Hacking Rominator for NDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

SFlames

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I see. Thanks a lot Hank Chill for this amazing application! I'm a Canadian too.
biggrin.gif

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
A big W00t to CanadaÂ
grog.gif

I'll be releasing v3.1.1 tonight, so be sure to run your updates
smile.gif

Regards.

excellent work hank i love the layout of your programme. Im gpoing to be usng it more once i get every single rom. nice work thanks.
grog.gif
also good luck with the donations i really need my money right now or i would donate a small amount.
yaynds.gif

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
My name is Hank Chill and I make the Rominator and Romintaor accessories.

You only wish
wink.gif

*rings cowbell* Come and get'er. 3.1.1, new features, updated database, and updated trainers are available. Enjoy!

By the way, I'm missing a few boxes if anyone can contribute:
0990, 0991, 0992 are missing. I need good, clean boxes with NO watermarks
smile.gif

Regards.

Clove

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Simple solution: Unplug your flash drive. You have your Flash Location set to a drive plugged in, and Rominator tries to read from it. If it cannot read from the drive plugged in, then unplug it. I can't do anything more for it. If I try and add any checking to see if the drive is in, but flash card is not, it'll still prompt you to insert a card. Can't do too much about that.

Regards.

I figured as much.
cool.gif
I only discovered it was the card reader recently. I don't know if anyone's having the same problem. Unplugging it's a small price to pay.
bow.gif

Maupi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Great to see that you're doing so much updates on the program!
I have a little feature-request for possible future updates (if you have the time offcourse):

- Is it possible to add an option to the statistics-window so that you can filter the missing roms-list for languages? I have no need for roms in Japanese but they still appear in the list. Would be great to have some checkboxes so we can check what languages are visible in the missing roms list.

Keep up the good work!!

_mrshl_

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hi hank.

i just decompressed all my roms and i'm renaming them right now.
so i just saw that the release group from 0670 is Legacy in your db but it were actually wrg who released it.
that's it so far; will post again if i see something else
wink.gif

cheers from germany

mrshl

edit:
- same with 0671;
- 0679 and 0680 are wrg's too;
- 0698 is wrg's and you named it "Nihon Curling Kyoukai Kounin - Minna no Curling DS" but g-online and advanscene say it's "Nippon Curling Kyoukai Kounin - Minna no Curling DS";
- you don't like wrg, right? -> 0699 is wrg's too
- 0704 is wrg's
- 0726 is wrg's and seems to be called "Futari wa PreCure: Splash Star Panpaka Game de Zekkouchou!" instead of "Futari wa Pretty Cure: Splash Star - Panpaka Game de Zekkouchou!" (according to g-online and advanscene)
- 0727 is wrg's
- renaming with "%n - %t %c%m(%g)" i get "0739 - Otogi Juushi Akazukin (Fa(Wolf'n Road Group)" with rom 0739
- 0748 is actually called "Cinnamoroll: Ohanashi shiyo! - Kira Kira DE Kore Cafe" (according to advanscene and wrg's nfo-file) instead of "Cinnamoroll - Ohana Shishiyo! - Kira Kira DE Kore Cafe" (in g-online it's named " Cinnamoroll: Ohana Shishiyo - KiraKira de Kore Cafe" which is wrong too - i sent shaunj66 a pm)
- 0751 is wrg's
- 0752 is wrg's
- 0755 is wrg's and is actually named "SNK vs. Capcom Card Fighters DS" (according release-nfo and official snk website) instead of "SNK vs. Capcom - Card Fighters DS"
- 0756 is wrg's and is actually named "Naruto: Shinobi Retsuden" (according to release-nfo and g-online) instead of "Naruto - Shinobi Retsuden"
- 0760 is actually called "Star Wars: Lethal Alliance" instead of "Star Wars - Lethal Alliance" according to official website (in the release-nfo it is named wrong too ("Star Wars Lethal Alliance") )
- 0761 is wrg's and called "Ryuusei no RockMan: Pegasus" instead of "Ryuusei no Rockman - Pegasus" according to g-online and release-nfo
- 0762 -> same with 0761: wrg and "Ryuusei no RockMan: Dragon"
- 0764 -> same with 0760: called "Star Wars: Lethal Alliance" instead of "Star Wars - Lethal Alliance"
- 0767 is wrg's and is according to the release-nfo an g-online called "Fushigi no Dungeon: Fuurai no Shiren DS" instead of "Fushigi no Dungeon - Fuurai no Shiren DS"
- 0770 is wrg's

- going to bed now (it's about 2:30 am here in germany) because need to sleep and learn for my a-levels
wink.gif
. i will check the roms again sometime 'cause there are plenty left i would say. but i hope this helps you and you'll fix your database and maybe some other people are going to verify/correct your db-entries
wink.gif

have a nice night/evening
wink.gif

mrshl

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
hi hank.

i just decompressed all my roms and i'm renaming them right now.
so i just saw that the release group from 0670 is Legacy in your db but it were actually wrg who released it.
that's it so far; will post again if i see something else
wink.gif

cheers from germany

mrshl

edit:
- same with 0671;
- 0679 and 0680 are wrg's too;
- 0698 is wrg's and you named it "Nihon Curling Kyoukai Kounin - Minna no Curling DS" but g-online and advanscene say it's "Nippon Curling Kyoukai Kounin - Minna no Curling DS";
- you don't like wrg, right? -> 0699 is wrg's too
- 0704 is wrg's
- 0726 is wrg's and seems to be called "Futari wa PreCure: Splash Star Panpaka Game de Zekkouchou!" instead of "Futari wa Pretty Cure: Splash Star - Panpaka Game de Zekkouchou!" (according to g-online and advanscene)
- 0727 is wrg's
- renaming with "%n - %t %c%m(%g)" i get "0739 - Otogi Juushi Akazukin (Fa(Wolf'n Road Group)" with rom 0739
- 0748 is actually called "Cinnamoroll: Ohanashi shiyo! - Kira Kira DE Kore Cafe" (according to advanscene and wrg's nfo-file) instead of "Cinnamoroll - Ohana Shishiyo! - Kira Kira DE Kore Cafe" (in g-online it's named "  Cinnamoroll: Ohana Shishiyo - KiraKira de Kore Cafe" which is wrong too - i sent shaunj66 a pm)
- 0751 is wrg's
- 0752 is wrg's
- 0755 is wrg's and is actually named "SNK vs. Capcom Card Fighters DS" (according release-nfo and official snk website) instead of "SNK vs. Capcom - Card Fighters DS"
- 0756 is wrg's and is actually named "Naruto: Shinobi Retsuden" (according to release-nfo and g-online) instead of "Naruto - Shinobi Retsuden"
- 0760 is actually called "Star Wars: Lethal Alliance" instead of "Star Wars - Lethal Alliance" according to official website (in the release-nfo it is named wrong too ("Star Wars Lethal Alliance") )
- 0761 is wrg's and called "Ryuusei no RockMan: Pegasus" instead of "Ryuusei no Rockman - Pegasus" according to g-online and release-nfo
- 0762 -> same with 0761: wrg and "Ryuusei no RockMan: Dragon"
- 0764 -> same with 0760: called "Star Wars: Lethal Alliance" instead of "Star Wars - Lethal Alliance"
- 0767 is wrg's and is according to the release-nfo an g-online called "Fushigi no Dungeon: Fuurai no Shiren DS" instead of "Fushigi no Dungeon - Fuurai no Shiren DS"
- 0770 is wrg's

- going to bed now (it's about 2:30 am here in germany) because need to sleep and learn for my a-levels
wink.gif
. i will check the roms again sometime 'cause there are plenty left i would say. but i hope this helps you and you'll fix your database and maybe some other people are going to verify/correct your db-entries
wink.gif

have a nice night/evening
wink.gif

mrshl

Those are quite the find
smile.gif

Any rom up to about 830 or so were pre-entered from an existing dat file -- basically every one that you mentioned here is the error of someone else
smile.gif
I'll fix them though to correlate with GBAtemp's.

You need to understand as well, I have the ' - ' in there for a reason: You CANNOT use the colon ":" in a filename! They've all been replaced with safe filenames ( - ). So for example, Star Wars: Lethal Alliance would technically be correct in calling it Star Wars - Lethal Alliance.

While I'm here, I just want to say something about the user reviews I've received so far. I've received plenty of nice opinions, but here's one that I just received:

Game: Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time (U)
Author: *omitted*
Score: 7
Review: Mint

C'mon guys, if you're going to submit an opinion/review, use more than 1 word! And more than 1 sentence as well! If I get these kind of reviews, then they surely won't be making it past judgment, that's for sure. I want as many GBAtemp-ers who use Rominator to share their opinions on games, so that everyone else can see them in real time, but they need to be a little more expansive than this. I'll write some opinions/reviews as well for some games just so you can understand how they need to be. A paragraph of your opinion is all I ask for
smile.gif

Regards.

EDIT: I also do NOT want reviews from web sites such as GameFAQs, IGN, GameSpot, etc. Those pieces of work are not by you and therefore cannot submit them. The review system is meant for member opinion and review communication. I cannot have something on there that doesn't belong to myself or is not an original writing.

Gandolf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have my roms in a folder called NDS. Then i have them in subdirectories under that folder called 0001 - 0100, 0101 - 0200 and so on. I then have my NDS folder as Games folder and marked the checkbox to read the subdirectories in my settings.

But it only find the first rom from every folder as this.

Have i done something wrong or is it a bug?

Got one more question. When a proper comes out for a game thats in the database already as for 0993 how does Rominator deal with this? Will it say that i got the wrong rom if i have the nuked one in my list?

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
I have my roms in a folder called NDS. Then i have them in subdirectories under that folder called 0001 - 0100, 0101 - 0200 and so on. I then have my NDS folder as Games folder and marked the checkbox to read the subdirectories in my settings.

But it only find the first rom from every folder as this.

Have i done something wrong or is it a bug?

Got one more question. When a proper comes out for a game thats in the database already as for 0993 how does Rominator deal with this? Will it say that i got the wrong rom if i have the nuked one in my list?

I'm not sure if you've seen the read-me, but scanning sub-directories is only for having the rom in the original release folder, so it's only going to pull the first one it finds. However, you have a good point here so I am going to allow it to scan each entire directory for games -- if you have all 1006 games, you'll be prepared to wait 10 seconds or so for your list to load, no?
wink.gif
I'll get this implemented in after I finish the Extensive Save System.

Rominator reads the header, game code, and version to determine a rom. It's up to you to know if you have a nuked one or not, since the information may be the same in both of them. Just delete the nuked one before replacing it with the good dump, to avoid confusion.

Regards.

Vanguard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Hank,

Nice program!

Is there any way for this thing to look for duplicate roms and delete them?

Also, a suggestion for the next release: Cache the rom lists (both the main roms folder and the flash card listing) after it has been read once so I don't have to sit and wait for the read every time I click between lists.

You can then watch the folders for changes if you think it's important, or just have a refresh button.

Also, a small bug: When I use rominator to delete a file from the card, but the card is write-protected, it doesn't delete the nds file or the save. Nothing you can do about that. The bug is that the program doesn't tell me it couldn't delete, and even removes the file from the list like it did actually delete it. There should be an error message for the user so I know when things don't work.

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Hey Hank,

Nice program!

Is there any way for this thing to look for duplicate roms and delete them?

Also, a suggestion for the next release:Â Cache the rom lists (both the main roms folder and the flash card listing) after it has been read once so I don't have to sit and wait for the read every time I click between lists.Â

You can then watch the folders for changes if you think it's important, or just have a refresh button.

Also, a small bug: When I use rominator to delete a file from the card, but the card is write-protected, it doesn't delete the nds file or the save. Nothing you can do about that. The bug is that the program doesn't tell me it couldn't delete, and even removes the file from the list like it did actually delete it. There should be an error message for the user so I know when things don't work.

Checking for dupes right now isn't available, but it won't be too hard of a feature to add!

It already does cache the list, but the thing that slows it down is reading the game icons in real time.

I guess adding in write protection checking would be something to add
tongue.gif
I'll be releasing 3.1.2 in the next couple days, just checking some extra bugs and doing some testing on my save system
smile.gif

Regards.

NemesisHunter

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm not sure if this has been implemented (or will be in the next update), but I have a couple suggestions that may benefit many people :

1) A function that disables/enables Trainer modification synchronizations between the Games playlist and the flash memory playlist, allowing modifications brought in a rom from the Games playlist to be auto-synchronized with the roms placed in the flash card playlist, the Games playlist having dominant control over trainer codes (that way we don't need to delete the entire Rom from our flash memory card, and retransfer it back in with the modified code the trainers bring along with them).
2) Another cool feature would be a sort of separate window for reviews "viewing". The review system is great, but if you want, for example, to take a look at your entire rom database and see which ones actually have reviews posted, it might be neat to view them all in some sort of branch-tree or details form, sort of like forums' threads representing the game, and sub-topics for each review title, with a sentence or two from within the review to show a preview it.
3) Finally, still talking about the review system, adding a scoring system for games based on some sort of benchmark, somewhere along the lines of Graphics, Gameplay, Replay Value, Sound, Satisfaction (as in, enjoyment level from playing the game, to compensate for games that hold little replay value such as Hotel Dusk or the Phoenix Wright series) and an overall user-bases score average from all the people who have submitted their reviews and scores.

You guys could help me out here, Hank needs all our support and ideas to share to make his program the absolute best DS Rom Manager out there.

Typhoe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

some quick suggestions:

+ In the rename option, add a possibility to:
- Change the renaming scheme and apply immediatly to all our roms in the "NDS Games folder"
(actually, if I change my setting and want to rename all my roms, I have to move them out of the default folder, and drag&drop them again on the Rominator window, haven't I?)
- Add an option to replace all spaces by underscore (_) in the names
(for now on, if I set the rename scheme to '%n_-_%t_%c', I will get 0847_-_Lunar Knights_(U).nds and not 0847_-_Lunar_Knights_(U).nds as I expected. The space in the title name is not removed)
+ The statistics are great, but I'd rather have a possibility in the main window to display all the existing rom list, with (for example) green color for the ones I have, and red for the one I'm missing.

Otherwise, thank you for this programme and the linux version!!!!

Regards,
Typhoe

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
+ In the rename option, add a possibility to:
- Change the renaming scheme and apply immediatly to all our roms in the "NDS Games folder"
(actually, if I change my setting and want to rename all my roms, I have to move them out of the default folder, and drag&drop them again on the Rominator window, haven't I?)

There's a reason why I included a RENAME BUTTON. It's the little 'book' icon. when you click on your game, and press the rename button, it'll rename it according to your naming scheme. I've mentioned the location of the readme PLENTY of times
wink.gif

- Add an option to replace all spaces by underscore (_) in the names
(for now on, if I set the rename scheme to '%n_-_%t_%c', I will get 0847_-_Lunar Knights_(U).nds and not 0847_-_Lunar_Knights_(U).nds as I expected. The space in the title name is not removed)

This is doable. I'll see when I get some free time (I'm working on a major project right now so I have to put Rominator on hold until next week)

+ The statistics are great, but I'd rather have a possibility in the main window to display all the existing rom list, with (for example) green color for the ones I have, and red for the one I'm missing.

I don't think that will be happening. The purpose is to manage the games you already own and organize them easily, not manage the ones that you don't own
tongue.gif

Regards.

NemesisHunter

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Would it be possible to add an edit function for our submitted reviews? (in case of editing our partial reviews into a full review, spellchecking, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: What the hell was that Syl?