Hacking ROM for 3DS with GBA games

Jake94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, so I've never really dabbled around with ROMS or flashcards for the 3DS since most games I've ever wanted to play have either been on another platform which I own or I've downloaded it on the e-shop.

That being said I've always been miffed that GBA games never made it to the 3DS unless you had the ambassador program, and even then there were only the top choices they picked for you. I would like to find a reliable flashcard or ROM that I can use with my new 3DS so that I could enjoy playing Super Mario Advance 4 again. Now here is where it gets kinda crazy with my idea. For those of you on here that have ever owned or played SMA4, you know that there is the elusive e-world with a majority of levels and power-ups that never made it to North America. I loved that game so much that I went through the process of buying a better printer and made home brew copies of my own e-reader cards which allowed me to add any amount of content that I couldn't buy otherwise. I know there are GBA emulators that exist where you could open up two emulators at the same time (one being the game and the other being the e-reader so you could "swipe" the cards) and then play it on a PC if you weren't lucky enough to figure out how to print them.

Long story short, my crazy idea would be to create a file from one of those emulators with all the e-world content loaded on. Copy those files onto a flashcard or ROM for the 3DS then have everything I want to mess around with on one platform. My question to everyone on here that's had way more experience with flashcards, do you think this is possible? I know its a long shot, but if its doable in anyway I would love to give it a try since my GBA died awhile ago and I've misplaced my old GBA games as well.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Alright, so I've never really dabbled around with ROMS or flashcards for the 3DS since most games I've ever wanted to play have either been on another platform which I own or I've downloaded it on the e-shop.

That being said I've always been miffed that GBA games never made it to the 3DS unless you had the ambassador program, and even then there were only the top choices they picked for you. I would like to find a reliable flashcard or ROM that I can use with my new 3DS so that I could enjoy playing Super Mario Advance 4 again. Now here is where it gets kinda crazy with my idea. For those of you on here that have ever owned or played SMA4, you know that there is the elusive e-world with a majority of levels and power-ups that never made it to North America. I loved that game so much that I went through the process of buying a better printer and made home brew copies of my own e-reader cards which allowed me to add any amount of content that I couldn't buy otherwise. I know there are GBA emulators that exist where you could open up two emulators at the same time (one being the game and the other being the e-reader so you could "swipe" the cards) and then play it on a PC if you weren't lucky enough to figure out how to print them.

Long story short, my crazy idea would be to create a file from one of those emulators with all the e-world content loaded on. Copy those files onto a flashcard or ROM for the 3DS then have everything I want to mess around with on one platform. My question to everyone on here that's had way more experience with flashcards, do you think this is possible? I know its a long shot, but if its doable in anyway I would love to give it a try since my GBA died awhile ago and I've misplaced my old GBA games as well.
Your best bet is googling that iso site and searching there for a patched rom with that included. If not I dont think thats possible to do.

Reactions: TurdPooCharger

Jake94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah I see thanks. Is that website called -snip- or am I looking at the wrong one?

Last edited by Flame, , Reason: please do not talk about warez

Pickle_Rick

I'm a pickle Morty!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Just install cfw and use NSUI to create cias for any gba game you want.

Reactions: Jacklack3

SCOTT0852

shiny rubber creature
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is made much easier if you just buy the Wii U version of SMA4, which includes every eReader level. Then you just dump the .gba from it and it will contain all the levels. You can inject that onto your 3DS or put it on your flashcart, personally I put it on my snes classic.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yWIobzBdKc