the Rominator window (it then reduces the size of the window to the size of the screenshot).

Rominator_3.1.1_linux.png

If you can do something for the display that would be great.
As for the slow initializing time, I'm not sure you can do anything...

Regards,
Typhoe

edit: Spelling...

iwakura

HHNNNNNNGGGG
Trophies
Website
flashcartreviews.com
XP
Country
United States

spawnraf

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Is it possible to keep the rom where they are when you add them?
I've sorted the games in different folders, but when I add them to the list, they are automatically copied in the Romminator folder...

For everything else, rominator is perfect, thank you!

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Is it possible to keep the rom where they are when you add them?
I've sorted the games in different folders, but when I add them to the list, they are automatically copied in the Romminator folder...

For everything else, rominator is perfect, thank you!

The idea of Rominator is to have all of your games organized into ONE directory, and within Rominator make different game lists organizing the games however you'd like. If you drag a game onto Rominator, it'll copy it to the Games folder you've specified.

Put all your games in one folder, and select that folder as your Games folder
smile.gif

Regards.

blade85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont really see the point of this, it just shows what games you have?

I think that going to my computer and then the microsd drive is easier than this.....

The only real difference is the pictures......

But if people like it, then w/e lol, its just my opinion, im not bashing or anything but i just dont get it

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
I dont really see the point of this, it just shows what games you have?

I think that going to my computer and then the microsd drive is easier than this.....

The only real difference is the pictures......

But if people like it, then w/e lol, its just my opinion, im not bashing or anything but i just dont get it

The only real difference is the pictures?

You've obviously NEVER used this, now have you? Would you think that I spent all this time working on it so that you can see your games 'with pictures'?

• You can view the game's internal icon, data such as the internal name, country, genre, release group, etc, and box art as well
• The program can rename your games to the official release names
• An entire icon modification system; store a collection of icons in the database and change them by simple drag and drop
• Trim off the excess junk from a rom, with safe trimming included to preserve WiFi access
• Game Trainers; If a game has a trainer available, you can choose the patches and Rominator will patch it on the fly when it flashes
• Organized game lists and smart lists to only display the requested content
• Rom Statistics; view which games you have, and which ones you are missing.
• Rom queue to queue up games to be flashed, and then have them all flash at once.

That's only a *few* of the cool things Rominator does.

Not to mention, for v3.1.2 being released tonight, I've completed the Extensive Save System, which is one of the best save systems I've seen available out there.

Now tell me, can you do all of that by just 'browsing your micro sd card'?

Didn't think so.

Regards.

Kaphis

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
no zip = 0

sorry~ good and all but to ask for $500 is bit steep, thanks for all the work that you have done, hope you get enough money but I will just keep using the free one from DS-X ..I think o.o

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.