Dylan

100 MILES AND RUNNIN'
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
leavemealone347 said:
This looks like a great program! It is much more slick feeling!

I have a few questions though. How come my saves are not appearing in Rominator (I did find the folder that the old Rominator used but they are not showing up in 2008) and also I do not have those icons at the top of my window.

I guess I have the first bug because when I click on a ROM file my window looks like this:

picture14xa4.png

yeah same. so many features disappeared because of the donation thing now. using the old one because i have no credit card (im 15) and my parents will not use theirs.

Rascal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rominator 2008 is definitely much improved. Really loving the new interface. Quick question: When can we expect the next database update? I've got a few ROMS from the past 2 weeks that aren't showing up.

wilddenim

Candy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I really like the red bars where there are double copys of the game. Love that. I'm still struggling with saves - is there a way where you can upload all saves in one go?

Brilliant update!

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
I have the same problem except that I have a EZ Flash V. My OS is Windows XP SP2. The card is a 2 gig Kingston Japan via 2.0 usb card reader.

I'll see if I can try and reproduce the errors in Windows. So far, I am unable to, but I'll keep you posted!

QUOTE said:
does it play nice with networked drives yet?

Not sure
wink.gif
Give it a try!

QUOTE said:
Awesome, thanks, I'm loving v2008, and I finally got around to donating. Anyway, there is one thing I don't like about the new version; the save management system just seems awkward. The biggest issue I have with it is the small, unresizable (and unmovable and lacking close-button) window. For games with long names especially, its difficult to distinguish between multiple save files, as the endings get cut off. When dealing with large amounts of save files (like, say, reimporting all the saves from the previous version), the new setup is rather unwieldy and difficult. I know its not a large priority, but I'd also like an "export" button; when dealing with multiple saves (or, quite often, when I send a game to my card and forget to open the save file window and check the box), I have to dig through the saves folders to find them. While its not as much a hassle now that they're stored by name instead of number, it would still be a welcome feature.

I will consider making the save window a little bigger -- I'm not sure if Salamantis mentioned in the quickstart guide, but you can just press the 'Return' key and it will close the window too.

What I will also be doing is allowing for drag and drop -- Basically, you can drag and drop your games from the Finder or Windows Explorer into the Save window, and it will import it for that specific game. Same goes for the other way around, you can drag the file from the Save window and drop it on to the Finder or Explorer to copy it there.

QUOTEyeah same. so many features disappeared because of the donation thing now. using the old one because i have no credit card (im 15) and my parents will not use theirs.

That bug will be fixed today. In regards to features disappearing, there's a reason why. They were useless. When I took a poll, I got a lot of responses that over 90% did not use icon exporting, internal data editing, and a couple other small useless things
tongue.gif
I did not want to bloat Rominator 2008 so I kept the key features in, made them work nicely, and added a couple of extra features (Still more awesome features to come!) for those who support my work. I'm not sure what you would *need* in the old one that isn't available in the new one, even without the extra features.

I really like the red bars where there are double copys of the game. Love that. I'm still struggling with saves - is there a way where you can upload all saves in one go?
Actually, that red bar means your game is missing
wink.gif
There is no way to send all saves in 1 go because there's no way for Rominator to tell which game they are for :-} I'm going to make save handling easier for 2008.1.

Oh, and expect a database update today -- I know it's been a week and a half, but I've been so busy trying to get v2008 out the door that I haven't had time for the database update.

stefanol

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
It is really nice
smile.gif
What features are available after donating?

Also, hankchill, sorry for asking that (I know you have much work), but are you still planning adding GBA support, and game screenshots?

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
Also, hankchill, sorry for asking that (I know you have much work), but are you still planning adding GBA support, and game screenshots?

After I perfect the NDS side I may still consider GBA. Screenshots will be a lot of work, but I think I will be able to do it
wink.gif
However screenshots will most likely only be in the DS Game Catalog.

QUOTE said:
Great app well worth the donation and much smoother than the other version, can we have the export to file owned/missing games?

Already ahead of you, it's already on the to-do list. Reason why I didn't add it in right away is because I wanted to see if it was actually used
wink.gif

Waht features get unlocked?

Currently 2 features get unlocked; DS Game Catalog and Rom Statistics. I have plans for more awesome features (can't say anything yet!) that will be available to the supporters
smile.gif

SimpleSimon08

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Having a problem with flash cards, when adding and then selecting rominator crashes. Watching the window it seemed to be happening when listing the directory so removed the files required for R4DS i.e. _system_ folder, _DS_... files) and the cad can be read okay. Don't know if it is the folder or the non .nds files. But hope this helps.

EDIT 1 - removed all folders and crashed still, removed all required R4DS files and okay. Copied all files and folders back while Rominator loaded and okay, quit and reloaded but okay now. It seems once read without the R4 files it works after even with them in place weird. Not rebooted yet so may behave differently after that

Rascal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hank, One thing missing from previous version that I really miss is to see the comparison of size vs. trimmed on the bottom status line when I select multiple ROMS. I know I can see them for each ROM by adding Trim to the view options, but I liked seeing it for a group of ROMS to see if I was going to save a lot of space by trimming.

thejellydude

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I know this is going to sound like an odd request, but could someone zip the system files (Box art, database updates, etc.) and upload them for me? It's weird, but main main computer (The one with the roms) is totally hosed and can't read internet signals anymore. I'm getting a new one in a few weeks, and at that time I'll donate, but for now could someone give me a hand? I use my mom's laptop to download files, and transfer them via flashdrive. It'd be really appriciated, since really I want to try this latest release.

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
SimpleSimon08 said:
Having a problem with flash cards, when adding and then selecting rominator crashes. Watching the window it seemed to be happening when listing the directory so removed the files required for R4DS i.e. _system_ folder, _DS_... files) and the cad can be read okay. Don't know if it is the folder or the non .nds files. But hope this helps.

EDIT 1 - removed all folders and crashed still, removed all required R4DS files and okay. Copied all files and folders back while Rominator loaded and okay, quit and reloaded but okay now. It seems once read without the R4 files it works after even with them in place weird. Not rebooted yet so may behave differently after that

Wait do you keep all your Roms inside the root of your card?

If you do then don't, make a separate folder with your Roms inside and point Rominator to that folder.

knocturnal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Can someone post the donation link. Whenever I click on the make a donation link in the help section nothing happens. Maybe it's because I'm using Internet Explorer 8 Beta. I want to donate but so far nothing.

Also when I double click on a game it opens the dialog box for the game two spaces down.

When it comes to the crashing carts mine had the same problem so all I did was move my roms and saves from the root of the card into th rom folder and make another card in rominator and it works fine. The only problem is I can't delete the first card without Rominator crashing.

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Suggestion: Allow adding of full 'system' folders to be replaced/added upon firmware updates. Whether a donation function or not, it would be one step closer to "Everything in one".

The problem I have is that since it reads it straight up as the drive it brings in a problem, as to if I plug a different card into there, it's still considered 'the same card'.
QUOTE said:
Now the way I think would be easiest to fix is to have initial reading of the card place a very small (Under a kb) file in there with a small little code generated based on the settings, for example type of card can be first number/letter, type of microSD/size can be the second~4th or so letters, and then perhaps a number indicating multiples.

I think this would solve that problem and just have it read when something is plugged into that/those drives and scan the root for the file, if found start reading the files on the cart, if not, ignore.

I think the system file should just read the folder, because it would probably take too much of your time to have it auto-download and tell you when it's updated. That would be nice, but asking a bit too much.

Those are just suggestions though, things I'd like to see, I don't expect them though.
tongue.gif

Tikker

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hankchill said:
QUOTE said:
I have the same problem except that I have a EZ Flash V. My OS is Windows XP SP2. The card is a 2 gig Kingston Japan via 2.0 usb card reader.

I'll see if I can try and reproduce the errors in Windows. So far, I am unable to, but I'll keep you posted!

QUOTEdoes it play nice with networked drives yet?

Not sure
wink.gif
Give it a try!

looks like it's still a no

dragging and dropping from a networked drive still doesn't seem to work

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Using games on a network drive in Mac OS seems to work just fine. I'll see if there's a way I can get it to work with Windows.

In the meantime, v2008.1 is now available with the following changes:
[FIX] Serial Number did not register on some systems
[+] Dragging and Dropping your save games into a game's Save Window will import it now
[+/-] Change 'Import' in the save window to 'Export', and can export a save to a folder
[FIX] Save Window is now larger and movable
[FIX] The 'toolbar shadow' doesn't show anymore and cover the top of the window when it's not visible
[+] Saves with the extension ".nds.sav" are now recognized (as per the Acekard 2)
[FIX] Auto-renaming upon drag and drop would not rename the file; this has been fixed

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: A PS3 pkg i downloaded