Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
ferrariman said:
Cheats are for people who donated only
lecture.gif

Not true, only AUTO UPDATING is for registered users. Standard users can still download the database.

QUOTESame here. How does Rominator look for the correct location of hte cheat file?? - I mean does it search for the file depending on the flash card type or does it look up a relative path considering the chosen card type??

Clearer: I have an M3 Real, chose it BUT while creating I did not choose the root directory of the card for the ROMS and I did not choose NDS. I chose a different folder. Now when Rominator tries to locate the cheats.db does it maybe thing the Rom directory is root or NDS and tries to access SYSTEM and that doesn't work or does it really search for a file called cheats.db??

Rominator looks for the correct location based on the flash card you select. It's pre-programmed to know the correct location of the folder where the cheats go to. Here's the process it takes:
• It doesn't matter WHERE on your flash card the game folder is set to, it can be E:\Games\My Games\Favourite Games, and Rominator will scan back until it finds the root of the drive.
• Rominator will then check to see if the folder for the cheats exists (aka if it's CycloDS Evolution, it will look for the 'CycloDS' folder. Or if it's an R4, it will look for the '_system_' folder.). If it does not exist, Rominator creates it.
• Once that passes, it downloads the cheat database, and overwrites the existing one.

Send me feedback through Rominator and provide the following information:
• Your OS
• Flash card type selected
• The path of your flash card chosen in Rominator.

I'll do some testing this weekend.

Oli181

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Does it only update the xml cheat file for acekard 2? anyway to change it to update the .dat cheat file instead

pellOttO

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
hankchill said:
stephenvz said:
hi i updated to 2008.9 today and for some reason my rominator wasnt registered anymore so i tried to add the serial number but it freezes...

i get the message saying thank you for donating but then it freezes and crashes... any idea on what i should try and do... oh and im using windows vista and havnt had any problems with rominator until 2008.9 (missed 2008.8)

There's only a couple ways Rominator would un-register itself:
• You deleted the file containing the registration info
• You reinstalled your OS

As for the crashes, I don't think that would be Rominator. I've tested in Vista myself and cannot say I've had it crash while using it. Can anyone else attest to Rominator crashing in Vista when trying to register?
Mine is also crashing in Vista when trying to register.

Brenex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just registered yesterday in Vista SP1 with no problems. Long time user, first time contributor (to my defense I have been away from my computer for the last few months heh!)

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Rominator crashing in Vista is not a Rominator issue. I did lots of testing in Vista the past couple days and did not experience the issues a few of you have. Keep in mind Vista is a very unstable and incompatible OS, so other things you have running on your system may contribute to other software to not work, such as Rominator.

QUOTE said:
Does it only update the xml cheat file for acekard 2? anyway to change it to update the .dat cheat file instead

You need to read the quick-start guide. I won't answer this.
wink.gif

On a happy note, version 2008.10 has been release. On a not-happy note, you need to manually download it due to a bug in the previous versions.

Changes in v2008.10
[+/-] Started using previous compiler again; the Rominator Libs folder isn't needed, feel free to trash it. The new compiler had problems with Windows Vista as well
[FIX] Fixed bug where cheats would not auto-update on the flash card if Save Defender was inactive
[FIX] Fixed a couple bugs with checking for and downloading cheats for some users
[FIX] Fixed an update bug that would not allow an update past v2008.9 (did not recognize v2008.10 as an updatable version)
[+/-] Redesigned the Preferences/Settings window to accommodate for additional features being added in
[+] Added option to delete missing games from list upon refreshing, instead of deleting them all the time
[+] Added the ability to change the naming method for games that have 'The' in the title. For example, you can make 'Incredible Hulk, The' into 'The Incredible Hulk'
[+] Added a new feature for the DS Game Catalog: The ability to view Metacritic Scores and Descriptions. The option to enable this can be found under the General Settings
Download for Mac OS X
Download for Windows

After updating to v2008.10, you will be able to update to every forthcoming version without a problem.

Regards,
--Henry

BrianTokyo

NDSTokyoTrim Dev.
Trophies
Website
www.eden.fm
XP
Country
hankchill said:
Keep in mind Vista is a very unstable and incompatible OS, so other things you have running on your system may contribute to other software to not work, such as Rominator.

Let me argue with that opinion, Vista is the most stable and reliable OS Microsoft has ever produced.

How does the registration work? If you are trying to write anything under /program files you'll need to provide a manifest or a COM object to raise UAC permission dialog, in the case the user has UAC on or is using a non-admin account.

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
BrianTokyo said:
hankchill said:
Keep in mind Vista is a very unstable and incompatible OS, so other things you have running on your system may contribute to other software to not work, such as Rominator.

Let me argue with that opinion, Vista is the most stable and reliable OS Microsoft has ever produced.

How does the registration work? If you are trying to write anything under /program files you'll need to provide a manifest or a COM object to raise UAC permission dialog, in the case the user has UAC on or is using a non-admin account.

It's not really an opinion, it's more a fact
tongue.gif

No I'm not calling anything to program files. It's going to the ~User/AppData/Roaming folder, which shouldn't be an issue, because the Rominator Data folder is there and writes to it just fine. It's just causing problems writing to the registration file in the Roaming folder, and it only happens to few users, which is why it isn't a Rominator issue.

The new catalog is very nice, bigger scroll list and metacritic integration is thumbs up!

I knew it would be a welcome addition
wink.gif

El Bastardo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Brenex said:
The new catalog is very nice, bigger scroll list and metacritic integration is thumbs up!

It really is. I have to admit the old design was not very appealing and also I wanted to use it I found it visually not useful enough. This one is usable... aww it's sweeeet -_^

[Irony mode on] It became really hard to find critisism for Rominator and bugs are also rarer... boooooooring [Irony mode off]!!

stephenvz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hankchill said:
stephenvz said:
hi i updated to 2008.9 today and for some reason my rominator wasnt registered anymore so i tried to add the serial number but it freezes...

i get the message saying thank you for donating but then it freezes and crashes... any idea on what i should try and do... oh and im using windows vista and havnt had any problems with rominator until 2008.9 (missed 2008.8)

There's only a couple ways Rominator would un-register itself:
• You deleted the file containing the registration info
• You reinstalled your OS

As for the crashes, I don't think that would be Rominator. I've tested in Vista myself and cannot say I've had it crash while using it. Can anyone else attest to Rominator crashing in Vista when trying to register?

Thanks for the reply i worked out it wasnt a rominator problem it was my little brother deleteing things he shouldnt in a result a few days later i started having problems with other programs as well im in the process of reinstalling windows and all my prgrams so that should fix rominator....

questXtreme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hey, I really like the update, especially the part where you have that "Alternate Renaming Method", that part totally put a grin on my face.
yaynds.gif

LordMelkor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The metacritic thing in the game catalog is awesome, are you going to do further integration of that (like having that info in the rom info menu? or having the option to have the metacritic score to appear in the game list)

one thing though, I get a lot of inconsistency when adding those sorting bars, (eg. Name, Number, WiFi, Size, etc) a lot of the time they don't appear.

questXtreme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
One thing I want to know is that when Rominator auto trimmed a rom after adding it into the list, why doesn't the size properties change when I go check on the roms itself? For example, "Nanashi No Game"'s original size was 64 mb, and after auto trimming it, rominator states that it is now 61mb , but when I go to the folder that the rom is in and check the rom size, it still says 64 mb.

D

Deleted User

I cant get anything to work on the 2008 verson ,is there any chance u can still release database updates for v5(which is working great)

The_Dude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LordMelkor said:
The metacritic thing in the game catalog is awesome, are you going to do further integration of that (like having that info in the rom info menu? or having the option to have the metacritic score to appear in the game list)

That's a great suggestion. It would be great to have the MetaCritic score on the main view!

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Keviii94 said:
My computers gets a virus with this app+o(

Blame your computer and your lack of antivirus software; you already have viruses that spread and infect other programs.

Why on earth would you think I would distribute software with viruses in it? It's almost insulting.

QUOTE said:
I cant get anything to work on the 2008 verson ,is there any chance u can still release database updates for v5(which is working great)

No. Anything before 2008 is unsupported.

QUOTE said:

I'll have to think of a way to do that without bogging down Metacritic's server.

One thing I want to know is that when Rominator auto trimmed a rom after adding it into the list, why doesn't the size properties change when I go check on the roms itself? For example, "Nanashi No Game"'s original size was 64 mb, and after auto trimming it, rominator states that it is now 61mb , but when I go to the folder that the rom is in and check the rom size, it still says 64 mb.

If you think it's a bug, file a bug report within Rominator, providing as much detail as you can.

Regards,
--Henry

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Probably alot better than a 660ti