Rom failed problem, help?

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by nathania, Nov 8, 2008.

Nov 8, 2008

Rom failed problem, help? by nathania at 3:25 PM (1,818 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. nathania
    OP

Newcomer nathania Newbie

United States
    I downloaded a new game, Jamie Oliver What's Cooking from many different rom sites but it never plays on my DS. When I click it, it shows a black screen then, ROM LOADING FAILED load rom errcode=7 Please reset system.

People have suggested getting a new firmware update thing and I did but I messed up the TTMENU totally.

I'm a bit challenged here, so sorry for the ignorance.

What do i do?

2. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Make a backup of your microSD card. Then delete TTMENU.DAT and TTMENU.SYS from your microSD card. Then delete the TTMENU folder (and all the files inside it) from your microSD card.

Then acquire and unpack the latest firmware (which I believe is 1.16) and place the new TTMENU.DAT and TTMENU folder (along with the files inside it) onto your microSD card.

If it was working before, it should now work again. Make sure your .nds and .sav files are in a "games" folder and not on the top level of your microSD card. Also make sure you use the "safely remove hardware" utility before removing the microSD card from your computer.

-Bri

3. nathania
    OP

Newcomer nathania Newbie

United States
    Thank you so much! [​IMG]

Works perfectly now, I guess I didn't understand the stuff that much before.