Homebrew Romhack list for *hax 2.5+

D

Deleted User

Sorry for asking so many newb questions so just to be clear i create a folder called hans and put it in the root of the sd card then i put the romsfs in there to play my mod
Correct. Just make sure you name the romfs file to the correct thing
You will need to make it yourself as well you can't just rename the folder that comes with patches

mumax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Can someone share with me ready .romfs files for Star Sapphire or Neo X, please? I tried to patch games by myself but it didn't work.. And also I can't find patched CIA roms for that games, only .3ds. Thanks!

D

Deleted User

I am so sorry for nagging you about these xdelta files. So I have a alpha sapphire CIA. What next?
You will need to decrypt it, patch it, rebuild it. Then take the romfs file

Process may be a bit different with a cia then a rom. So if someone can confirm that would be great

D

Deleted User

I have a .3ds as well. One wee little problem though... I am on a mac
I can't help you there unfortunately. I was home free on my PC but then was brought to a grinding halt on my macbook due to the lack of programs

BurningDesire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look on that ISO site
so in the star sapphire i see something that says Sapphire.rsf is that what i want

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I can't help you there unfortunately. I was home free on my PC but then was brought to a grinding halt on my macbook due to the lack of programs
to bad a mac dev can't port all these pc apps overs

LuigiBro

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please someone help me get Super Mario 3D Land running with my 3D World hax in hans
scr_8_BOTTOM.png

Acryt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But the explanation is here.

1. Install ironhax etc.
  2. Install python2.7
  3. Download packhack (from here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...d-3ds-roms-run-xy-oras-without-update.383055/) and extract it
  4. Go to the ISO site. Download a CIA (in this case it's pre-patched)
  5. Meanwhile check the program you want to run with hacks do this using Hans and selecting the program. And move to romfs and select yes write down the name.
  6. Exit Hans.
  7. Power off the 3DS
  8. Extract the zips on your PC. (Put the CIA in the same folder as the packhack
  9. Use
Code:
ctrtool --contents=contents name.cia
ctrtool -p --exefs=exefs.bin contents.0000.00000000
ctrtool -t exefs --exefsdir=exefs --decompresscode exefs.bin
ctrtool -p --romfs=romfs.bin contents.0000.00000000
(replace name with program name)
  1. After extracting open hxd and select romfs. Select the numbers 0 to fff
  2. Press backspace
  3. Save
  4. Rename romfs to the titleid written down above like this: titleid.romfs
  5. Put it on the SD
  6. Run Hans
  7. It should succeed
I followed your instructions exactly, but screen glitch. Using physical cart + your explanation

Procyon

TheRealProcyon
Trophies
Website
discord.me
XP
Country
Netherlands
I followed your instructions exactly, but screen glitch. Using physical cart + your explanation

Weird it worked for me. I'll check tomorrow.

so in the star sapphire i see something that says Sapphire.rsf is that what i want

You want the romfs. Extract it as I said in the folder there will be an file romfs.bin

Agent Moose

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I wish for the same thing :P Good thing I still have my old Windows Laptop which I can do such with. :3 (I would port them over if I knew how)

Acryt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Weird it worked for me. I'll check tomorrow.

You want the romfs. Extract it as I said in the folder there will be an file romfs.bin
It worked now, but blackscreen after creating save data. Gonna mess around. Thanks for the explanation!

Seems really unstable. Lots of freeze ups during trying to start a new game. Any need for the code.bin that is extracted?
Can't get past the title screen for Rutile Ruby. Just locks up at many different points. Choosing language, new game, pressing start to skip the intro.. etc
Finally got into game. Did need the code.bin, thought it wasn't required as my game was crashing earlier on+ you don't mention it in instructions

Last edited by Acryt,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...