Hacking Rominator Database Update info

callmebob

The Grandpa of Awe!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
gbasp.gif
Glad that someone picked this up, and it´s getting updated. I had almost given up on it.

Trying to updated my lists with compression and crc checks. Getting a few crashes, but will give results once done.

windsur

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry it's a little late, but the updated box arts are here. It took longer than expected to sort through the mess than anticipated.
laugh.gif
If anyone notices any problems with them, please let me know and I'll fix it. I sort through them 1-by-1 but nobody's perfect.

As stated before, newer box arts will be included with the new dat (err, rod) releases.

ginger_tosser

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

I'm new to this rominator thing, having got the kids a DS lite for Xmas and with a little help from my brother in law have been introduced to rominator for managing my cartridge backups.
wink.gif

I've just updated the rom database and boxart listing and to the 4637 revsion of 8th Jan but when I try to rename what I believe to be 4333 - Disney fairies - tinkerbell and the lost treasure I get an "Cannot rename 'Disney_Fairies_Tinker_Bell_And_The_Lost_Treasure'; No database info."

Not sure if it is a database issue or another issue with my rom. (the rom works fine in the acekard )

regards,
GingerTosser

EDIT - Ignore the above. I hit the refresh button and it found and sorted it all out.

joshread

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
2438 Cahier de Vacances pour Adultes is the only one for me that is not detected in the new db. I work with unzipped roms

Very good work

windsur

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
joshread said:
2438 Cahier de Vacances pour Adultes is the only one for me that is not detected in the new db. I work with unzipped roms

Very good work

There were actually two releases for Cahier de Vacances pour Adultes. There's the original (bad dump) with a crc32 of 2B7ED9A6 and a rerelease (good dump) with a crc32 of 9F4B0594. Which one do you have?

windsur

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd like to apologize that I couldn't get the new database out today as I'd wanted: Unfortunately, I had some technical difficulties (read as: "editing program burped and dumped all the changes I'd made so I have to start over"). There should be a Friday release, though. Sorry if there's any inconveniences to anyone.

One other note: BAHAMUT group has been releasing good dumps of DSi-enhanced games using the ".dsi" extension. Unfortunately, Rominator doesn't handle that extension at this time. If you want to add them, you'll need to manually change the extension to ".nds". They've also been redumping some of the older DSi-enhanced titles as well. I'll be adding them into the database as soon as I can get my hands on the actual files.

windsur

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, new database is up here.

Box arts for 4638 through 4660 are included.

Rominator does recognize the new .dsi files if they're changed to .nds.

Information for the redumped BAHAMUT DSi-enhanced games aren't included at this time.

rmanal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,

when I click on one of the last game I always get the message "an unhandled error occured ..." and I don't see the boxart: what's wrong?

Thanks
Rmanal

joshread

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
windsur said:
joshread said:

Very good work

There were actually two releases for Cahier de Vacances pour Adultes. There's the original (bad dump) with a crc32 of 2B7ED9A6 and a rerelease (good dump) with a crc32 of 9F4B0594. Which one do you have?

I got the bad dump. Why in the clean dump column, it doesn't say "NO"
like the 5 other one I got (2439,4214,4436,4486 and 4502).

Regard.

windsur

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rmanal said:
Hello,

when I click on one of the last game I always get the message "an unhandled error occured ..." and I don't see the boxart: what's wrong?

Thanks
Rmanal

Did you get the boxart update for games through 4637 at http://filetrip.net/f9387-Rominator-Boxart-update-4637.html? If so, did you put it in the NDS Box Art subdirectory?

If not, Rominator is still trying to download the boxarts online. If it doesn't find one, you get the error you're having: "an unhandled error has occurred" then the second time you click on it, it will say "boxart unavailable."

windsur

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
joshread said:
windsur said:
joshread said:

Very good work

I got the bad dump. Why in the clean dump column, it doesn't say "NO"
like the 5 other one I got (2439,4214,4436,4486 and 4502).

Regard.

To be honest, I don't know why it doesn't say bad dump: There's no place in the database itself to say "bad dump/good dump" so it's not data I'm entering. You might want to use the "Submit Feedback" button in Rominator and see if hankchill can answer the question. Normally, when someone says a rom doesn't work, I check the database (to see if I made a mistake) then head to nointro.org to see if there have been older versions of the same rom.

windsur

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ichigo570 said:
My Rune Factory 2 (USA) has changed to Tomb Raider.

I'm guessing you're using compressed (.zip) files and you mean the icons are wrong. In that case, when the last (and final) rom renumbering hit, it confused Rominator. You might want to select all and press "Auto-Rename" or try building a new rom list. Unfortunately, the last renumbering was necessary: When someone helped me renumber the games when I took over the database, some mistakes were made and were just recently caught and fixed. I went through every game (1 through 4637 at the time) 1-by-1 to make sure that I wouldn't have to go through the list and do it over again.

windsur

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry the latest update is a little behind: I'm having problems with my broadband at the moment so I can't download roms to verify the changes in the database. The problem should be fixed shortly.

An updated file should be available soon.

Sniffer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Any idea why I've started to get Rominator crashing again when I try to CRC check 256mb roms ?

I'm running the Windows version...........

windsur

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sniffer said:
Any idea why I've started to get Rominator crashing again when I try to CRC check 256mb roms ?

I'm running the Windows version...........

I just had the same thing happen to me.
huh.gif

In my case, starting a new romlist and adding a sample rom fixed it, though.

Example: 4623 - Band Hero. I put it into my "Trap" list (where I keep roms people have had problems with). I ran the crc32 check and it crashed. Reopened Rominator, made a new (blank) list and added 4623 and the crc32 checked OK (no crash or anything). Not sure exactly where the problem is.

In the example, I was using uncompressed roms (trap list is uncompressed only - my main list I use .zipped roms).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Even my mum slept on that uremum