OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Nightstalker said:
How come it doesn't recognize the Lego Indiana Jones rom? Is it too new?

Also who updates the database?

If you look at the current database release in Rominator, it's at 'Database Update 2330'. Lego Indiana Jones is 2332 and 2340. I'll let you do the math
smile.gif

I update the database. No worries, it'll happen today. I didn't do it yesterday because I was sick, and I'm still sick but you guys need an update
happy.gif

kmant91

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I love this program, but the newest version 2008.5 tends to lag on my computer when I'm moving it and takes about 5 seconds when I click on something. I'm using vista and some other versions gave me this problem too. Is there a solution to this or can I download some other versions if you still have them?

jamesquity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haven't used this program in a long time. I forgot about it and started manually renaming files, and i was like maybe there is a program that renames based on header info or crc check or something. I am very forgetful. I started using this program and it seems a little slower? I'm on XP SP2. Anyway im wondering if this program ever supported GBA roms, if not is there any type of GBA renamer. Also is there a way to rename the NDS roms when it is zipped. When it is zipped it renames the zip file but not .nds file.
thanks, this is a great program. Is all the cover images online and not in the program?

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
jamesquity said:
Haven't used this program in a long time. I forgot about it and started manually renaming files, and i was like maybe there is a program that renames based on header info or crc check or something. I am very forgetful. I started using this program and it seems a little slower? I'm on XP SP2. Anyway im wondering if this program ever supported GBA roms, if not is there any type of GBA renamer. Also is there a way to rename the NDS roms when it is zipped. When it is zipped it renames the zip file but not .nds file.
thanks, this is a great program. Is all the cover images online and not in the program?

No this does not support GBA games. When you rename a zip in Rominator, that's right, it doesn't rename any files actually inside the zip, but when flashing it to a card, it will inherit the name of the zip.

QUOTE said:
I love this program, but the newest version 2008.5 tends to lag on my computer when I'm moving it and takes about 5 seconds when I click on something. I'm using vista and some other versions gave me this problem too. Is there a solution to this or can I download some other versions if you still have them?

It's supposed to take a couple seconds to load, especially if you have large lists. Right now there's a bug with zip files that lags too, but that has been corrected for the next revision.

Do you think you could add a feature to auto-update the cheat file with Narin's cheat file?
That would be useful

As useful as that may be, I don't manage Narin's cheat files so Rominator would not know when there is a newer version available. Plus I would not want to link Rominator to a third party site, just incase that site were to ever go down
smile.gif
Sorry, that one can't happen.

--Henry

markmcrobie

Trophies
XP
I STILL can't drag and drop ROMS into Rominator, even in 2008.5. I use Windows Vista HP SP1 32 bit. No matter where on the Rominator window I hover the mouse over when dragging games, I get the little "no entry" symbol as the cursor, meaning I can't drop there. And I'm definitely viewing my main library in Rominator at the time.

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
markmcrobie said:
I STILL can't drag and drop ROMS into Rominator, even in 2008.5. I use Windows Vista HP SP1 32 bit. No matter where on the Rominator window I hover the mouse over when dragging games, I get the little "no entry" symbol as the cursor, meaning I can't drop there. And I'm definitely viewing my main library in Rominator at the time.

Be sure you follow these steps to be able to drag and drop games in:

• There is no main library. It is now List Based with no master library.
• Create a new game list, make sure it's a DS List and not a Flash Card
• Click on the DS list and it will then say 'Game List Loaded Successfully'
• From there you can drag your games on. Rominator only accepts .nds, .rz, and .zip. I have tested in Vista so I can confirm it works.

If you still are having troubles, submit a bug report and I'll work with you directly on it.

Regards,
--Henry

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
9-Voltage said:
Hey hank, how do you put in a flashcart into your computer?

I hope this is a joke.

If not, read the quickstart guide. It clearly states to take your MicroSD card and put it in the microwave for 30 seconds in preparation to insert it, and then eject your disc drive, put the card in there, and put the drive in. All done.

Diablo1123

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
QUOTE said:
Do you think you could add a feature to auto-update the cheat file with Narin's cheat file?
That would be useful

As useful as that may be, I don't manage Narin's cheat files so Rominator would not know when there is a newer version available. Plus I would not want to link Rominator to a third party site, just incase that site were to ever go down
smile.gif
If you see http://cheats.gbatemp.net/, the cheat files are named when they are lasted updated, beside that, I get the rest

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Diablo1123 said:
QUOTE said:
QUOTE said:
That would be useful

smile.gif
If you see http://cheats.gbatemp.net/, the cheat files are named when they are lasted updated, beside that, I get the rest

Hmmm.

Well, if he plans of keeping the same naming scheme then it's definitely something to think about. The Credits and Help file shows what card is for which cheat file, and where they go, so yeah looks like it may be possible
tongue.gif
I'll think about it
wink.gif

Spaceman016

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello hank

great program just started playing around with it
question, does this include a have/miss list? would be a cool feature

regards

markmcrobie

Trophies
XP
hankchill said:
markmcrobie said:

Be sure you follow these steps to be able to drag and drop games in:

• There is no main library. It is now List Based with no master library.
• Create a new game list, make sure it's a DS List and not a Flash Card
• Click on the DS list and it will then say 'Game List Loaded Successfully'
• From there you can drag your games on. Rominator only accepts .nds, .rz, and .zip. I have tested in Vista so I can confirm it works.

If you still are having troubles, submit a bug report and I'll work with you directly on it.

Regards,
--Henry

I think I'll have to - I'm sure I've followed all 4 steps. When I said "main library" I simply meant that's what I've called my DS list that looks at my ROMS folder. And it definitely is selected and "Game List Loaded Successfully" when I drag them over.

Diablo1123

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hankchill said:
Diablo1123 said:
QUOTE said:
QUOTE said:
That would be useful

smile.gif

Hmmm.

Well, if he plans of keeping the same naming scheme then it's definitely something to think about. The Credits and Help file shows what card is for which cheat file, and where they go, so yeah looks like it may be possible
tongue.gif
I'll think about it
wink.gif
biggrin.gif
I'll hope for the feature
smile.gif

leavemealone347

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hankchill said:
Diablo1123 said:
QUOTE said:
QUOTE said:
That would be useful

smile.gif

Hmmm.

tongue.gif
I'll think about it
wink.gif
I just wanted to put my opinion in there. DO IT! It would be so awesome!

Mejilan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey folks. I was hoping you could help me work out why my Rominator 2008.5 won't recognize my Summon Night: Twin Age ROM? I dumped it myself, and the game runs just fine on my CycloDS, but Rominator just won't CRC check it or auto-rename it. I get the following error:

Cannot rename '2337 Summon Night - Twin Age (U)'; No database info.

Strangely, if I manually look it up, it IS in the database (which currently goes up to 2343, IIRC.)

I've tried renaming/CRC'ing it both as an RZIP and as an NDS. Should I try to re-dump it? It's a 4-pass dump on my 3-in-1... very tedious.

Thanks in advance.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo