ROM Hack ROM Hacking Question

meiQ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey I was just wondering if anybody knew how I could go about putting a rom hack created by another person onto a rom so that when I converted it into a .cia and played it on my 3ds I could play the hack without having to run HANS or NTR.

Mikemk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I assume you mean virtual console roms? NES, SNES, TG16, GB, GBC usually used IPS patches, so use a program such as this to apply it to the original rom, then inject it into the 3DS' virtual console (use this, and the ones in his sig)
GBA roms would sometimes use IPS and sometimes xdelta, use this to patch them. Windows will flag it as a virus; it's not.
If it's a 3DS patch, use the instructions provided by the person who made the patch.

Thelostrune

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hey I was just wondering if anybody knew how I could go about putting a rom hack created by another person onto a rom so that when I converted it into a .cia and played it on my 3ds I could play the hack without having to run HANS or NTR.
Yes, you would probably have the files for that. It's as simple as just dragging and dropping most of the time, but if extra instructions were given follow those.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYzI76fwaM0