ROM graphics, 2D to 1D?

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by KazoWAR, Jul 3, 2010.

1. KazoWAR
    OP

KazoWAR GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 12, 2008
    United States
    Winter Haven
    I am trying to make another program to edit trainer sprites, but I ran into a road block and would like to ask if anyone else can help me with my problem.

In Tile Molester there is a setting called 1-Dimensional and 2-Dimensional. Does anyone know what exactly TM does to the bytes to edit the image when going from 2-D to 1-D?

This is the image I got from TM as a 1-D image.
    [​IMG]

It is pretty much perfect except for the bottom, and I already know how to fix that.

When changed it to 2-D it looks like this
    [​IMG]
    Pretty messy right?

Well when I try to open the image in my program it looks like this
    [​IMG]

It is exactly the same as when you change it to 2D mode it TM, So I need to know how to rearrange the pixels to make it in to a 1-D image
    Please anyone help?

2. Noitora

Noitora ::

Aug 9, 2007
    Greece
    Athens
  3. KazoWAR
    OP

KazoWAR GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 12, 2008
    United States
    Winter Haven
    Thanks, I will take a look.

4. Roxas75

Roxas75 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 9, 2010
    Italy
    Anyone resolved this? I have the same problem, i'm watching the TileMolester source, but i haven't found anything for now..

5. pleonex

pleonex GBAtemp Regular

Jan 16, 2009
    South of Spain
    I think this is the tile form, the structure of the tiles in the image, usually named too as "Lineal (or No Tile), Horizontal and Vertical". The image is formed by blocks of pixels, normally 8x8.

I have explained that some time ago here: http://code.google.com/p/tinke/wiki/NCGR?wl=en#Image_data

6. Roxas75

Roxas75 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 9, 2010
    Italy
    Many thanks i got it.